Purple Parrot Village Resort
Perdido Beach Resort(Orange Beach)
USD 343*
USD 354*
BestWestern.com
USD 232*
USD 216*
Fairfield Inn & Suites Orange Beach(Orange Beach)(Great Value!)
USD 214*
Perdido Sun(Perdido Key)
Hotels.com
Indigo Condominiums(Perdido Key)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsjohnson beachoutdoor poolshort drivemuch nicernational seashorea great place to staywasher and dryerlate augusttiki bar was closedfitness roomhalf bathfull sizeorange beachclose proximitypalm treesthe grillsleeper sofa
Reviewed 8 March 2011

we rented directly from an owner and loved this place. It was too cold to swim in the outdoor pool but it was beautiful. We especially loved the Tiki Bar and grill. We enjoyed ringing in the new year with "snowbirds" and locals alike in the friendly little bar with great music. We were able to walk back to our lovely little two bedroom cottage without having to get behind the wheel. Only minutes from the beach, you can hear the ocean waves from your porch. We will definitely return for our summer vacation this year and cant wait to use the outdoor pool and sip frozen drinks poolside from the Tiki Bar when we are not sunning on the beach.

Stayed: January 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 November 2010

Very pleased. Nice place to stay & vacation. Everything was handled nicely. Rooms nice, clean. Enjoyed the indoor /outdoor pool area, weather was perfect! Yes I would go back.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 September 2010

Me and my family stayed at the purple parrot for the weekend in august.The overall experience was pretty good. The condo we stayed at was very nice and we rented through a owner not the company. The outdoor pool is out of this world! We spent the whole weekend swimming away relaxing under the waterfall, chilling in the hottub. The condo we rented was steps away from the pool and bar area so we sat on our porch and listened to the bands play at night. The people can get pretty drunk and loud if you have kids you might want to get a condo in the back. Theres just a couple things bad i could say about the purple parrot....First was when we arrived at the condo we drove past the office and we werent sure where exactly our condo was located so we drove slow.. We noticed a man (a employee) standing outside watching us. We found the condo which was around the corner and down a little bit and parked and started towards our condo. We then noticed that the man had followed us (walking) and began looking at our parking passes in my car and my moms car.(we had print out one's since our renter lives out of town) which he kept walking back and forth looking. I just found it rude. I know they keep track of who comes and goes but really!! you follow us just to look...Well we let that go then later the same day me and my husband walked over to the indoor pool where once again the same man was staring at us like we shouldnt be there....He even made it a point to walk in and check on us for what reason i have no idea. We had our wristband and i didnt see the problem. In my opinion i just felt almost harassed. Like we wanted to relax and enjoy the weekend we paid for and the guy just made it uncomfortable. Next is the condo was on the bottom floor and you could hear every single foot step from the top floor. Very noisy at night. Other than that i enjoyed my vacation and will return!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 July 2010

We booked our stay at the Purple Parrot back in February. We had a large group with us, 9 villas were booked. We were told that we could bring our ice chest in as long as the bar wasn’t open. I called again in June to make sure that this rule hasn’t changed and I was told that the Tiki Bar was closed. Now, understand that we were here for a baseball World Series. We checked in on Sunday. Everyone was so impressed at the place. Every villa was decorated differently, each so cute. Looked to be a little piece of Paradise! They only problem we saw right off was a sign at the front gate that said "OPEN TO PUBLIC!" Which worried us, because we thought this was a gated community.
As the night went on we saw people from the outside come into the pool and bar area. We had a large group of kids with us playing baseball in the pool. The people in the bar area, told them they need to be quite and that they were being too loud! Isn’t that what kids do in a pool? Play? Then we find out the Tiki Bar has a new owner. His way of addressing us was Rude and Unprofessional. Of course not realizing that we could not bring drinks from our rooms which were only steps away. He came over to us with a nasty attitude telling us, “You can’t have ice chest on the pool deck!" So the mom that had the ice chest poured her drink into a cup and went to move the ice chest outside. He then said, "You can’t bring outside drinks to the pool area!" We were never told that I could walk from my villa to the poolside with drink in my hand because it wasn’t purchased from the bar! But, to try and keep the peace we decided to go to the bar and buy a drink to maybe make him happy. Next thing we know the Lady Manager comes over and tells us we are being bleating disrespectful and not following the rules. I asked, "What rules?" She tells me that we are still bringing outside drinks inside. I said, "I just left your bar and bought this drink!!" She told us we were going to have to leave if we didn’t buy all of our drinks from the bar. A short time later another guy comes over from the bar and tells us he has to lock up the pool. We told him no problem we were leaving anyway. He then tells us, "We are not going to have any more problems, right?" Like we are children! Our ages range from 30-50 not, kids! I have never been to a condo/hotel/villa that you couldn’t make a drink inside your place and bring it to the poolside! If this was told up front we would have been prepared for this.
As a group we went to the front office and addressed this problem with JD. He was very nice and helpful. He spent most of his day on the phone the board members of Purple Parrott and the bar owner trying to come to some agreement. The Bar owner was very unhelpful...
We were all ready to leave. We hated to have all of those property owners out of this money because of the way we were treated by the Tiki Bar. We didn’t come here because of the Tiki Bar.
Monday by the pool, they would constantly come over and ask the same people over and over if they had their armbands. So, you felt harassed almost. But, the people that would come in from the outside would have free range of the complex. Even if our room was just steps from the pool we still have to lock up everything! Isn't that why we were staying in a gated community so, we would know who was there?
By Wednesday they lost they liquor licenses and gave away free beer and wine. Thursday rules were changed again!
The complex was really nice. The manger JD was great! The Tiki Bar, we will not come back. I think if the owners of the Purple Parrot really know how people were treated they would make sure things would be changed!
Sorry to say, but we will not come back! We cancelled 6 reservations for August because of this!

