“Better than CALGON!!!!”

Purple Parrot Village Resort
Laurel, Mississippi
“Better than CALGON!!!!”
Reviewed 25 March 2011

The MINUTE I drove through the gate I was IMMEDIATELY de-stressed!! The office was so very helpful and accomodating!! "NO PROBLEM" is the unit we've used and it's FULLY supplied with anything you could need or want. Beautifully decorated as well! I would come back in a second and no doubt will be visiting again soon!!!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Countess531

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Gonzales, LA
Reviewed 8 March 2011

we rented directly from an owner and loved this place. It was too cold to swim in the outdoor pool but it was beautiful. We especially loved the Tiki Bar and grill. We enjoyed ringing in the new year with "snowbirds" and locals alike in the friendly little bar with great music. We were able to walk back to our lovely little two bedroom cottage without having to get behind the wheel. Only minutes from the beach, you can hear the ocean waves from your porch. We will definitely return for our summer vacation this year and cant wait to use the outdoor pool and sip frozen drinks poolside from the Tiki Bar when we are not sunning on the beach.

Stayed January 2011, travelled with friends
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 3 November 2010

Very pleased. Nice place to stay & vacation. Everything was handled nicely. Rooms nice, clean. Enjoyed the indoor /outdoor pool area, weather was perfect! Yes I would go back.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with friends
Pensacola, Florida
Reviewed 21 September 2010

Me and my family stayed at the purple parrot for the weekend in august.The overall experience was pretty good. The condo we stayed at was very nice and we rented through a owner not the company. The outdoor pool is out of this world! We spent the whole weekend swimming away relaxing under the waterfall, chilling in the hottub. The condo we rented was steps away from the pool and bar area so we sat on our porch and listened to the bands play at night. The people can get pretty drunk and loud if you have kids you might want to get a condo in the back. Theres just a couple things bad i could say about the purple parrot....First was when we arrived at the condo we drove past the office and we werent sure where exactly our condo was located so we drove slow.. We noticed a man (a employee) standing outside watching us. We found the condo which was around the corner and down a little bit and parked and started towards our condo. We then noticed that the man had followed us (walking) and began looking at our parking passes in my car and my moms car.(we had print out one's since our renter lives out of town) which he kept walking back and forth looking. I just found it rude. I know they keep track of who comes and goes but really!! you follow us just to look...Well we let that go then later the same day me and my husband walked over to the indoor pool where once again the same man was staring at us like we shouldnt be there....He even made it a point to walk in and check on us for what reason i have no idea. We had our wristband and i didnt see the problem. In my opinion i just felt almost harassed. Like we wanted to relax and enjoy the weekend we paid for and the guy just made it uncomfortable. Next is the condo was on the bottom floor and you could hear every single foot step from the top floor. Very noisy at night. Other than that i enjoyed my vacation and will return!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
Zachary, Louisiana
Reviewed 19 July 2010

We booked our stay at the Purple Parrot back in February. We had a large group with us, 9 villas were booked. We were told that we could bring our ice chest in as long as the bar wasn’t open. I called again in June to make sure that this rule hasn’t changed and I was told that the Tiki Bar was closed. Now, understand that we were here for a baseball World Series. We checked in on Sunday. Everyone was so impressed at the place. Every villa was decorated differently, each so cute. Looked to be a little piece of Paradise! They only problem we saw right off was a sign at the front gate that said "OPEN TO PUBLIC!" Which worried us, because we thought this was a gated community.
As the night went on we saw people from the outside come into the pool and bar area. We had a large group of kids with us playing baseball in the pool. The people in the bar area, told them they need to be quite and that they were being too loud! Isn’t that what kids do in a pool? Play? Then we find out the Tiki Bar has a new owner. His way of addressing us was Rude and Unprofessional. Of course not realizing that we could not bring drinks from our rooms which were only steps away. He came over to us with a nasty attitude telling us, “You can’t have ice chest on the pool deck!" So the mom that had the ice chest poured her drink into a cup and went to move the ice chest outside. He then said, "You can’t bring outside drinks to the pool area!" We were never told that I could walk from my villa to the poolside with drink in my hand because it wasn’t purchased from the bar! But, to try and keep the peace we decided to go to the bar and buy a drink to maybe make him happy. Next thing we know the Lady Manager comes over and tells us we are being bleating disrespectful and not following the rules. I asked, "What rules?" She tells me that we are still bringing outside drinks inside. I said, "I just left your bar and bought this drink!!" She told us we were going to have to leave if we didn’t buy all of our drinks from the bar. A short time later another guy comes over from the bar and tells us he has to lock up the pool. We told him no problem we were leaving anyway. He then tells us, "We are not going to have any more problems, right?" Like we are children! Our ages range from 30-50 not, kids! I have never been to a condo/hotel/villa that you couldn’t make a drink inside your place and bring it to the poolside! If this was told up front we would have been prepared for this.
As a group we went to the front office and addressed this problem with JD. He was very nice and helpful. He spent most of his day on the phone the board members of Purple Parrott and the bar owner trying to come to some agreement. The Bar owner was very unhelpful...
We were all ready to leave. We hated to have all of those property owners out of this money because of the way we were treated by the Tiki Bar. We didn’t come here because of the Tiki Bar.
Monday by the pool, they would constantly come over and ask the same people over and over if they had their armbands. So, you felt harassed almost. But, the people that would come in from the outside would have free range of the complex. Even if our room was just steps from the pool we still have to lock up everything! Isn't that why we were staying in a gated community so, we would know who was there?
By Wednesday they lost they liquor licenses and gave away free beer and wine. Thursday rules were changed again!
The complex was really nice. The manger JD was great! The Tiki Bar, we will not come back. I think if the owners of the Purple Parrot really know how people were treated they would make sure things would be changed!
Sorry to say, but we will not come back! We cancelled 6 reservations for August because of this!

• Stayed July 2010
20.4 km away
Sugar Beach
Sugar Beach
#15 of 20 in Orange Beach

Been to Purple Parrot Village Resort? Share your experiences!