All reviewsan older hotelbeach frontprivate balconiesfloor roombeds were comfortablefourth floorcoffee makerking bedview from the balconybeach accesslove this placefull kitchenheated poolkitchenettebroomtelevisionflorida
Reviewed 8 January 2016

It's not a 30 story 50 million condo place (which to me is a good thing). Back to a simpler, smaller time. We had a two room suite and it was just perfect for a couple of teens and me (the mom LOL). A great value, the view was gorgeous and the place was quiet (even on New Year's Eve). My AC unit was noisy and I was too lazy to get up and turn it off since I could have done without it anyway. I will definitely go back when I have more time.

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Debbilou2014
CasaLomaPCB, General Manager at Casa Loma Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2016

Dear Debbilou2014,
We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your New Year's Eve here on the beach with us! Our goal is that every guest has a fun and memorable beach vacation and we are glad that you were able to enjoy our perfect location overlooking the Gulf of Mexico. We look forward to having you as a guest again soon.

Reviewed 5 January 2016 via mobile

I was for the most part pleased with this hotel. Check in staff not very friendly. During check in I just felt the did not seem to interested in checking me in. One of the girls was more interested in her phone. Went down one other time. One was eating a bag of chips and sent me to the other girl. Just were not very professional in my option. The room was good, older but everything worked. Door to balcony could use some work you had to body slam it to open and close it, along with the front door. View was beautiful. Sheila in housekeeping was amazing and very friendly. Depending on price I may or may not stay again.

Stayed: January 2016
CasaLomaPCB, General Manager at Casa Loma Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2016

Thank you for taking the time to review us on trip advisor. It is our hope that every guest staying with us has an enjoyable beach vacation. We are thrilled that despite the issues you mentioned that you enjoyed your stay with us. After reading your description, I wanted to apologize that we did not provide you with the exceptional service that we strive to provide for all of our guests. Customer Service is very important and we expect only the best from our team. I will be forwarding your comments to the rest of our management team to make sure that we rectify this issue. I hope you will stay with us again soon so that we can make sure your next stay is even better.

Reviewed 1 January 2016

We enjoyed our stay here. Was a mostly private beach..great sand. Friendly staff. Rooms are nothing super fancy but good for the value. Every room has a beach view. Close to plenty of attractions. Wish we had more than two nights here. If you don't bring your own shade, there are chairs and umbrellas for rent. The one negative is the AC's run onto the balcony so it was too hot to be out there when the AC was running.

Room Tip: 3rd floor if I ever go back. Better view.
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Brian J
CasaLomaPCB, General Manager at Casa Loma Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2016

Dear Brian,
Thank you for your feedback. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your beach vacation with us. We do have a wonderful location directly on the beach. We hope you will come back and stay again soon.

Reviewed 1 January 2016

If you care about a low price, a clean room, and friendly staff, then this place is for you. If you are picky about all the other stuff, then maybe you should pay more and go somewhere else...

There is a lot of small stuff that people can and do complain about: the bathroom is small, the flush on it is finicky and sticks open sometimes. The caulk in the bath is peeling and brown. The frying pan isn't no-stick anymore. The brick patio is not finished and the pool is heated but not that warm. The bathroom sink is out in the bedroom, not in the bathroom, and drains slowly. The floors are all tile and it is very easy to track sand everywhere. There definitely could be more outlets and more light in the room. The microwave is tiny, and takes twice (three times?) as long as at home to make popcorn or melt nacho cheese, but everything worked (eventually) and we really had a very very nice time here. Small stuff...

The knobs on the cook surface were backwards! So if you turn the knob to "high" and wonder why the water is not boiling (or the eggs are not cooking), try setting it to "low" and it will really light up! Ha! The shower does not get too hot, so the good news is you never have to worry about scalding water in the shower or have to spend time setting it - just put it all the way hot.

The internet is not bad at all - according to speedtest.net I got a download speed of about 12 Mbps and an upload speed of around 5 Mbps. Enough for Skype or fast YouTube.

The grounds are well maintained and look nice.

The dehumidifier in the room didn't work the first day and it was replaced right away. The room had a musty smell to it, but that went away as the new dehumidifier took care of everything. We got clean towels whenever we asked, but didn't need the sheets changed ever day - we got whatever we asked for. We borrowed a wine bottle opener and got some salt from the front office that we forgot as well.

The ocean was too cold in December but some crazy people were out in it in wet suits. Every morning we took a nice jog/walk down the beach to the peer to the East (about 1.1miles) or to the main peer to the West (about 2.2 miles). There is always hot coffee at the office and advice on nearby attractions. We got some fresh sea food at Buddys and make some real nice seafood fettuccine one evening in the room - it is nice to have a kitchenette.

We really liked eating at Scampy's (I loved the popcorn shrimp and she loved the gumbo), and we had a wonderful time at night at Ms Newby's bar to the east - they had Karaoke on the first floor and TVs, craft beers, and giant Jenga at the upstairs bar and porch. Schooners was good food, but a bit overpriced?

We really liked walking around Helen State park to the West. $4 per car to park and hike around.

Bottom line: you can beat the value for the price. For what we paid, this place is top notch. Life has compromises and we cared about 1) price, 2) cleanliness, and 3) friendliness they delivered, so we were very happy with our stay.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bruce4445490

Dear Bruce,
Thank you for your review. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We treat every review as a chance to improve and we have passed along the comments about the issues you experienced so that they can be corrected. Our goal is that every guest has a fun and memorable beach vacation. We hope you will come back and visit again soon.

Reviewed 16 November 2015

Stayed here during the Emerald Coast Cruzin car show Nov. 13-15. The good......Got a great rate and front desk staff were pleasant and helpful. Had a problem with the safe in the room and maintenance arrived and fixed the problem within minutes. All rooms face the gulf with a beautiful view. The floors are tile so felt clean. Beds okay but pillows not so much. The not so good......No lighting except for a lamp on the table between the beds and one over the sink. Had a problem with hot water....didn't have any the second day of our stay. Heat in our room never worked. As the temps were in the 40's at night could have used some heat. Door to the patio basically fell apart when I opened it to admire the beautiful view. Almost never got it closed again. No elevator so would be difficult if you had mobility issues. Overall seemed sad and rundown. Definitely need a lot of TLC. In their defense, they are doing some renovations to the property. Not sure if I would stay again until property was completely renovated. Not complaining just my honest opinion.

Stayed: November 2015
4  Thank TIPPITRIP
CasaLomaPCB, General Manager at Casa Loma Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2015

Dear TIPPITRIP,
Thank you for your feedback. It is invaluable to us and helps us to improve. We are in the process of the renovation but I have also forwarded your comments to the rest of the staff so we can make sure that those issues are fixed. I am thrilled that our staff helped to make your stay more enjoyable. Guest satisfaction is extremely important to us and we strive to make sure that every guest has a fun and memorable stay. I hope that your next stay will be a better one.