“Do you really need Hollandaise Sauce on your Oysters Rockerfeller?”
Review of Rosie's Clam Shack - CLOSED

Rosie's Clam Shack
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch
Reviewed 3 August 2014

If you said no, get yourself in here! FRESHLY shucked oysters layered with bacon, fresh spinach and parm shavings. I didn't realize how noisy I was eating these delights until my husband commented that "I was getting a little loud". Sorry, babe--it just happened! Talk about a happy mouth!

My beloved had the Captain's Platter and just as others have said, yowser! Whole belly clams, scallops, fish, oysters and shrimp lightly dusted with a wonderful fry mix and perfectly fried. Ignore the French fries, go for the homemade onion rings.

Don't go to this place if you're looking for a window with a Gulf view--it's located in a strip mall 15.1 miles from the Gulf. Go for the food! By the way, still family owned (Dad and Daughter) after 30 years.

2  Thank Beck4848

Reviewed 30 July 2014

If you're from New England and longing for some great fried whole belly clams
This is the place! My husband grew up in MA and he said these were as good as
any he had back home. Perfect light breading, huge portion and delicious. It was his birthday and
we had a great time...My lobster role was perfect...prices reasonable.

2  Thank MylesMunroe
Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

I was surprised that the inside looked so run down and the place just looked like it was almost ready to throw in the towel. The fried clams were not special in fact they tasted like they were fried in stale oil.

2  Thank FloridaView
Reviewed 29 May 2014

There are better places to seek your seafood in Pinellas County, this "joint" has been there for years but lack atmosphere and charm

3  Thank thekegler
Reviewed 14 April 2014

I've been eating here for 3 decades but the dining room is dirty and smelly. Badly in need of a cleaning and updated resturant.
when I went in the first thing I saw was an empty lobster tank with cloudy and dirty water in it. There was an old lingering odor in the room that got stuck to my clothes for the night. I wasn't the only one that noticed the upkeep issues. they didn't even have proper napkins. The enjoy windows were dirty and the blinds were broken. I love the food here and hope they get it together.
But the food is great and priced right.

3  Thank sokemike