“The BEST!!!”

The Reel Contender Fishing Charter
Ranked #5 of 102 Tours in Panama City Beach
More attraction details
Owner description: The Reel Contender Fishing Charter in Panama City Beach is a serious experience filled with fishing, fun and great memories. Captain David Burke has one goal, to help you, your family and friends enjoy a fishing experience that will not soon be forgotten. Our charters are perfect for everyone, from beginners to the most experienced, and can be scheduled near shore or off shore. Anglers looking for a more private, personalized experience are looking for a trip aboard the Reel Contender Charter boat.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

First, Captain Dave has the best communication I have probably even seen and I have been in business myself for years, so I am pretty hard to impress! Hats off to you on that for sure! Then, the fishing and First Mate Ron was remarkable! He made sure we all knew what we were doing at the first little stop then we headed on out to bigger and better! Four adults and two girls, 18 and 13, and we all fished until we were honestly exhausted from reeling them in!!! The two gentlemen were the greatest example of southern men! Over 135 fish in about 3 hours! Caught double that, some where not keepers and some out of season, but they were fun to reel in as well! Thanks guys for an amazing experience!! We will definitely be visiting you guys again next Panama City Vacation!

Date of experience: April 2018
Reel C, Owner at The Reel Contender Fishing Charter, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Wow, thank you for such a great review. We enjoyed our time with you as well and certainly hope to fish with you again in the future.

All reviews
in 5 reviews
"filet"
in 9 reviews

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

If your looking for a great day on the water. STOP looking! This was our first time deep sea fishing and it could not have went any better. I called Capt David and he took care of the rest. Thanks for a wonderful trip.

Date of experience: April 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We had a great time with you all and are very happy you enjoyed the trip!

Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

My family and I booked a trip and couldn’t have had more fun. Everything from the captain to the crew was awesome. Of course catching 75 fish in 2 hours was great as well! Defiantly recommend this to anyone looking to have a great fishing experience.

1  Thank Brent B
Reel C, Owner at The Reel Contender Fishing Charter, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2018

So great to have met and fished with you. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review!

Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

Awesome! Myself and a few friends went out on Captain Dave’s boat and had the best experience we could have had. We caught over 100 fish on our trip! Capt. Dave and First Mate Rob had us catching fish the entire time without a dull moment. Easily the best part of our entire week. Book The Reel Contender if you can and have a great experience you can reflect on for years to come!

Date of experience: March 2018

We really enjoyed fishing with you all and are so glad that you had a great time. Thanks for the review!

See more reviews
Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

My husband, myself and our 3 boys fished yesterday with Captain Dave and First Mate Ron and let me tell you, we couldn't reel the fish in fast enough! My boys love to fish back home and I booked this trip so they could experience fishing in the ocean, thinking that each of us might catch a few fish but was I surprised! We brought back 77 fish, maxing out our limit on 2 fish! I booked 5 hours, which I feel like is a good amount of time since you travel pretty far out. Captain Dave also finds the best fishing spots. If the fish seemed to slow down biting, even a little bit, we'd reel in and the Captain would find us another sweet spot. First Mate Ron was absolutely wonderful and works really hard ensuring everyone is having a great fishing experience. You simply drop your line in the water and reel 'em in. Ron will bait your line and take the fish off. I would definitely recommend The Reel Contender and look forward to booking again. Thanks Captain Dave and First Mate Ron!

Date of experience: March 2018

Thank you so much for such an amazing review! We enjoyed fishing with your family and definitely look forward to hopefully having you fish with us again in the future.