My wife and I decided to do a budget wedding anniversary this year somewhere warm in the continental U.S. since our past three were higher end, all inclusive Caribbean vacations. That being said we shopped around and chose this place because it was roughly $86 a night and less than one mile from the nearest beach.
Upon arrival we were greeted by a very friendly front desk clerk who was extremely helpful, suggesting places to eat, sites to see, things to do in the area etc. This one experience was the best part of staying here.
The hotel is located along Federal Highway and the property has a liquor store and Brazilian restaurant. There are three floors, with a small swimming pool, ice machine and snack/pop vending machines on the first floor. Our room was on the second floor of the hotel and was very basic. It had a small fridge, flat screen tv and microwave. The bathroom was stocked with hotel bar soap and fresh towels and there was an ice bucket and two standard plastic cups. Here are some points to note IF you still decide to stay here:
1. Close to the beach
3. Complimentary coffee in the main lobby almost all day long
4. Friendly staff
5. Free WiFi
1. ROACHES! On the very first night we stayed there were roaches and small ants literally crawling out of the woodwork! We brought it to the attention of the staff, who baited and sprayed twice. We figured we'd wait a day or two for the bait to work but it never got any better. Although the front desk staff offered to move us to another room we figured the problem might have been hotel wide so politely declined and stuck it out. It did not get better in 8 nights....
2. Lighting in the room is very poor, provided by two bedside lamps.
3. The walls are very thin...You can count how many times a toilet flushed or shower was turned on in the adjacent rooms.
4. The air conditioning unit kept making a loud ticking noise although we never once turned it on. This and other factors made the room seem in need of better maintenance.
Overall this was not a good experience for us and there are definitely minor things that can be done to this place to make it a way better experience for visitors, even if it is a budget hotel.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Economy Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.