“Love the crab claws”

Coach-N-Four Steakhouse
Ranked #233 of 738 Restaurants in Pensacola
Cuisines: Seafood
Description: Casual family steakhouse. Serving hand cut choice or better beef. Rib eyes, strip loins ,tenderloin, half-pound burgers and certified Angus porterhouse.
Reviewed 16 June 2018

We have been coming here for decades, and stuck with them through the ups and downs of changing owners. In general, they still beat the chain steak houses. The absolute number one thing they do there, is the crab claws. We get them every time and no one in Pensacola area beats them. Places on the Key try with frozen unseasoned variations that suck. Their claws actually beat everyone on Pensacola Beach including Peg Legs which is the best local seafood restaurant we have.
If you just want to eat a great steak with all the fixins you want, come to this place. Still my goto steak place after all these years.

Reviewed 11 May 2018 via mobile

First we get seated next to the kitchen, the floors are so bad when the waitress walks by the floor and tables shake, it is very dark in there I suspect it's so you can't see what you are eating! We order filet mignon cooked medium well meaning just pink in the center, with fries mine came with a salad, if thats what you can call it. The salad is this small bowl with some lettuce. I ordered the filet minus the "secret "sauce mainly because the waitress refused to tell me what it was, I think she thought I was going to steal the recipe (no thank you). Our steaks come out and mine had the "secret" sauce on it, so she took it away and left the soggy fries. Now my husband is trying to eat his filet and it looks like a semi truck drove over it a few hundred times. Disgusting. Meanwhile no manager to apologize for my steak mess up, and then she brings mine out I almost Gagged! It was a dried up tuff piece of Meat! And to add to this we just wanted to get out of there asked for the check and she gives us some other tables check for alot more! She says she voided our card, waiting for our statement. And to add insult to injury they where having a special military discount, my husband was wearing his Air Force shirt and hat and she says I wish you told me you were in the service I would have given you a discount!
We will never go back there we actually went back to our hotel and told them not to send anyone there! The food is that bad!!!

Reviewed 3 April 2018

I really wanted to like this restaurant. I mean, who doesn't want to support a local establishment that has been around for as long as this one (since 1979!). I was hoping that the low ratings and poor reviews were flukes. However, our experience seemed to follow along the same lines as the others.

We arrived around 6:30 in the evening on a Tuesday, and upon entry, this place was cold. Not cool, but cold! There was no music, and with only two other tables having guests, the restaurant had a weird vibe. Not a great start.

Our waitress was inviting and attentive and took our orders almost immediately. We chose not to have any alcoholic drinks at this time, and instead ordered water. She thought to ask if we wanted lemons. We did not, so we were very appreciative of her question. She continued this attentive service throughout the meal and if we could rate the restaurant based on her service, it would be a 5 out of 5.

We chose to get the "Mud Bugs" appetizer (beer battered and fried crawfish tails). These were delicious. They were light with a mild flavor and tasted great with both the tartar sauce and the cocktail sauce. At this point, we were excited about ordering since the appetizer had come out so nicely.

I ordered the New York Strip (Medium Rare) with a side salad and baked potato. My husband ordered the 8 oz sirloin (also Medium Rare) with a side salad and steak fries. While we were waiting on our steaks, the server brought out bread rolls and our salads. The rolls were good, not great, but good. The salad was pretty basic, seemed like publix pre-mix with finely shredded carrots. Loved the bleu cheese dressing though! Very thick and lots of flavor.

It wasn't too long before our steaks and hot sides came out. My potato was baked well without issue. My husband's steak fries were pale and soggy. Not crispy at all. We were really hoping the steaks would make up for the sides. However, this was not the case. Both steaks were marked with "Medium Rare" picks, but as soon as we cut in, we saw that the steaks were medium well to well done. Not impressed. In addition to being incorrectly cooked, the texture was also off. I'm pretty sure these were not fresh, but previously frozen, as another reviewer had also mentioned. We opted not to complain as that really isn't our style, but instead reviewed that which we were given.

We opted not to order dessert.

Sadly, despite the good appetizer, sauces, and service from our server, I doubt we will be coming back. I believe that if a place is calling itself a "steakhouse," they better be putting out some great steaks. Hopefully, this restaurant will do something to get out of this rut, because I don't see this place lasting much longer, and it will be sad to see an old legend go off to the wayside.

Some suggestions:
* Music or something lively. The quiet made this restaurant seem sad and sterile. I missed hearing music and the chatter of happy guests.
* House-made salad, not bagged. Something that would help show off the great dressings.
* Steaks... please don't freeze your meat. Us carnivores can tell the difference for sure, And educate your chefs on how soon to take the steaks off the grill. Expecting a tender medium rare to medium steak that is instead nearly well cooked makes meat eaters sad. :(
* Our server, wish I knew her name - give this lady a raise! She was doing everything to get us to come back. She let us know about upcoming events and asked for us to return, she let us know about your military discount... her effort was not unseen.

Reviewed 24 February 2018

I used to live in Pensacola and recently moved back. I was not thrilled with this restaurant as they have a tendency to marinate meat which I hate. I see on their website hey are still employing canned vegetables (the green beans). I may attempt to go there again but once burned!!

Reviewed 28 December 2017 via mobile

Went with the family after Christmas as my Kim really likes it. She had the filet and said it was excellent. I had the rib eye that was cooked correctly but it was dry and. Little tough. My son had the glazed chicken and he said it was tough. The baked potatoes were huge but remember they charge $1 for bacon bits and $1 for grated cheese on each and every potatoe you want them added to.

It is loud also. Since there are no rugs or anything to absorb sound everyone’s voices just echo everywhere.

I really wanted to like it since it has been great other times just tonight wasn’t.

Donna G, Owner at Coach-N-Four Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2018

Dear Guest,
I wanted to thank you for taking the time to review our establishment. This is one of the best ways for us to know what areas we are doing great in as well as what areas we need to work on. We will do our best to ensure that the issue with your chicken is handled within the kitchen. As for the charges for the potato toppings, when we have our next meeting, we will look at this area as well.
I hope you will dine with us in the future, and if so, would like to send you a gift card, so that if you do dine with us again, we can cover a few drinks or maybe an appetizer for you. If this is something you would like, please e-mail me directly at coachnfour@gmail.com for more information.
Again, thanks for taking the time to review us, and I hope to see you again soon.
My name is Taylor and I am the acting manager at this time.