“Downhill Saving”

Newk's Eatery
Ranked #44 of 723 Restaurants in Pensacola
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 11 November 2017 via mobile

We typically come here 3 times a week for lunch or dinner and order the same thing each time. It's definitely our favorite hotspot for food. Tonight was a different story. Last time I came in, my bread was hard as a rock but I didn't complain because sometimes things like that just happen. So this time, I came in, we ordered our food and I just mentioned to the cashier about them possibly not ocer toasting the bread. She was very polite and things were good. Paid, got our cups and went to get our drink. As we were standing there, filling up our drinks, the employees got the ticket for the order and things went south. Mind you, I'm still standing there and the employees said "some a**hole just ordered a sandwich with fresh bread" and continued to say inappropriate things along with jokes followed by laughter. MIND YOU, I'M STANDING RIGHT THERE! I went back to the register and asked for a manager. Erin came out and talked to me and seemed really displeased with her employees behavior after we talked for a minute. She handled the situation pretty well and made sure to do the appropriate manager things when it came to us being guests. She's the reason why I'm giving so many stars. Other wise it would have been a lower review. To the CHILDREN working in the back, break room talk stays in the break room. Not in the front and in front of customers. People have picky request sometimes. It happens. I'm sure you've made one or two before in your life.

Anyways, thanks Erin. I really appreciate your help this evening and thanks for supervising while they made our food.

Reviewed 30 September 2017 via mobile

Nice variety of sandwiches, salads, and pizza. We all had salads and I was the only one that was able to finish a salad. My shrimp avocado salad was smaller than theirs, but it was full of shrimp and was very satisfying. They had the Cobb and the Ultimate and they came in huge bowls. Newks also has complimentary toppings you could add to your salad. Pizza looked really good... maybe next time?

Reviewed 31 August 2017

Some people love this place, I would go once or twice a year. I do have to say I tried their Black & Bleu Salad and it was amazing! So much I couldn't finish it. Everyone in our party seemed happy except one. They said their meat pizza was too greasy to eat. I love the extras like croutons for my salad and parm cheese! Great buy one get one special til Sept 15 if you print a coupon offline.

Reviewed 13 August 2017

Stopped here at nearly 630pm on a Tuesday evening and it was empty! This restaurant is in the outer parking area of Cordova Mall.
I ordered the BBQ pizza. It had ample toppings, but the crust was just blah and not good at all.

Reviewed 10 July 2017

The salads here are fresh and huge!! Love going here for lunch!! They have a condiment bar in the center w/ breadsticks, capers, roasted garlic (yum!!), pepper-chinies, and crackers. Employees are always friendly and helpful! If you haven't made time to check them out, please do!

1  Thank sara p