New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

“Great location... Everything else was horrible.” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Celadon Beach Resort

Celadon Beach Resort
Fort Worth, Texas
“Great location... Everything else was horrible.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2011

Floors were filthy. After taking showers, all of our feet were black from walking around the unit. The tvs/dvd players didn't work all the time, the fridges ice maker didn't work, and the elevators were over taxed. The resort lied to us on the phone about including the passport to fun(discounts on parks, etc) which wasn't included, nor were complimentary beach services which were included on their website. The
staff was unfriendly and not helpful. Location was good, however the beach was in poor condition. We will stay in Destin or Pensacola next time.

• Stayed July 2011
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank JPBUTLER

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Atlanta, GA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2011

I would book it again in a heartbeat! For 4 nights, it was around $695 with day of last minute special.

Unit Pros:

20th floor gulf view – gorgeous!

High End Décor throughout – think Crate & Barrel, luxury feel, affordable price (but I got a last minute special)

Wonderful Flat Panel TV & Surround Sound when playing DVDs (HINT: Surround sound doesn’t work with tv, just the dvd player)

Two sets of cookware: non-stick and stainless

Light Sleeper’s Dream bedroom: includes tempurpedic mattresses, and the room stays so dark and quiet!

Gorgeous light fixtures in main hallway and dining area!

Nice to have reclining patio chair on the balcony.

Resort Pros:

Doug checked us in at night: introduced himself by name, welcomed us to the resort, explained everything for our after hours check-in – You Rock Doug!

Loved seeing the You Tube video of someone walking through the unit. This really sold me on booking this one!

Free Beach chairs and umbrellas (HINT- rock to reposition, just jamming it in the sand won’t make it stay)

Super Nice Beach Chair Attendants: hard workers! One of them tried to rearrange the chairs to make it better for the patrons. Even though I guess management or owners didn’t like it, you’ve got to give the kid credit for trying to be innovative for a better guest experience. The second guy, walked around on the hottest day checking on the guest in chairs to see if he could do anything for them! What service!

Elevator Mats- put in during the day when beach use is high so the elevator floors don’t get slippery, and taken out each night to be cleaned….wow, that’s a lot of work!

Friendly Front Receptionists: Irene and Betty

Unit Areas for Improvement:

Such a wonderful unit, but…..
It would be a nice amenity to have at least one hair dryer.

A pizza pan or stone would also be nice. Baking a pizza on the rack only increases the chance for a messy oven.

The director’s chairs at the bar kind of pinch the bottom of your legs, and aren’t super comfy. To me, they don’t fit the higher end design of the condo as well.

Resort Areas for Improvement:

Maybe you can’t offer this at the great price we paid, but a small sample of dish soap for dish hand washing jobs would be nice. (two packets of dishwashing detergent and a sponge were left for us).

Smokers: It was hard to enjoy our patio at times because of smokers on other patios smoking, and their ashes and smoke blowing onto our deck. I don’t know if you can make the whole property non-smoking including patios, but that sure would be nice! It’s just hard to enjoy a sunset when you’re having trouble breathing!

No Wi-Fi, just Ethernet- I was told by Resort Quest this unit had Wi-Fi. The person I booked with was probably just in a hurry and meant Ethernet cable. I know a cable is probably more secure than Wi-Fi, but I was just told one thing, and got another.

BE CAREFUL: There is a wave running company that uses the Celadon beachfront as a loading and unloading area. Whoever the company is operates very dangerously. The watercraft operators scream into the swimming public (at least they did on May 29, 2011 around 1:30), clearly not in the designated loading and unloading areas. I couldn’t believe how unsafe they were driving, and felt myself at risk while I was swimming. I have spoken to Donny and I know he’s working on getting this resolved.

Room Tip: Ask for # 2004! 20th Floor!
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank InSearchofGreatness
Jefferson, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2011

I stayed at the Celadon with 4 teenagers and was very happy with my whole experience. The pools and hot tub were clean. The beaches were not crowded as they are further down on Thomas or Front Beach and the elevators fast. My teens could drive down past Pier Park to get into some "action" while I could hang out and relax without the constant horn blowing and "hollering" that usually takes place during Spring Break. The room was beautifully decorated and clean, and the view from the 16th floor was spectacular.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
6 Thank jennascloset
ubah1, Manager at Celadon Beach Resort, responded to this review, 22 April 2011
I wanted to thank you for your kind remarks regarding your recent stay at Celadon Beach. As you noted, Celadon is away from some of the busier area of the beach, but close enough to everything to be in the middle of the action in mere moments. Again, thank you for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you again soon!
Peachtree City, Georgia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2011

This hotel presents as a top notch resort in PCB it is the worst! None of the amenties I were promised worked. I had no ICEMAKER, Two of the 3 TV did not work, Celing fans did not work, DVD player did not work to pay the "FREE" video they give u access to only until 5 oclock, toilet had issues and we waited half the day to get them fixed by maintenance who did did not correct the problem at the end of a 3 day wait on out 4 day stay. We also had a smoker smoking in his room that kept drifting over to mine and called on it several times after my hotel was full of smoke and noone did anything on the EVENING before my DEPARTURE I was finally given and standing fan to clear out the smoke and supposely compensate for the Master Fan not working.

Room Tip: Go to a SUPER 8 about the same Quality!
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
6 Thank Feliweeks
ubah1, Manager at Celadon Beach Resort, responded to this review, 15 April 2011
First, I wanted to apologize for the numerous issues that you experienced during your stay. It is our goal to insure that all of our guests have a trouble-free, relaxing stay. Again, I am sorry that this did not occur.

I have spoken with the guest service staff about your specific issues and what attempts were taken to remedy your problems. They recounted the maintenance staffs repair efforts, as well as the compensation that was offered to you since your experience was marred by our shortcomings. I have also spoken with the housekeeping staff to insure that they redouble their efforts when inspecting units prior to a guest’s arrival. Hopefully, this added bit of focus will result in them identifying many of these issues.

Again, I am so sorry that you did not enjoy your stay. The next time you visit our beautiful beaches, I hope that you will give us another opportunity to prove that what you experienced was the exception and not the rule.
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 November 2010

We just got back from a 4 day stay Celadon Beach Resort for Ironman Florida. The resort is pretty far north of the race site so wasn't great in that regard, but we liked everything else about it. We booked a 1BD/2BA condo that had "hall" bunk-beds for the kids. We were very happy to see upon arrival that the bunks were actually in a tiny separate "bedroom" with a TV/DVD and a door. We thought this was great, as we could put the kids to bed and shut their door and still be able to move around the unit without disturbing them. The master was spacious, the living area and kitchen were great and the unit had a huge balcony overlooking the beach/Gulf. The pools were great and heated to 83 degrees which was great since it was only in the 60's outside. The hot tub was awesome. The fitness center is very roomy with nice equipment. The parking was right across the street and very convenient. Overall, very nice place, very clean and everything you could want for a nice family vacation. We paid only $98 a night during the off season.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with family