“Sparkling New Interior”

Fred's Southern Kitchen
Ranked #2 of 128 Restaurants in Plant City
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Fred's Market Restaurant serves up a special taste of farm-to-plate freshness, on our MarketTableTM. Our food is slowly cooked in a natural and unprocessed way, served in a cozy atmosphere full of warmth and fun. We don't compromise on quality or character whether it's the ingredients in our dishes or the attitudes of our people. It's southern comfort that's pure and hearty all the way to the core and it's all found at Fred's Market Restaurant.
Reviewed 5 October 2017

We go to Fred's for the Market Buffet Lunch about 4 times a year while we're in Florida for the winter. It's mostly a Tuesday since we're there for another activity. The fried chicken is just so absolutely good. I just wish there were more thighs and legs in the tray rather than so many breasts. Great selection of vegetables. Good fish, bbq and meatloaf. Salad bar and dessert bar. The only improvement would be to have different soups on different days and that the corn chowder is a little less thick.

Reviewed 3 October 2017

Love this place it is a buffet but they give you options, All you can eat, or you can order a small blue plate where you just go a one time trip to the buffet or you can also order off the menu all depends on how hungry you are.

Reviewed 3 October 2017

Good food and lots of it. The chicken was great. Country comfort food. The buffet had ton of options.

Reviewed 2 October 2017

My first visit and I was made aware of this place from a billboard on 4 West heading to Tampa from Orlando. After seeing the ad during a period of very high traffic, decided to pull off and try it. The restaurant is a few miles from the highway but well worth the extra minute or two because once inside - the service is friendly and fast, the food very good. I had the "one trip special", meaning you can go up to the buffet once for a salad, main dish and dessert. It was a very good deal, I think my total check was about $10. I loved the fried chicken, salad with very fresh ingredients and the strawberry shortcake. The restaurant is very clean and well maintained and most of the servers are friendly, helpful and seem to enjoy the place too. I even liked the traditional country music that was piped in on their music system. Had to return a week later on my way back to Orlando only this time, I made sure I was very hungry upon arrival. 2nd visit I also tried the pulled pork which was good too. Wasn't as enthusiastic about the 2nd server I had who kept calling me "babe" even though I'm old enough to be her grandmother....

Reviewed 2 October 2017

Came here for a Girlfriends' day out, to have Sunday dinner. What a great surprise with all the veggies!! The catfish, tilapia, and ribs were a bonus! I didn't care for the turkey and dressing nor the roast beef but there were so many other choices that we didn't mind. We got the full price buffet for $14.97 each and had 2 plates each, plus 5 desserts that we shared. It was worth it just to try so many! The Pecan Pie was my favorite, and the spice cake. Yum!! Didn't eat the rest of the day!
The help keep the buffet clean and fresh. A waiter was manning the dessert part which was a great help. Kayla was our waitress and she was a delight as well!
Take out is available. We ate and took our time which is what I would recommend so that you can try different things. Also, the decor is clean and wholesome. I enjoyed the Plant City location.
There were less expensive options to have only one plate of 3 course meal for $10.98 plus add ons like dessert for 99 cents, etc. We were wanting more on the desserts and ALL the veggies. Great Okra, green beans, mashed potatoes and gravy, sweet corn casserole, sweet potatoes as well as sweet potato casserole, rice, and dressing for the turkey. I ate most of these and had seconds. Love fresh veggies and would have ordered a vegies plate it it had been on the menu. Delicious!
Tip: Come hungry! ON Mon-Friday between 2-5 pm, your drink is free with the buffet.

Been to Fred's Southern Kitchen? Share your experiences!