“We will be back”

We can't find prices for this hotel
The Sandpiper Beacon Beach Resort
Ranked #6 of 48 Hotels in Panama City Beach
Reviewed 9 September 2017

We had a great time. We will be back. Everything is right there. Everyone was very nice. The beach was clean. Tiki bar was lots of fun. Pools were nice and clean. Just need a price list of what things cost to rent. Great place

Room Tip: More towels. Offer coffee for the rooms when checking in.
Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (2,129)

Reviewed 8 September 2017

We enjoyed every minute of our stay. Room was very comfortable and had everything we needed (suite), and all the accommodations were perfect for a week long stay. We loved spending time in the Tiki Lounge every night. On site grills helped save money too.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 September 2017

Had a wonderful time. Staff was nice and courteous. Pools were lots of fun. Tiki bar next to the beach had some good drink specials. Will recommend this hotel to friends and family for their next trip to Panama City Beach.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 September 2017

Friendly staff, clean, many things to do,so you never have to leave the resort. Family fun at the tiki bar, several pools, great price, quieter side of the beach, but there are a few places to eat and a grocery store near by.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

We stayed in room 212 for a few days starting 9/4. Everyone in the lobby was very nice and accommodating. I love that they have special events planned for families. It's conveniently located in a non busy section of the beach. My son enjoyed the mini golf and the playground. The views were spectacular (though we have decided that we'd rather stay where the views are less encumbered with palm trees and pergola roofs). There are several pools.

Ok, with that being said, let me tell you why we won't be staying here again. And let me be clear, I don't mind slightly outdated resorts that were probably glorious 30 years ago, but are now mostly nostalgic. The whole place smells of mildew. As soon as you walk in the lobby you can smell it. The entire place, from the facade to the interior could use a good scrubbing or dousing with bleach, and then a paint job. The inside pool area was just kind of gross. You could see mildew all over, from the metal beams, to the ceiling tiles. I have never wished I could smell chlorine so badly in my life, alas, it's just the smell of mildew. We had an oceanfront, two room suite (the sleeps 8 configuration). The room was carpeted. Maybe that doesnt bother most people, but at the beach it just seems like a vad idea. Like it's the perfect surface to sponge up excess water and sand. Again with the mildew. Our bathroom could have used some tlc. There was a layer of grime/dirt/dust all along the base board. When we fiest arrived and were unpacking a few of the cabinet doors were sticky? Whhhyyy??? I often felt like I needed to take a shower or wash my hands after touching some of the stuff at this resort. We discovered our first morning that our sink didnt drain (when my husband went down to get ice he heard another lady complaining about the same thing. Maybe it's a common problem). Our last night there I attempted to turn on the tv in the living room to see if there were any new developments on the hurricane situation only to find the tv didn't work. Now, this place is ridiculously cheap so I didn't feel like complaining about the tv and sink was really worth my time. You might feel differently.
It's a shame that it is so poorly maintained, because it seems like it could be great. The tiki bar and all the swings/hammocks lead me to believe that at some point in time someone cared about this place.
Oh, and there were approximately 6 stray cats living on the resort. My son and I thought they were adorable and we enjoyed watching them. My husband was a little grossed out after he saw one using the sand in the playground as a litter box.
This could be a nicr place. It has a lot of potential. And the workers really are all super nice. This trip has made us realize that we much prefer condos and staying on Thomas Drive though, so I doubt we will be back. If you don't mind the ever present scent of mildew though, this place is for you!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family