• Stayed: July 2010
6  Thank jabbg4
Reviewed 2 July 2010

We booked Slow Mo for four nights at the end of June just one week prior to staying there. We were offered the "fill in the gaps" discount without even asking. Leah was the person that I spoke to to make our reservations. She was friendly, informative and very polite. It didn't matter much to us because we were visiting family, but I wish she would have mentioned that the Tiki Bar would be closed for the duration of our stay for repairs.

Since we expected to arrive after 5pm when the office would be closed, we called on the Sunday of our arrival to arrange for our condo key to be placed in a lockbox. We were given a code and easily retrieved the key when we arrived. This condo offers convenient access to the pool, but is far enough away to still be peaceful.

The condo is decorated beautifully. We loved the beach themed decor and the color scheme. There were beachy art treasures throughout the house. The size was perfect for my husband and I and our ten year old daughter. There were two large flat screen tv's, one in the living room and one in the bedroom. There were a million channels, so it was easy to find something to watch. I'm a stickler for cleanliness and was pleased to see that the place was spotless. We didn't make much use of the kitchen facilities but it had everything we needed. We stopped at the Winn Dixie about a mile up the street to get breakfast food, coffee, paper products and laundry detergent. It was a blessing to have a washer and dryer in the condo as we were just returning from a seven day exotic Western Caribbean cruise. I was able to wash most of our clothes, so I won't return home to mountains of laundry before work.

My only suggestions would be to have a full length mirror installed in the bedroom behind the door, have a laundry basket in the condo and change the time of the waste pick-up. On both Monday and Thursday mornings I was woke up at 7am by either a garbage our recycling truck noisily picking up the resort's trash.

My husband met JD, the front office manager, and said that he was extremely nice and very accomodating.

It was a special treat to read and drink coffee on the screened in porch. I didn't get bit up by bugs and i got to listen to the raindrops while staying dry. It was nice to have free wi-fi access. We easily connected our laptop to it with no problems. The weather during our stay was mostly rainy, but one morning it let up a bit long enough to take advantage of the pool. For nearly an hour we were the only folks swimming. The waterfall was closed for repairs, so we didn't get to enjoy that. :(

Having a downstairs unit was ideal. We parked our car right in front of our condo most nights under a large overhead light. We don't pack lightly, so we appreciated the short walk to carry in the luggage. I can't imagine having to lug our stuff to an upper level unit! We could hear the upstairs neighbors walking around, it was similar to what you'd hear in an apartment.

The location is ideal. We would definitely stay hear again. One night we ate at The Original Point restaurant, one afternoon we drove over to the outlet mall in Foley and ate at Lambert's restaurant and one night we drove over to Penscola Beach and had dinner at Peg Leg Pete's. All meals were delicious, especially the seafood.

We visited the beach at Perdido Key and the Pensacola Beach. Both beaches had some oil on them, but there was no smell. We did not swim. Seeing the oil removal workers was heartbreaking. One night we saw big pieces of CAT equipment on the beach and workers preparing to scour for oil. Their machinery had red headlights rather than white headlights, to avoid distribing the sea turtles who had been seen laying eggs the night before. Several news stations were reporting about the oil disaster when we were at Pensacola Beach and we saw FL Gov Crist being interviewed by CNN. Regardless of the oil there is still numerous things to do in this area and the prices and crowds are much less than normal this time of year.

Please support the gulf coast!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family