All reviews front desk yogurt great hotel nice room great staff county line road outdoor pool exercise room bacon first floor spent one night stayed nights wedding weekend business center would stay here again the breakfast area only drawback
Reviewed 25 March 2018

We enjoyed our stay here.
The rooms were clean and smelled fresh. The linens were crisp and the towels were fresh smelling as well.
At check in the front desk staff (Yousef) was little gruff with us and seemed put off by us however once we discussed that with him and explained that we were a guest he deeply and sincerely apologized to us. Not sure that is his typical behavior or not but we felt he did a great job with recovery.
Otherwise another great Marriott experience.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Allison F, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Lakeland Plant City, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2018

Dear Scott S,
I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and we hope to see you again in the future!

Reviewed 18 March 2018

Weary travelers is an accurate description of my son and me upon arriving at the Fairfield Inn. The front desk crew put us right at ease, and made us feel like Royalty. What a great start, thanks to Farah and Amy Kaiser. An excellent first impression!

The rooms are beautifully appointed. The colors, fabrics, furniture, fixtures, all were superior to other similar brands. What we experienced was far better than anticipated. Noticed other reviews commenting on street noise. We heard zero noise! Another key area is their pool. Yes, it is small, however, it is a pleasant retreat.

We will highly recommend the hotel, as the physical layout is inviting, but it is their personnel who made our stay a delight.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Allison F, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Lakeland Plant City, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2018

Dear Pineapples-a-Plenty,
First and foremost thank you for choosing to stay at the Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Lakeland Plant City! I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our property and look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 12 March 2018

This Fairfield Inn is poorly designed (cheap windows?) - traffic noise all night if you are facing Interstate-4 on the northeast (suite) side. When requesting to change rooms the next morning after little sleep, the morning manager obliged request and promised new room on southwest side later in afternoon.
The afternoon shift desk clerk was NOT very professional and claimed there was no room available, in spite of me being a Marriott Rewards member and having it "already arranged". Only insistence revealed a room was available, albeit plain room,(2-doubles, NOT a king suite), which I paid for. Manger refused any payment relief even though acknowledging highway noise is historically a problem there and I had paid for a suite for 2 nights.
BOTTOM LINE: INCONSIDERATE AND DISHONEST DESK CLERK; NOISY HOTEL - I will not stay here again nor recommend it to anyone.

Room Tip: VERY NOISY facing northeast towards highway I-4! Do not expect the mgr to be fair with pricing when offered a lesser quality room.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank sureshotf16
Allison F, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Lakeland Plant City, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2018

Dear sureshotf16,
Thank you for your honest review. I sincerely apologize for the noise issues you encountered on your first night and for the miscommunication about changing you to a new room. I am more than willing to refund the first night of your stay for you as I understand what a frustrating situation this was. If you can please email me at afyffe@shanercorp.com the details of your reservation I will refund the room rate for you.

Reviewed 12 March 2018 via mobile

Stayed one night and as usual, I had to call about the a/c. Turned it to 65 and the room got warmer???? Maintenance came and disabled the wall thermostat and I used the unit thermostat. Turned it down to 63. Still got hot. I was NOT 63 in the room. I sleep with it on 67 at home and am under a sheet and blanket. Here, I had to remove even the sheet. Rooms were not ready as usual so we get to drive all night then wait for our rooms before getting to bed. Just getting disappointed in Marriott.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Kirby P

Dear Kirby P,
First and foremost thank you for choosing to stay with the Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Plant City. I sincerely apologize for the issues you encountered with the air-conditioning in your room. I have my engineer investigating in order to ensure this does not happen again in the future. I am happy to see that we were able to check you in early at 11 AM, before our normal 3 PM arrival time. I hope you give us another chance the next time your travels bring you to the Plant City/Lakeland area.

Reviewed 8 March 2018 via mobile

I frequently stay at Marriott, but this one is below par. It’s located off the highway with only a couple of fast food places nearby. The room furniture is crowded into the space. The walls are very thin. The hotel overall feels not clean. My bathroom had a toilet brush in a cup left on the counter when I returned to the room at the end of the work day. And it is expensive relative to what you get.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank qmiller1
Allison F, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Lakeland Plant City, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2018

Dear qmiller1,
First and foremost I would like to thank you for choosing to stay at our property. We are located right off of I-4 and while we do only have a few fast food places in the immediate vicinity we do offer a complimentary shuttle that will take you to several shopping centers and eateries in Lakeland and Plant City! I do apologize that you felt the room was crowded and the hotel was not clean. I have brought this to the attention of my housekeeping manager so that this does not happen again. You may always reach out to me the next time your travels bring you to Plant City and I will be more than happy to make your reservation and restore your confidence in our hotel.