All reviews front desk yogurt great hotel nice room great staff county line road outdoor pool exercise room bacon first floor spent one night stayed nights wedding weekend business center would stay here again the breakfast area only drawback
Reviewed 12 March 2018 via mobile

Stayed one night and as usual, I had to call about the a/c. Turned it to 65 and the room got warmer???? Maintenance came and disabled the wall thermostat and I used the unit thermostat. Turned it down to 63. Still got hot. I was NOT 63 in the room. I sleep with it on 67 at home and am under a sheet and blanket. Here, I had to remove even the sheet. Rooms were not ready as usual so we get to drive all night then wait for our rooms before getting to bed. Just getting disappointed in Marriott.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Kirby P
Allison F, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Lakeland Plant City, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2018

Dear Kirby P,
First and foremost thank you for choosing to stay with the Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Plant City. I sincerely apologize for the issues you encountered with the air-conditioning in your room. I have my engineer investigating in order to ensure this does not happen again in the future. I am happy to see that we were able to check you in early at 11 AM, before our normal 3 PM arrival time. I hope you give us another chance the next time your travels bring you to the Plant City/Lakeland area.

Reviewed 8 March 2018 via mobile

I frequently stay at Marriott, but this one is below par. It’s located off the highway with only a couple of fast food places nearby. The room furniture is crowded into the space. The walls are very thin. The hotel overall feels not clean. My bathroom had a toilet brush in a cup left on the counter when I returned to the room at the end of the work day. And it is expensive relative to what you get.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank qmiller1
Allison F, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Lakeland Plant City, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2018

Dear qmiller1,
First and foremost I would like to thank you for choosing to stay at our property. We are located right off of I-4 and while we do only have a few fast food places in the immediate vicinity we do offer a complimentary shuttle that will take you to several shopping centers and eateries in Lakeland and Plant City! I do apologize that you felt the room was crowded and the hotel was not clean. I have brought this to the attention of my housekeeping manager so that this does not happen again. You may always reach out to me the next time your travels bring you to Plant City and I will be more than happy to make your reservation and restore your confidence in our hotel.

Reviewed 10 February 2018

Highlights: Front desk clerk was courteous and helpful. Hotel is next to I4 and typical of the quick overnight hotel one might expect. It is not geared to a business traveler. The train came through blowing its horn twice in the middle of the night.

Other Notables but not deal breakers: Room furnishings were awkward (chair jammed between the bed and wall) and uncomfortable. Breakfast wasn't available until 630, may not be a big deal for some. Only fast food in the immediate area. Needs to travel several exits to get dinner.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank mitchellsmom921
Allison F, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Lakeland Plant City, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2018

Dear mitchellsmom921,

First and foremost I would like to thank you for choosing to stay at the Fairfield Inn & Suites during your travels to Plant City. I am happy to hear your kind words about our front desk staff and will be sure to pass them along. I apologize your the issues you encountered with noise and the lack of restaurants in our immediate area, I understand how frustrating it must have been. We are happy to provide our hotel shuttle to our guests so that they may venture into Plant City or Lakeland for great local restaurants and shopping. We hope to see you the next time your travels bring you to the Plant City area!

Reviewed 31 December 2017

Spent one night before a wedding at Streamsong Resort.
Clean hotel. Room with queen size bed plus pullout couch.
Free breakfast included. Eggs, 2 types of bacon, fruit, waffle grill, mini omelette,cereal,
yogurt, beverages. Served from 6:30 am - 10:30 am. Nice lobby area with business center. Outdoor pool. Would stay here again.

Room Tip: Become a Marriott Rewards Member
Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Allison F, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Lakeland Plant City, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2018

Dear sassygirl59,
Thank you for your review of the Fairfield Inn & Suites Lakeland Plant City! I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and were able to take advantage of our complimentary hot breakfast. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed 27 December 2017

We needed a hotel that provided the convenience of home and this is exactly what we found! The front desk staff were excellent - so friendly, patient, polite and genuinely helpful. They provided us with lots of information about the area, found solutions for printing and safekeeping needs, assisted with a last minute package delivery (thank you so much!), and had a convenient shuttle service to the neighbouring area. Our stay here will be memorable for all the fun conversations we had with you - it was like being at a bed and breakfast rather than a hotel!

The breakfast was tasty and the seating area was quiet during the day and available to do work (lots of plug ins). The suite we stayed in was spacious, clean, properly lit and had comfortable beds. And they provide shampoo and conditioner that works. We also really liked the location between Plant City and Lakeland at a nice exit which was not very commercial.

The staff here genuinely make you feel like customers come first. If we visit the area again, we will definitely stay at Fairfield Inn & Suites Lakeland Plant City.

Room Tip: Suites are spacious and nicely laid out. Very comfortable.
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
Allison F, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Lakeland Plant City, responded to this reviewResponded 29 December 2017

Dear ZeynepCalgary,
I am thrilled to hear that you had such a great stay with us at the Fairfield Inn & Suites Lakeland Plant City! We pride ourselves on striving for excellence and I am glad that our staff and our amenities made your time here enjoyable and comfortable. We look forward to seeing you again soon!