“Loved Everything About this Restaurant!”

Fred's Southern Kitchen
Ranked #2 of 128 Restaurants in Plant City
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Fred's Market Restaurant serves up a special taste of farm-to-plate freshness, on our MarketTableTM. Our food is slowly cooked in a natural and unprocessed way, served in a cozy atmosphere full of warmth and fun. We don't compromise on quality or character whether it's the ingredients in our dishes or the attitudes of our people. It's southern comfort that's pure and hearty all the way to the core and it's all found at Fred's Market Restaurant.
Reviewed 2 October 2017

My first visit and I was made aware of this place from a billboard on 4 West heading to Tampa from Orlando. After seeing the ad during a period of very high traffic, decided to pull off and try it. The restaurant is a few miles from the highway but well worth the extra minute or two because once inside - the service is friendly and fast, the food very good. I had the "one trip special", meaning you can go up to the buffet once for a salad, main dish and dessert. It was a very good deal, I think my total check was about $10. I loved the fried chicken, salad with very fresh ingredients and the strawberry shortcake. The restaurant is very clean and well maintained and most of the servers are friendly, helpful and seem to enjoy the place too. I even liked the traditional country music that was piped in on their music system. Had to return a week later on my way back to Orlando only this time, I made sure I was very hungry upon arrival. 2nd visit I also tried the pulled pork which was good too. Wasn't as enthusiastic about the 2nd server I had who kept calling me "babe" even though I'm old enough to be her grandmother....

Reviewed 2 October 2017

Came here for a Girlfriends' day out, to have Sunday dinner. What a great surprise with all the veggies!! The catfish, tilapia, and ribs were a bonus! I didn't care for the turkey and dressing nor the roast beef but there were so many other choices that we didn't mind. We got the full price buffet for $14.97 each and had 2 plates each, plus 5 desserts that we shared. It was worth it just to try so many! The Pecan Pie was my favorite, and the spice cake. Yum!! Didn't eat the rest of the day!
The help keep the buffet clean and fresh. A waiter was manning the dessert part which was a great help. Kayla was our waitress and she was a delight as well!
Take out is available. We ate and took our time which is what I would recommend so that you can try different things. Also, the decor is clean and wholesome. I enjoyed the Plant City location.
There were less expensive options to have only one plate of 3 course meal for $10.98 plus add ons like dessert for 99 cents, etc. We were wanting more on the desserts and ALL the veggies. Great Okra, green beans, mashed potatoes and gravy, sweet corn casserole, sweet potatoes as well as sweet potato casserole, rice, and dressing for the turkey. I ate most of these and had seconds. Love fresh veggies and would have ordered a vegies plate it it had been on the menu. Delicious!
Tip: Come hungry! ON Mon-Friday between 2-5 pm, your drink is free with the buffet.

Reviewed 7 September 2017

I love these southern home cooking buffets. They make quality food and take care with their recipes. They do not have staff that throw out a bunch of poor low quality and flavorless food like Golden Coral. The place also has very high standards of cleanliness. We drive here and some of their other locations on special occasions from Pinellas County because we like them so much.

Reviewed 6 September 2017

We saw a billboard and were drawn in to check our Fred's and I it didn't disappoint. I am not a buffet person so I chose the yummy banana and pecan waffle. My husband made 4 trips to the buffet (out of character for him) and loved every minute of it. A late breakfast lasted him all day. Our server was so sweet and attentive. We will return!

Reviewed 5 September 2017 via mobile

Today my husband & I stopped at Fred's for lunch. Oh my goodness! They have big ole pots just full of wonderful southern food. Mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, rice, fried chicken, chicken pot pie, beef tips, ribs, black eyed peas, collards, green beans, corn casserole and more & more & more. We didn't even get to the salad bar but they have one. Desserts were pecan pie, bread pudding, peach cobbler, red velvet cake, strawberry shortcake, etc all with ice cream or whipped cream. I didn't eat one thing that wasn't tasty. Glad this place is miles from our house. Can't afford the calories to eat here often. Definitely will remember this meal for a long time. Took me right back to my grandma's Sunday dinners. Don't miss this place.

Been to Fred's Southern Kitchen? Share your experiences!