All reviews stay there again cleaning staff waffles fast food wonderful stay internet florida pet cord highway state
Reviewed 4 June 2018 via mobile

Save yourself some frustration and stay somewhere else! When I walked up to the front desk to check in, there were three women in front of me trying to figure out why their reservations were lost. I stood behind them in line for about 20 minutes as there was only one person working at 9pm on the Saturday of Memorial Day Weekend. When I finally got up to the desk, I give the man my name and he can only find one of my two rooms that I booked. This yound man could not, for the life of him, find my second room and was completely incompetent! All he kept saying was, "hmmm that's funny..", well, funny it was not! He finally just gave up and told me he can't find the second room that I had already paid for. I had to tell him that he needed to find my room that was already paid for and he finally called his manager who didn't have an answer for him either?! It turns out the second room was booked under my mother's name but, the same reservation code.. and they just could not figure that out?! Once we finally got into our room, it smelledike rotten garbage and continued to stink the entirety of our stay. This place needs better training, better staff, and a front desk person who can at least pretend to give a crap when they can't find your reservation! The only positive thing about this "hotel" were the waffles and coffee for free!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank LadyBrady108
FrontDesk_GM, General Manager at Comfort Inn Plant City - Lakeland, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2018

Thank you for sharing your experience. We are sorry that a potential miscommunication at the front desk caused you some discomfort. As we search for reservations by name, some delay may be caused when reservations are under different names. We are nonetheless saddened to hear that your room may have had an unusual issue. Our guests are asked to inform us of any such problems right away so that we can ensure you are comfortable. We will work to learn from your feedback as we move forward and we would love the chance to make it up to you in the future.

Reviewed 28 May 2018

Room was clean and comfortable. Enjoyed the breakfast entrays. The location was perfect for me and my roommates. The staff was very helpful. The hotel was under renovation so it was a little inconvenient in not having a rest room in the lobby.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
FrontDesk_GM, General Manager at Comfort Inn Plant City - Lakeland, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2018

Thank you for choosing Comfort Inn Plant City! We are happy that you enjoyed a clean, cozy experience. Our team loves to please and we appreciate your complimentary feedback! Come back and see us again soon when our updates are complete so that we can make your next experience even better.

Reviewed 15 April 2018

Rooms clean and very quiet. Breakfast was hot and glad to see bacon, instead of sausage all the time. Was not recognized as a s choice rewaRds member. At check in, I was almost charged for room, but then the clerk realized it was a rewards points. He was very nice, so no problem. Explained where the different ice, soda machine, etc were located. Very polite young man.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
FrontDesk_GM, General Manager at Comfort Inn Plant City - Lakeland, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your review of our property. We're thrilled to hear that we were able to provide such an enjoyable experience and that you appreciated our clean and quiet accommodations, as well as received friendly and helpful service from our front desk team. We're also glad that you had the opportunity to try our delicious hot breakfast and welcomed the varied menu we offer.
On behalf of us all at Comfort Inn Plant City, thank you for your encouraging words and we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 13 April 2018

The staff here is very nice and courteously offered to clean my canvas bag that got dirty during my flight.

The breakfast is pretty good too - better than some of the budget to average hotels. The waffles were awesome!

The WiFi here is slow. Halfway through my stay, the internet went out and it took 30 minutes before I was able to connect to their router. The speed crawled after that. I posted an image of the actual speed test. I am not sure if this problem was due to a Verizon mid-state outage or not.

The shower head was installed crooked (maintenance?) so I had to lean toward the shower wall to get rinsed off.

The workout facility needs to be updated. The equipment is not very good at all and one piece was broken. The TV also wasn't working.

My suggestion for this hotel is to offer free bottles of water to customers when the cleaning staff refreshes the room.

UNRELATED TO THIS HOTEL: This was very conveniently located. Although, I HATE the Florida tolls because rental car companies screw you by charging $25 if you drive on a toll road (even though they're only paying the state about $4-5 per occurence).

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
FrontDesk_GM, General Manager at Comfort Inn Plant City - Lakeland, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2018

Our friendly staff works hard to ensure all our guests feel at home and was more than happy to offer to clean your bag. We're so glad our breakfast waffles got your morning off to a great start. However, we're sorry for any difficulty with the WiFi and we'll look into this further. In addition, please accept our apologies for any issues with your showerhead as well as for any concerns with the fitness equipment. We'll ask our maintenance staff to take a look. Thank you for your suggestion about provided complimentary water. We'll consider this going forward and we hope you'll come stay with us again soon.

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

Stay somewhere else and avoid the aggravation of this hotel. The first room we were given smelled like an animal died in the room. When we went to the front desk to get a different room the clerk told us that the room had been taken out of service because of the smell and thought it had been corrected. Both the original room and second room had blown lightbulbs and needed minor plumbing maintenance in the bathroom.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
FrontDesk_GM, General Manager at Comfort Inn Plant City - Lakeland, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2018

Dear Alan,
We appreciate your valuable feedback about your visit with us. Please accept our apology that you did not have the stay you expected. We are also sorry that you were placed in a room with an unusual odor, but we are glad that you were quickly moved to one that better met your needs. Please accept our apology for the difficulty you experienced with the lamp lights. The lamp lights are controlled by the switch near the door. Our team is always here to help in any way we can. We have our maintenance team addressing the issues mentioned and would love to have another chance to provide you with the stay you had anticipated.