“Cheap Room But Beware...You Get What You Pay For!!!”
Review of Economy Inn

Economy Inn
Ranked #34 of 38 Hotels in Pompano Beach
Reviewed 26 March 2017

My wife and I decided to do a budget wedding anniversary this year somewhere warm in the continental U.S. since our past three were higher end, all inclusive Caribbean vacations. That being said we shopped around and chose this place because it was roughly $86 a night and less than one mile from the nearest beach.

Upon arrival we were greeted by a very friendly front desk clerk who was extremely helpful, suggesting places to eat, sites to see, things to do in the area etc. This one experience was the best part of staying here.

The hotel is located along Federal Highway and the property has a liquor store and Brazilian restaurant. There are three floors, with a small swimming pool, ice machine and snack/pop vending machines on the first floor. Our room was on the second floor of the hotel and was very basic. It had a small fridge, flat screen tv and microwave. The bathroom was stocked with hotel bar soap and fresh towels and there was an ice bucket and two standard plastic cups. Here are some points to note IF you still decide to stay here:

Positives
1. Close to the beach
2. Affordable
3. Complimentary coffee in the main lobby almost all day long
4. Friendly staff
5. Free WiFi

Negatives
1. ROACHES! On the very first night we stayed there were roaches and small ants literally crawling out of the woodwork! We brought it to the attention of the staff, who baited and sprayed twice. We figured we'd wait a day or two for the bait to work but it never got any better. Although the front desk staff offered to move us to another room we figured the problem might have been hotel wide so politely declined and stuck it out. It did not get better in 8 nights....

2. Lighting in the room is very poor, provided by two bedside lamps.

3. The walls are very thin...You can count how many times a toilet flushed or shower was turned on in the adjacent rooms.

4. The air conditioning unit kept making a loud ticking noise although we never once turned it on. This and other factors made the room seem in need of better maintenance.

Overall this was not a good experience for us and there are definitely minor things that can be done to this place to make it a way better experience for visitors, even if it is a budget hotel.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Simon P

Reviewed 21 January 2017 via mobile

I've awarded 1 star strictly because the hotel staff was quite nice. And the $82 week night price tag was certainly acceptable considering the average pricing for hotels in this area. Unfortunately, that's where the positive experience stopped for me, this place is honestly just plain gross, it's clearly a crack smoking hole in the wall. Judging by the people hanging out around it as well as the roaches, cigarette burnt pillows and blankets, smashed in and left unfixed drywall, and bits of brillo pad that clearly wasn't used for cleaning laying around on the floor. If you're looking for a shady spot to meet up with a cheap prostitute, have a drug induced generally sleezy time, or just have no regard whatsoever for your personal hygiene, this is the place to go. If you're looking for a reasonably priced, but not expecting a newly remodeled or full of ammenities room, yet still having a desire to sleep in a clean bed, and actually be able to sleep not worrying about what may be crawling all over you type of room, THIS IS DEFINITELY NOT IT!! The search continues amongst the area to locate a reasonably priced clean bed to stay the night in.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled solo
3  Thank Matt L
Reviewed 25 March 2016 via mobile

The room looked nice at first but after staying the night, I seen roaches. I had loud neighbors, people slamming doors. I asked the front desk not to go in my room and clean while I was gone and sure enough they did and took my personal towel along with them. Then they couldn't help me to get it back. Hard bed, old sheets, hard pillows. Few tv channels. Never again will I stay here.

Stayed: March 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 February 2015

Do not stay at this hotel. Terrible customer service. I was greeted by someone yelling to me from a back room. She didn't come out until I said it was very unprofessional to be in the back room. The hotel is very ghetto. Dirty, old. Not a great neighborhood. People coming and going at all hours of the night. Couldn't sleep. We had made a reservation for a non smoking room. They out us in a smoking room and when I went to ask for a nonsmoking room they told us the place was completely booked for the night and made us feel bad asking for a new room. Finally showed us a new room. Overall, do not stay at the Executive Economy Lodge in Pompano Beach FL.

• Stayed: February 2015
3  Thank Brianne79
Reviewed 6 January 2014

Dirtiest and most decrepit place I have ever seen...no blankets, no phone, no clock, no hangers...sticky floors, frayed filthy carpet. Badly patched lumps in the ceiling and the walls, holes in the doors, cigarette burns on the bedspreads...broken shower and broken lamp. Hard to believe this place is actually in business!

Room Tip: Stay anywhere else at any price; this place is creepy.