Beachcomber Resort and Villas(Pompano Beach)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 02/08
USD 155
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
USD 132
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 151/night.

Surfside Resort(Pompano Beach)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 01/08
USD 100
Ebb Tide Oceanfront Resort(Pompano Beach)(Great Value!)
USD 102
USD 97
Free cancellation until 03/08
USD 72
Hotels.com
The Palms On Ocean(Pompano Beach)
USD 77
USD 75
Sea Horse Motel(Pompano Beach)(Great Value!)
USD 100
USD 95
USD 212
USD 200
  • Beachfront
  • Pool
Surf Rider Resort(Pompano Beach)
USD 207
All reviewsgas fire pitkey boxa pet friendly hotelremodeled roomsacross the streetwithin walking distancesafe areagreat poolpompano beach areaone night staycomfortable bedshort walk to the beachenjoyed our stayother guestsalexmotellinens
Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

100m from beach, great service desk,pool open practically 24 h a day,room #34 great for family vacation 2 plus 2 or 3. Close to stores like Publix or CVS. Good location to highway or beaches. Definitely we’ll be back. One more thing-pet friendly

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 April 2018

I really liked this place. After reading the mixed reviews I decided to see this place for myself. We stayed 3 nights and I would stay again in a heartbeat.

I like the individually owned motels that are being remodeled/updated. They have a personal touch you can't get at the chain motels/hotels. Our room was a safari theme and the bed was so comfortable! Great new mattress and pillows! The towels are made in USA and really thick and plush. New air conditioner also. Our room was in the courtyard around the pool which was awesome. This place is literally 2 minutes from the beach which I love. Sometimes, as in this trip, Pompano beach can be really windy. I was glad we were a block and a half off the beach to cut down on the wind. When it is 75 out and a 15mph wind it can feel chilly...but not at Sea Steps...just far enough away to be a bit warmer. However, when the wind dies down, or its hotter, you are just a 2 minute walk to a beautiful beach!! Best of both worlds in my opinion.

I see some reviews where people are concerned because they are using real keys and there are no deadbolts. I see in the office storeroom there looks to be new doors going in fairly soon. I felt safe the entire time I was there. This area is vacation central. If you are someone who travels with expensive jewelry and such, maybe this is not the place for you....pay to stay at the expensive hotels with the safe in the room. But me and my JCP shorts and costume jewelry did just fine here!

I saw other reviews where people remarked about the "mismatched old furniture" or the room decor. I for one LOVED it. Individually styled rooms were great! If you want a boring generic hotel room then go to the Best Western or other chains and pay big money. The beds are more comfortable here than many of the chain hotels.

Also another reviewer said the wifi wasn't good...we had no problem. Another reviewer said no cable tv...NOT true! There is cable and the tv's in the room are great. Someone else complained bathrooms are small. Ok, yes they are. But what do you do in them? Go potty and take a shower. I'm not vacationing in my bathroom. Don't let that stop you from staying here. Bathrooms are CLEAN and shower pressure great.

At night there was a gas fire pit that was lit and the pool courtyard was so pretty lit up at night.

All in all, if you are a picky person, don't stay here. Leave it for those of us who like a uniquely styled, relaxed atmosphere place with super comfortable beds and clean rooms with great water pressure showers and ultra plush towels...oh and the awesome staff. Pool was clean and warm

Sea Steps owners you have done a wonderful job freshening this place up and I see you are continuing to do so. A suggestion would be to have some beach chairs and umbrellas available for guests to borrow for the beach. Thank you for a lovely stay. See you next time!

Room Tip: pool view courtyard
2  Thank maryjoanfive
Reviewed 31 March 2018

We typically stay in the Fort Lauderdale beach or Lauderdale by the Sea area before or after our cruise but this year my wife wanted to try something different when she found Sea Steps on Expedia, I was concerned, not good with change but this was a fantastic pick on her part. Very beautiful area, literally a 2 minute walk to the beach from our room. The room was very clean, comfortable bed, basic hotel room no complaints. The grounds were awesome, nice pool with nice sitting out area around it, barbeque and neat little gas fireplace for sitting around in the evening. To be perfectly honest we had no complaints, one thing that really helps makes a visit nice is the staff at a hotel and the staff here were all fantastic, but there is one huge standout here, Gerrard, he works the front desk some of the evenings and we missed our connecting flight and were rescheduled to arrive in Lauderdale at 11PM. We contacted the front desk and let Gerrard know what was going on, told him we wouldn't be arriving at the hotel until midnight. He guaranteed us he would have rooms for us and when we landed in Lauderdale there was a text on my phone from him saying to call him. He met us at the hotel at almost midnight and set us up with our rooms, couldn't believe it, thank you Gerrard, we will never forget this and we will definitely be returning to Sea Steps.

Reviewed 20 March 2018

The hotel was OK for an overnight stay and a good price when compared to others in the Fort Lauderdale area. It was clean and staff were very pleasant and helpful. They have laundry facilities on site at no charge which is very nice to have. If you want a hair dryer or coffee you need to ask at the office for both.I was glad to know this while there were still staff available in the office.We were only there one night and it rained so we did not get to see much of the town. Overall we had a pleasant stay.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 March 2018

I rely heavily on TripAdvisor when I travel. Based on reviews here I felt confident and booked a three night / four day stay. The other reviews did not disappoint. Perhaps it was because the beach wasn't crowded but we did not hear a lot of outside noise while trying to sleep and there were folks in the room above us. I'll also have to say that Cassie, the gal who takes care of everyone, was exceptionally awesome. Our room was a single with a king bed and no kitchen or kitchenette because I didn't get away to cook. The restoration of this little gem has been done with attention to detail - down to crown molding and the grounds are beautiful - don't think I've ever seen an orchid on a property before. I'd definitely stay here again.

1  Thank kayeteekaye