“This place sucks”
Review of Casa Loma Inn

Casa Loma Inn
Ranked #30 of 48 Hotels in Panama City Beach
Reviewed 8 February 2016 via mobile

Booked with hotels.com. Paid $180. Not bad for the weekend. Decided to stay for the week because its pretty. $400 and about 15 hrs later the construction starts. Mexican music and jammers on pipes starting at 8am every day. I get us moved to another room and now we're in front of this little staging area for the job. Mexican dude whistles at my wife. They get stuff on my truck. Awesome right? So I complain to the "manager" who literally does nothing but say 'I don't know what to tell you'. The shower water burnt the hell out of me right before it went ice cold. That happened for the five straight minutes I was in it. Last night it got close to freezing and I had to stay in an ice box because the heater doesn't work and there was no one at the desk to help out. The house keeper accused me of stealing some linens too. That was hilarious. This place is the most expensive nightmare I've ever had the luxury of spending my hard earned money on. I will never and I mean never be staying at or recommending this place to anyone again.

Stayed: February 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank Robert E
CasaLomaPCB, General Manager at Casa Loma Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2016

Dear Robert,
Thank you for your feedback and bringing this to our attention. What you have mentioned is not the quality of service that we are known for providing to our guests. Our General Manager would like to discuss the issues you experienced in more detail so that necessary changes can be made. Please contact the hotel and ask for the general manager whenever is convenient for you.

Reviewed 18 January 2016

"If it's too good to be true, it probably is..." We found Casa Loma online for a last minute deal we couldn't refuse. With beach front views with what looked like a cozy, well maintained room, we booked and headed south for the weekend. However, immediately upon arrival we were ready to flee. We called ahead and were told check in time would be at 12:30. Arriving at 12:30, we were then told by a clerk, who had just wrapped up a public argument with another team member, that check in time would be 01:00. We briefly walked along the beach to kill some time and returned to check in only to be told the room wouldn't be ready for another hour to an hour in a half as the house keeping team hadn't released the rooms. There was a construction team walking throughout several rooms and power tools being used at one end of the the parking lot. We were lucky enough to be assigned a room at the opposite end of the motel on the top most floor, which does have fantastic views; however, the door stuck with the room number fallen from the face of the door, the bathroom light and fan did not work, a cockroach was smashed onto the shower wall, scum and mildew left slimy film on the shower floor, the shower nobs were difficult to turn on and off at best, the water ran ice cold when the neighboring guest also turned on their water, there were what appeared to be dark hairs of varying lengths and cockroach eggs in one of the beds, and the ceiling had significant water damage and was crumbling apart. Free HBO is always a plus; however, the television was so outdated that we were unable to watch it for longer than five minutes at a time without the signal cutting out. We heard the neighbor's vulgar conversations throughout the night, and there were blackish globs of mystery residue plastered along the bottom of the bathroom wall. When we reported the condition of the room to the management team, they feigned ignorance and exclaimed that such negligence is unheard of and "unusual" for their house keeping team. Considering the layers of filth caked onto every corner of our room, we find this statement to be highly doubtful and instead will choose to stay elsewhere in future. There were some renovations being done; however, STAY AT YOUR OWN RISK. You can polish a turd until it shines, but it's still a turd.

Room Tip: Stay at your own risk, and the 4th floor has the best views.
  • Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank heather B
CasaLomaPCB, General Manager at Casa Loma Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2016

Dear Heather,
Thank you for your feedback. It is extremely important to us as we strive to improve guest satisfaction. I am glad that you enjoyed our beautiful view of the gulf however I am deeply saddened that your stay was not as enjoyable as it could have been. It’s very important to us that you have a comfortable and memorable vacation; therefore, we are sincerely concerned when we fall short of your expectations. We strive to resolve all customer complaints as soon as they are reported especially when it comes to maintenance issues.We have addressed the issues you mentioned with the rest of our housekeeping and maintenance staff and would like to take this opportunity to assure you that we are taking steps to rectify the issues that you mentioned. Thank you again for your comments.

Reviewed 13 January 2016

Great location and excellent price. Staff was friendly and helpful. We were allowed to check in a little early (a godsend after driving over six hours). Plenty of space in our standard room so we didn't feel cramped. The view from our room and private balcony was amazing!!! Heated pool was warm enough to swim in even in January. Easy access to the beautiful beach! The purpose for our trip was to view the gulf coast so Casa Loma Inn was more than we expected. Can't wait to return!!!!

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled with family
CasaLomaPCB, General Manager at Casa Loma Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2016

Thank you Dreana for taking the time to review your stay with us. We are thrilled to hear that you received great service, since customer service is one of our main priorities and our team members are here to make sure you have a fun and memorable beach vacation. We are also pleased you were able to take advantage of our wonderful amenities such as heated gulf front pool and private balconies. We hope you will stay with us again next time you visit our beautiful beaches.

Reviewed 9 January 2016

This is a great location. Directly on the beach. This is by no means a 5 star hotel but I also didn't pay the 5 star prices. This was a girls trip where we spent a few days on the beach. We got into town early and went by to see if we could check in and they weren't quite ready for us. So we had brunch and then called back and they let us check is 4 hours early. I was very appreciative of that. This was a quiet hotel. Close to everything including Sharky's! A few nights there were about 10 older people sitting out on the patio enjoying each others company and they were all so nice when we chit chatted with them. We felt right at home at this hotel. I would definitely stay at this hotel again

Room Tip: No elevator
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank TNT823
CasaLomaPCB, General Manager at Casa Loma Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2016

Dear TNT823,
Thank you for your wonderful review. Our hope is that you had a wonderful beach vacation here with us. I am also delighted to hear that our staff helped make your stay more enjoyable. Guest satisfaction is extremely important to us and so we enjoy hearing how much you enjoyed your stay with us. We can't wait for you to stay with us again.

Reviewed 8 January 2016

It's not a 30 story 50 million condo place (which to me is a good thing). Back to a simpler, smaller time. We had a two room suite and it was just perfect for a couple of teens and me (the mom LOL). A great value, the view was gorgeous and the place was quiet (even on New Year's Eve). My AC unit was noisy and I was too lazy to get up and turn it off since I could have done without it anyway. I will definitely go back when I have more time.

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Debbilou2014

Dear Debbilou2014,
We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your New Year's Eve here on the beach with us! Our goal is that every guest has a fun and memorable beach vacation and we are glad that you were able to enjoy our perfect location overlooking the Gulf of Mexico. We look forward to having you as a guest again soon.