“Real good hotel. Will come back” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Panama City Beach
Ranked #17 of 48 Hotels in Panama City Beach
Atlantic City, New Jersey
“Real good hotel. Will come back”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2011

My family stayed in this hotel during memorial day weekend. Every person we encountered at the hotel was very nice and helpful. The perks: free internet, excellent breakfast and very nice, comfortable beds. Room was cleaned everyday and and was very clean and neat. Hotel staff who all went out of their way to be helpful. Very nice , family friendly hotel over all. I would go back again!!

Shri
Atlanta

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
carrollton, georgia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2011

My husband and I have always had great stays at Country Inn & Suites in other locations but this one did not meet our expectations. This hotel is not on the beach - it is really not possible to walk to the beach from this hotel because it would not be safe to dodge all the traffic. The breakfast room was always very crowded and people were rude. The internet router for the guestrooms did not work. The ceiling in the bathroom was kinda torn up and it was never fixed. We had to request for our room to be cleaned and we stayed five nights! I have never had this problem at any other Country Inn & Suites hotel! We will return to Panama City Beach but not to this hotel!!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank wanderccat
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2011

This hotel is great for a budget. It is a great location very close to the beach. Clean, nice rooms, good breakfast, and great staff.

• Stayed June 2011
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Location
      Rooms
Houston, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2011

My family recently took a trip to Panama City Beach and decided to stay at the Country Inn and Suites. We basically made this decision based on the website, Once we arrived I found out my room had been cancelled due to the front desk trying to charge my card prior to check-in. They claim this is their policy, but it wasn't. We did not choose to pay our room up front, but to wait until check in. When I asked when my room was cancelled, the front desk told me they cancelled my room 3 days prior to me checking in, which was a lie, because I had just checked my reservation prior to that. When I told them I had just checked my reservation online, they then told the truth and said they cancelled my room 20 minutes before I arrived and sold it to someone else because they could not charge my card. When I told them check-in was at 4:00 and it was not 4:00 yet, they had no explanation as to why they did this. Not only were we out of a room, and all rooms were sold out, they were also RUDE!!!! They did not even offer to tell me if any other hotel in the area had rooms. We still stayed because we ended up staying in the room with other family members. Country Inn basically saved me money because I still got to stay for free. I will never patronize this hotel again ever!! The management needs to get a handle on their front desk personnel and send them to training to learn customer service! Everyone in my family had a problem with this particular hotel for one reason or another. We had 30 guests but we will NEVER stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank caramel77338
dizpatel, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Panama City Beach, responded to this review, 10 June 2011
When reservations are made at any facility, it is typically authorized for 1 nights room and tax. When reservations are made the hotel expects to the guest to have a legitimate credit card with sufficient funds. During season we tell the guest that we pre-authorize and ALL credit cards. Cards that decline we attempt to contact the guest via phone if one is present or e-mail. These attempts were made but we did not get a response before the deadline and usually these types of reservations turn into NO SHOWS, which leads to loss in revenue for the hotel. Therefore the reservation was cancelled.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2011

My daughter is a soldier stationed at Fort Benning. I flew from phila to spend a few days with her. It was very important to me that she had a Comfortable nice trip. The staff at this hotel were very helpful and patient during our stay. On our last day, we woke up to a dead car! Darrin- the general manager was one of the kindest considerate people we ever met. Thanks to him we were able to laugh and not feel like an inconvenience. He guided us to get where to get help after doing all he could himself so my daughter cod get back yo post on time! I highly recommend staying here, we certainly will if we are ever fortunate enough to come back. We stayed somewhere else one of our nights- the beds snd pillows were hard as rocks and the rooms were not clean. Our room at country inn was perfect !

• Stayed April 2011