“Best Grilled shrimp and Sirloin Steak”

Saltgrass Steak House
Ranked #58 of 676 Restaurants in Pensacola
Reviewed 8 December 2016

The restaurant has the best grilled shrimp and Sirloin Steak. It came with steam veggie and a loaded baked potato. The waiter and waitress were very friendly. Good place to eat good food! Oh, the cheese cake was very good too.

There are newer reviews for Saltgrass Steak House

Reviewed 5 December 2016

This was our first time trying Saltgrass. A party of 5, we went on Saturday, about 3 in the afternoon. It wasn't busy and we were seated right away. The service was good.

The caveat is in the prices and the limited menu choices. I could understand paying $36 for a steak if it was a huge steak and came with two sides and a big salad but that isn't the case. My sister ordered the bone-in cowboy ribeye and it came with one side and a regular (small) house salad. The steak was no bigger (or better) than one you get at Logan's or Longhorn.

My husband had the smoked pork chop ($23) and the flavor was phenomenal but it was waaay undercooked. He ate the outer edges but the inside was completely raw so he brought it home and threw it on the grill before eating the leftovers. It too only comes with one side item and a salad.

Appalled by the prices, I chose to have only a cup of potato soup. ($6) The soup has a great flavor but the texture is very odd. Almost like it has grits in it. Pureed potato bits maybe? Not sure.

Beverages (tea, soda) are $3 each. There are no pasta choices at all and very few seafood choices.

My parents had a separate check and it was $50 just for the two of them. Our check was for 3 people and came to $82 ... and I had soup and water! This does NOT include tip. My parents left $7 and we left $15 and the server gave us the impression she was less than impressed with those amounts. I realize that it wasn't busy and she probably wasn't taking home massive tips at that time of day but we felt like we tipped appropriately.

We won't go back but it's because of the prices, not the quality of the food.

Reviewed 28 November 2016

TripAdvisor’s highest review rating is 5 stars, but 10 stars would be more-in-line with this Pensacola Premiere Steakhouse which is new to the area!

If you want “Amazing” food and “Service” all while enjoying “Beautiful” views overlooking Pensacola’s Historical Bay, then this is the hidden Gem for you!

I can’t say enough about the “Amazing” Hospitality we always receive from our sweet hostess (TIA); Out of the world Server (LISA); and Manager (TINA), who has amazing “Interpersonal Skills” and sets the standards in “Customer Service” as Priority One!

I do not write many reviews and was very hesitant to write this review since “SALT GRASS” has now become my “New Special Place” for Friday lunches because I was concerned that once the word got out, I would end up needing to take a number and wait in line on future visits.

But, it was hard to reframe from bragging on what has become one of the “Number One Spots” for me in Pensacola to relax and enjoy an “Amazing Dining Experience” with Family and Friends, as well as old “Business Associates” who frequent the area.

Please choose any day (Except Friday for Lunch) to enjoy SALT GRASS! 

Trust me, you will “NOT” be disappointed!

Reviewed 22 November 2016

Being from TX originally, we've eaten at this chain before. We had dinner with friends who live there and suggested this restaurant. Everyone enjoyed their particular entrees which included steaks, and the vaquero tacos. Before being seated at our table, we enjoyed drinks at the bar. Two of us enjoyed their Bushwacker. We also shared the quail appetizer. The nice freshly baked warm bread and butter brought before the meals was complimentary.

Reviewed 21 November 2016 via mobile

We had the 16 oz. ribeye and a burger. Both were well seasoned and cooked as ordered. Highly recommend this restaurant.