“Poor Service”

Applebee's
Ranked #289 of 712 Restaurants in Pensacola
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Mexican
Reviewed 20 August 2016

The service, server and manager all gave us poor service at this restaurant. Order the Crispy Chicken Salad and Steak Salad. Our waitress, Madison C, did not ask how I wanted the steak cooked. When our order came, the steak was well done and tough. The dressing on the salad was almost non-existent. The Chicken salad arrived without chicken. We asked to see the manager, as our waitress had disappeared. She did apologize and bring out the chicken, however, we had to ask for some compensation for waiting on the chicken. Madison C, our waitress, then appeared and said oh I guess the kitchen forgot to put the chicken on your salad. She briefly stopped at the table and mumbled something about dessert and left quickly.

Then when the bill came, it was the wrong bill. We again had to ask to see the manager again. Madison went into the kitchen and we could clearly see her mocking us as she spoke with the manager. The manager then came out. We told her there are some training issues here. No response from her. Madison then brought us out our correct bill and said I gave you the wrong bill. No apology, no responsibility for her actions.
Do not go to this Applebee's. We have had great experiences with other Applebees restaurants.

3  Thank Laurie148

Reviewed 18 August 2016 via mobile

Waited almost 10 minutes for drinks, got apps and finished it [siracha shrimp] and waited another 15 minutes after finishing our apps before the server took our entree order. I ordered a sirloin medium rare and my date had the grilled chicken with shrimp. Upon getting our food, the server asked me to cut into my steak and it was medium well... my date and I had already been there an hour and had to be somewhere else in 45 minutes, we had alotted ourselves 2 hours for dinner so we weren't in a rush but didn't have another hour to dedicate to waiting on a medium rare steak that should've taken 15 minutes, given cook and plate time. The servers response was 'sorry'. We didn't see her until we were done with our meals. She had 4 other tables, 2 of which were 6 top and 2 that were couples. The manager came over to ask if everything tasted ok, I said it was alright but I had asked for a medium rare steak and I received medium well, she said she would take a little off the bill. When the server handed us our checks, she seemed offended that I had spoken to the manager and stated she would have taken 10% off herself. It wasn't terribly busy in there and the food and service were below average. My date and I will not be returning nor would we recommend this location to our family or friends.

1  Thank Leslie E
Reviewed 11 August 2016 via mobile

My son and I went here for mommy son date night. He got the lemon chicken plate and I got the all-American burger with fries. The burger is one of the best burgers I've had in a while. It was well presented on the plate, the bun was nicely buttered/toasted and the burger was cooked to perfection.

I was impressed by the flavor of the burger and a great charbroil flavor that it had.

There was only two of us so we sat at the bar where we receive free fresh chips and salsa.

Our bartender is one of the best waitstaff we've had any restaurant. He was very attentive, quick and I'm sure we had everything we needed through our entire meal.

I would highly recommend this Applebee's. They have a wide selection of food that will suit every pallet.

Wheelchair/stroller assessable, good parking and fairly easy/quick to get seated.

Reviewed 13 July 2016

Party of 4, dined for lunch. I had the Crispy Brewhouse Chicken. The chicken breast was tough and rubbery, kind of tasteless. Had a few onion rings on top. Served over masheId potatoes (tasted like real potatoes) and a brown gravy that gets a passing mark. Would not order this again but would try something else. Also had a appetizer the Grilled Chicken Wonton Tacos. Four tacos in order, pretty good, would order again. Everyone liked the chicken wing appetizer but too messy for me. The French Onion soup served was not attractive, not much cheese, didn't really look appetizing but didn't try it. The macaroni and cheese was pretty bad, I thought. This is apparently a "training store" for Appleby employees so one would expect to get the best Applebee's has to offer. The service was very good by Trey. Won't go back unless I am taken there as a guest.

1  Thank William C
Reviewed 17 June 2016 via mobile

First and foremost this is a extremely up to date and remodeled Applebee's. The interior of the restaurant is nice and the service was pretty good. Menu has a decent variety and is reasonably priced. This location could use a couple of more tvs if they wanted to attract the customers to watch sporting events but overall pretty good.