“Rude Chef”

Cuisines: European
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Not a place to go if you have 6 friends gathering for a festive evening! The chef came out to tell one of our guests to quiet down. The chef was angry and rude.... I guess the laughter was too much for her!! Our waitress was wonderful, but I will never go back there.

3  Thank davideL4591TJ
luckmaler, Owner at Taste of Europe Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2018

First this is not a review about the food, second it is verry embarrassing for me as a Chef haveing to go to your table and asking you to quiet down after 2 ather tables complaint about you.Sorry if you think you are the only table but ather tabels have a right to have a conversation too.

Reviewed 13 March 2018

The Taste of Europe Bistro is an awesome hideaway with very attentive waitresses who take excellent care of you and give you great advice what is special and what beverage pairs perfect with your preferred dish. Sandra and her husband take care of the restaurant in a wonderful way and strive to make your dining experience unforgettable.
The German beer on tap is impeccable and so are the meals which are all prepared with love and passion. Definitely highly recommendable.
One hidden Gem in Port Charlotte

Reviewed 5 March 2018 via mobile

My wife and I ate here twice. The restaurant serves mostly German food. The food was very good both times we ate here.

The restaurant is small and is popular so you may have to share a table. However we found this to be fun. You get to meet people.

There is a very large select of German beers.

We had good food and enjoyed the people we met. The service was good but there is only one waitress so it can take a little time to place your order.

Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

Stopped in today and was pleasantly surprised. The place reminded me of a typical Gasthaus in Germany. The aroma of sauerkraut greeted my nose. I ordered the Tour of Germany, shnitzle, bratwurst, red cabbage, sauerkraut, and mashed potatoes. I added a dunkel weissbier and was transported back to Germany. All I can say is "Wow!" If you love European food you have to give this place a try. You won't be disappointed!

Reviewed 3 March 2018

Weekday lunch. My wife had the daily special sauerbraten red cabbage,potatoe dumpling and pronounced it excellent. I had Black Forest schnitzel one of many varieties available which was served with an excellent brown gravy and spatezle.Many kinds of imported bottle beers as well as a smaller list of wines available.
small place perhaps 30 covers but extremely well run by 2 staff,cook and waitress. Will go back.