“Blue angels a must”

National Naval Aviation Museum
Ranked #1 of 119 things to do in Pensacola
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Experience the magic of flight at the National Naval Aviation Museum! See over 4,000 artifacts and 150 aircraft representing Navy, Marine Corps and Coast Guard Aviation. Ride the flight simulators or catch all the drama and power of amazing IMAX films. Dine in the authentic Cubi Bar Cafe and take home the spirit of Naval Aviation with a unique memento from the Flight Deck Store. Spend a cool day inside the Museum and experience Hands-on-History! New Naval Air Station Entrance: All visitors to the National Naval Aviation Museum, Fort Barrancas and Pensacola Lighthouse who do not possess a Department of Defense identification card or are unescorted by the holder of a Department of Defense identification card, will be required to enter the installation via the West Gate located off Blue Angel Parkway.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Stairs / lift, Activities for older children, Wheelchair access
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

We visited the naval aviation museum which is free to the public. They offer free tours with a ton of e,citing historical planes, speacecrafts, uniforms, etc. They offer a place to watch the Blue Angels fly. It gets very crowded but is an amazing show for free as well.

Write a ReviewReviews (5,618)
All reviews
in 774 reviews
"practice"
in 311 reviews

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

I visited the Naval Air Museum with three of my cousins — we’re in our 50s and 60s, all with different backgrounds and life experiences. We all agreed that the museum was really great. We decided shortly after arriving to take a tour. Our guide was a former Navy pilot. He was extremely knowledgeable — congenial, interesting, and entertaining, too! I think I could have spent at least another full day at the museum; there’s so much to see and learn! I know I’ll visit again next year when I’m in the area. No doubt about it.

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Went to the air museum to stay away from the beach a day. It was a welcomed diversion. Looking online we found the Blue Angels would be practicing, so we planned our visit to see the show. The museum has an amazing collection of aircraft from the early 1900’s to the 2000’s. Extensive doesn’t do it justice. If you can name the plane and the navy or Marines flew it, it’s probably here. There were many cockpits that my 8 year old loved climbing into. The museum also has replicas from the space program, an art collection, scale model carriers, LTA’s, and smithsonian quality displays of POW life, WW2 America and military camp, etc. there are several simulators to try and a large theatre. You can easily spend a day.
The highlight was the Blue Angels practicing. I could write paragraphs on that as well. If you are going to visit, try to time it to their schedule. It’s well worth it.

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

My husband and I heard about this free museum at the visitor’s center. We were pleasantly surprised by how much there is to see, and the knowledge of the tour guide.