All reviewsan older hotelbeach frontprivate balconiesfloor roombeds were comfortablefourth floorcoffee makerking bedview from the balconybeach accesslove this placefull kitchenheated poolkitchenettebroomtelevisionflorida
Reviewed 18 January 2016

"If it's too good to be true, it probably is..." We found Casa Loma online for a last minute deal we couldn't refuse. With beach front views with what looked like a cozy, well maintained room, we booked and headed south for the weekend. However, immediately upon arrival we were ready to flee. We called ahead and were told check in time would be at 12:30. Arriving at 12:30, we were then told by a clerk, who had just wrapped up a public argument with another team member, that check in time would be 01:00. We briefly walked along the beach to kill some time and returned to check in only to be told the room wouldn't be ready for another hour to an hour in a half as the house keeping team hadn't released the rooms. There was a construction team walking throughout several rooms and power tools being used at one end of the the parking lot. We were lucky enough to be assigned a room at the opposite end of the motel on the top most floor, which does have fantastic views; however, the door stuck with the room number fallen from the face of the door, the bathroom light and fan did not work, a cockroach was smashed onto the shower wall, scum and mildew left slimy film on the shower floor, the shower nobs were difficult to turn on and off at best, the water ran ice cold when the neighboring guest also turned on their water, there were what appeared to be dark hairs of varying lengths and cockroach eggs in one of the beds, and the ceiling had significant water damage and was crumbling apart. Free HBO is always a plus; however, the television was so outdated that we were unable to watch it for longer than five minutes at a time without the signal cutting out. We heard the neighbor's vulgar conversations throughout the night, and there were blackish globs of mystery residue plastered along the bottom of the bathroom wall. When we reported the condition of the room to the management team, they feigned ignorance and exclaimed that such negligence is unheard of and "unusual" for their house keeping team. Considering the layers of filth caked onto every corner of our room, we find this statement to be highly doubtful and instead will choose to stay elsewhere in future. There were some renovations being done; however, STAY AT YOUR OWN RISK. You can polish a turd until it shines, but it's still a turd.

Room Tip: Stay at your own risk, and the 4th floor has the best views.
  • Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank heather B
CasaLomaPCB, General Manager at Casa Loma Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2016

Dear Heather,
Thank you for your feedback. It is extremely important to us as we strive to improve guest satisfaction. I am glad that you enjoyed our beautiful view of the gulf however I am deeply saddened that your stay was not as enjoyable as it could have been. It’s very important to us that you have a comfortable and memorable vacation; therefore, we are sincerely concerned when we fall short of your expectations. We strive to resolve all customer complaints as soon as they are reported especially when it comes to maintenance issues.We have addressed the issues you mentioned with the rest of our housekeeping and maintenance staff and would like to take this opportunity to assure you that we are taking steps to rectify the issues that you mentioned. Thank you again for your comments.

Reviewed 13 January 2016

Great location and excellent price. Staff was friendly and helpful. We were allowed to check in a little early (a godsend after driving over six hours). Plenty of space in our standard room so we didn't feel cramped. The view from our room and private balcony was amazing!!! Heated pool was warm enough to swim in even in January. Easy access to the beautiful beach! The purpose for our trip was to view the gulf coast so Casa Loma Inn was more than we expected. Can't wait to return!!!!

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled with family
CasaLomaPCB, General Manager at Casa Loma Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2016

Thank you Dreana for taking the time to review your stay with us. We are thrilled to hear that you received great service, since customer service is one of our main priorities and our team members are here to make sure you have a fun and memorable beach vacation. We are also pleased you were able to take advantage of our wonderful amenities such as heated gulf front pool and private balconies. We hope you will stay with us again next time you visit our beautiful beaches.

Reviewed 9 January 2016

This is a great location. Directly on the beach. This is by no means a 5 star hotel but I also didn't pay the 5 star prices. This was a girls trip where we spent a few days on the beach. We got into town early and went by to see if we could check in and they weren't quite ready for us. So we had brunch and then called back and they let us check is 4 hours early. I was very appreciative of that. This was a quiet hotel. Close to everything including Sharky's! A few nights there were about 10 older people sitting out on the patio enjoying each others company and they were all so nice when we chit chatted with them. We felt right at home at this hotel. I would definitely stay at this hotel again

Room Tip: No elevator
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank TNT823
CasaLomaPCB, General Manager at Casa Loma Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2016

Dear TNT823,
Thank you for your wonderful review. Our hope is that you had a wonderful beach vacation here with us. I am also delighted to hear that our staff helped make your stay more enjoyable. Guest satisfaction is extremely important to us and so we enjoy hearing how much you enjoyed your stay with us. We can't wait for you to stay with us again.

Reviewed 8 January 2016

It's not a 30 story 50 million condo place (which to me is a good thing). Back to a simpler, smaller time. We had a two room suite and it was just perfect for a couple of teens and me (the mom LOL). A great value, the view was gorgeous and the place was quiet (even on New Year's Eve). My AC unit was noisy and I was too lazy to get up and turn it off since I could have done without it anyway. I will definitely go back when I have more time.

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Debbilou2014

Dear Debbilou2014,
We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your New Year's Eve here on the beach with us! Our goal is that every guest has a fun and memorable beach vacation and we are glad that you were able to enjoy our perfect location overlooking the Gulf of Mexico. We look forward to having you as a guest again soon.

Reviewed 5 January 2016 via mobile

I was for the most part pleased with this hotel. Check in staff not very friendly. During check in I just felt the did not seem to interested in checking me in. One of the girls was more interested in her phone. Went down one other time. One was eating a bag of chips and sent me to the other girl. Just were not very professional in my option. The room was good, older but everything worked. Door to balcony could use some work you had to body slam it to open and close it, along with the front door. View was beautiful. Sheila in housekeeping was amazing and very friendly. Depending on price I may or may not stay again.

Stayed: January 2016
CasaLomaPCB, General Manager at Casa Loma Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2016

Thank you for taking the time to review us on trip advisor. It is our hope that every guest staying with us has an enjoyable beach vacation. We are thrilled that despite the issues you mentioned that you enjoyed your stay with us. After reading your description, I wanted to apologize that we did not provide you with the exceptional service that we strive to provide for all of our guests. Customer Service is very important and we expect only the best from our team. I will be forwarding your comments to the rest of our management team to make sure that we rectify this issue. I hope you will stay with us again soon so that we can make sure your next stay is even better.