“condo was amazing..resort left a lot to be desired..”

Celadon Beach Resort
Reviewed 30 September 2011

we have stayed at many places nice ones and cheap ones alike..me and my wife love panama as its where we got engaged and married on the beach on this trip as well..i found the unit on VRBO
http://www.vrbo.com/82085 got a wonderful rate and the condo was beautiful..that being said semmed more like a hotel than a resort as the amenities were poor at best they had to pools and two hut tubs both hot tubs did not function correctly..the gulf front pool is 50% shaded so when the sun is away it was cold as was the pool across the street half was indoors and the other outdoors..they had a fitness center but could not access it...i dont know why...the have 3 elevators for 23 floors...we were on the 22nd and it took a while in the off season..so i can imagine peak summer time...if your looking for a nice condo and dont care about the amenities, its not bad on the west end where its quieter and quick access to pier park..

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank dallasj

Reviewed 27 August 2011

I am a fan of the Celadon. We booked through our vacation club Global and check in was a breeze because we just went to the room. The door didn't need a key our owner had an electronic key pad so no keys needed and we had the code in advance. Our Unit was a 1 bedroom condo, that had 2 bath, 2 bunk beds in the hall, kitchen/dining room, living room and washer/dryer. We were in unit 203 and overlooked the beautiful green ocean.
The parking garage is across the street, and there is a walk over that is climate controlled. There are 2 pools one at the parking garage, it was indoor/outdoor, but we never used it. The other is at the side of the building , and was nice.
Our unit was clean and decorated nice. The unit was pretty quite, we didn't hear neighbors or noise from the street. This is the last of the high rise condo's on the west side. I loved the condo, and had a great vacation with my wife

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Rod H
Reviewed 13 July 2011

Floors were filthy. After taking showers, all of our feet were black from walking around the unit. The tvs/dvd players didn't work all the time, the fridges ice maker didn't work, and the elevators were over taxed. The resort lied to us on the phone about including the passport to fun(discounts on parks, etc) which wasn't included, nor were complimentary beach services which were included on their website. The
staff was unfriendly and not helpful. Location was good, however the beach was in poor condition. We will stay in Destin or Pensacola next time.

• Stayed: July 2011
3  Thank JPBUTLER
Reviewed 3 June 2011

I would book it again in a heartbeat! For 4 nights, it was around $695 with day of last minute special.

Unit Pros:

20th floor gulf view – gorgeous!

High End Décor throughout – think Crate & Barrel, luxury feel, affordable price (but I got a last minute special)

Wonderful Flat Panel TV & Surround Sound when playing DVDs (HINT: Surround sound doesn’t work with tv, just the dvd player)

Two sets of cookware: non-stick and stainless

Light Sleeper’s Dream bedroom: includes tempurpedic mattresses, and the room stays so dark and quiet!

Gorgeous light fixtures in main hallway and dining area!

Nice to have reclining patio chair on the balcony.

Resort Pros:

Doug checked us in at night: introduced himself by name, welcomed us to the resort, explained everything for our after hours check-in – You Rock Doug!

Loved seeing the You Tube video of someone walking through the unit. This really sold me on booking this one!

Free Beach chairs and umbrellas (HINT- rock to reposition, just jamming it in the sand won’t make it stay)

Super Nice Beach Chair Attendants: hard workers! One of them tried to rearrange the chairs to make it better for the patrons. Even though I guess management or owners didn’t like it, you’ve got to give the kid credit for trying to be innovative for a better guest experience. The second guy, walked around on the hottest day checking on the guest in chairs to see if he could do anything for them! What service!

Elevator Mats- put in during the day when beach use is high so the elevator floors don’t get slippery, and taken out each night to be cleaned….wow, that’s a lot of work!

Friendly Front Receptionists: Irene and Betty

Unit Areas for Improvement:

Such a wonderful unit, but…..
It would be a nice amenity to have at least one hair dryer.

A pizza pan or stone would also be nice. Baking a pizza on the rack only increases the chance for a messy oven.

The director’s chairs at the bar kind of pinch the bottom of your legs, and aren’t super comfy. To me, they don’t fit the higher end design of the condo as well.

Resort Areas for Improvement:

Maybe you can’t offer this at the great price we paid, but a small sample of dish soap for dish hand washing jobs would be nice. (two packets of dishwashing detergent and a sponge were left for us).

Smokers: It was hard to enjoy our patio at times because of smokers on other patios smoking, and their ashes and smoke blowing onto our deck. I don’t know if you can make the whole property non-smoking including patios, but that sure would be nice! It’s just hard to enjoy a sunset when you’re having trouble breathing!

No Wi-Fi, just Ethernet- I was told by Resort Quest this unit had Wi-Fi. The person I booked with was probably just in a hurry and meant Ethernet cable. I know a cable is probably more secure than Wi-Fi, but I was just told one thing, and got another.

BE CAREFUL: There is a wave running company that uses the Celadon beachfront as a loading and unloading area. Whoever the company is operates very dangerously. The watercraft operators scream into the swimming public (at least they did on May 29, 2011 around 1:30), clearly not in the designated loading and unloading areas. I couldn’t believe how unsafe they were driving, and felt myself at risk while I was swimming. I have spoken to Donny and I know he’s working on getting this resolved.

Room Tip: Ask for # 2004! 20th Floor!
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank InSearchofGreatness
Reviewed 15 April 2011

I stayed at the Celadon with 4 teenagers and was very happy with my whole experience. The pools and hot tub were clean. The beaches were not crowded as they are further down on Thomas or Front Beach and the elevators fast. My teens could drive down past Pier Park to get into some "action" while I could hang out and relax without the constant horn blowing and "hollering" that usually takes place during Spring Break. The room was beautifully decorated and clean, and the view from the 16th floor was spectacular.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
6  Thank jennascloset
ubah1, Manager at Celadon Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2011

I wanted to thank you for your kind remarks regarding your recent stay at Celadon Beach. As you noted, Celadon is away from some of the busier area of the beach, but close enough to everything to be in the middle of the action in mere moments. Again, thank you for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you again soon!