“Wouldn't be my first pick...”
Review of Casa Loma Inn

Casa Loma Inn
Ranked #30 of 48 Hotels in Panama City Beach
Reviewed 7 July 2011

My family had planned a trip to PCB and had rented a nice condo for a week. We ended up leaving home for PCB a few days early and needed a place to stay for a few days until we could get into our condo. I remembered the name Casa Loma, so instead of spending hours driving around town looking for a hotel, we went straight there. We were only there two nights, and I was so glad. I'm a bit of a hotel snob, but this was just not where I would have wanted to stay for a whole week. It is VERY old and outdated and little if anything has been done to spruce it up. The pool and beach area is very nice, but the actual room leaves a lot to be desired in my opinion. The beds are very, very uncomfortable and remind me of the kind of beds you see being sold on the side of the road for $100. Very hard, very old, and very stained. I literally had the creeps the whole night and was not able to sleep well at all. They have window unit airconditioners which are very loud which didn't help to get a good nights rest. Also, no bathtubs, just a shower stall which didn't have much hot water. And the towels...don't even get me started. They were very, very, very scratchy and very, very, small.

The women at the front dest when we checked in was not overly friendly, but I can't say she was rude. She was by herself and they were very busy and she was flustered. However; the next morning I spoke with the manager, Betty, who was very friendly and helpful.

All in all, I would not stay here again unless absolutely no other option.

1  Thank Gina B

Reviewed 6 July 2011

First,let me say that the landscaping and the beach view is very nice.The maintennance/security/pool guys did their best to accomodate everyone.But the lady at the desk is the reason I will NEVER go back.When we arrived,our refrigerator wasn't working.We told her about it and she said "it's not a fridge,it's a chiller so it doesn't get cold." I let her know that I knew the difference in a small chiller and a standard refrigerator and that our REFRIGERATOR was not working.She said "It workied for the last guests so it has to be working now." I said "Mam,the refrigerator is not working." Again she said that it has to work and the only way it's not is if it's a breaker.Keep in mind that she had a very bad attitude while saying all this.She sent the maintennance guy down and he said that it was just frozen over and to unplug it for 20 minutes and to turn it back on.We did this and it still didn't work.The guy came back down and said we needed a new refrigerator.We went back to the main desk and let her know that the maintennance guy agreed that the refrigerator was not working.My girlfriend let the lady know that she was rude the first time and that she should be ashamed for how she treated guests.The lady then said "I've been here 15 years and have never been rude to a guest,Lord strike me dead if I have." We heard this over and over.I changed the subject and said "Mam,the fridge is indeed broken so will we be getting a defferent one brought in?" She then tried to make it sound as if we broke it.I told her that all we did was open it and put food in it! lol We got another one eventually and then the power went out in the entire building for about an hour.There were no emergency lights in the hallways or around the stairs which is very dangerous.The building has large roaches and you'ss see large rats outside.The cleaning staff is horrible! They basically just bring you clean towels(that feel like sandpaper) and thats about it.Another thing,you can't walk on the grass! Our room was main level,facing the beach.We weren't allowed to walk from the pool to our patio and put our floats on it.We had to carry everything inside.One more thing about the desk lady,I never got a receipt so I went and asked her if and when we get a receipt.She asked if I wanted one and I told her that since I paid w/ cash that it would be nice to have one.She said " I'm not going to steal your money!" Amazed,I told her that I didn't care if she took the money home because that would be stealing from the hotel,not me.I then told her to not worry about it and she said "No,I'm going to give you one right now so you dont think I'm stealing your money!"

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank sPRINGVILLE
Reviewed 4 July 2011

Put us in a room below street level..room stank...staff is RUDE...like pulling teeth to get the room cleaned...stovetop is from the 1950's... whole motel needs updating BAD!!! I would never stay there again! Do yourself a favor and stay somewhere else.

• Stayed: June 2011
3  Thank prissyredneck72
Reviewed 20 June 2011

internet was slow. bathroom smelled like it was just wiped down without cleaning products. bed was uncomfortable. the sheets and blanket had sand all over them. we wore sandals majority of the time inside the room. the view of the ocean was beautiful but not worth staying here.

Room Tip: non-refundable... RUN AWAY!
3  Thank girl2000atl
Reviewed 19 June 2011

I stayed at the Casa Loma hotel with my mom and my friend this summer. After reading some of the other reviews on here, I started to wonder what this place was going to be like and if my mom should have booked anoter hotel... BUT all three of us enjoyed our stay at the Casa Loma!
When we arrived, the women at the front desk (Betty) was very welcoming and nice. Through out the week, when we had questions, Betty was helpful. If we needed help with anything, a staff member was there to assist us in under 5 minutes. Also, our room was cleaned each day. If we needed anything extra done, all we had to do was ask.
We stayed on the second floor in a room with a full kitchen set. The room was defintiely bigger than I thought it would be after seeing online pictures. The kitchen was nice and handy to have so we didn't have to eat out every meal. The beds were comfortable and the room was spacious. There were NO BED BUGS! When we asked Betty about them, she said they have the beds cleaned and has never had issues with them. The only thing I wasn't fond of was the bathroom showerhead. I'm 5' 7'' and the shower head was a little low for me. Besides that I loved the room!
The pool/beach area was very nice and always clean. Since the Casa Loma isn't surronded by other hotels, the beach was never over populated or crowded! We layed out each day for hours and was never bothered. Great location!
Besides the shower, there was nothing I didn't like about the Casa Loma! My mom, my friend, and I enjoyed our stay there and would definitely go back... For such a great price, you get a good experience and stay!

3  Thank 11cardinal15