“Another great vacation”

We can't find prices for this hotel
The Sandpiper Beacon Beach Resort
Ranked #6 of 48 Hotels in Panama City Beach
Reviewed 4 November 2015

Great stay during bike week. Requested a ground floor unit and got exactly what we wanted and more. Staff very helpful, I left checkbook in our safe in room, didn't realize it until next day. Called them they went immediately checked the room and called me back within 5 minutes ,mailed my check book they paid the postage and I had my book within 2 days . Another thing I like housekeeping cleaned our room everyday and always leaving nice clean towels. You can have a great room with kitchen and more and not pay a security deposit and have to worry about cleaning your room when checking out. As with most condos you are charged with cleaning fees and more you don't have to worry about that here. Older resort but clean and has everything we wanted. Won't stay anywhere else but here,Thanks again Sandpiper for our great vacation.

Room Tip: Ground floors with beach view are great.
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled with family
4  Thank williwnsrn
Write a ReviewReviews (2,117)

Reviewed 22 October 2015

I was traveling with my two kids, 9 yo and 8 yo, and to start I have to say that they loved this place, because there is so much for them to do. On the other hand I have to agree with many reviews, this whole building could use some repairs, renovations, updates and care. (for example I could see a hole in the wall by the yellow slide pool, I don´t think repairing it would cost much)

We stayed during 3 nights, (early Oct. 2015), room 300, our room was clean, and had plenty towels, altough if you want the "big" beach towels you have to go to the front desk, sign for them, and return them there.

When I booked I was told that the room has no view, when we got there surprise, surprise, even thougth the room is located on a corner of the building, you can still see the ocean thru the glass door and you still have a great view from the balcony. Great location to see the sundown. The whole hotel has no view of the sunrise over the sea, but you can see the beatiful sundown (from your balcony or there is planty swings facing the beach on the property, or there is also a pair of hammocks on one of the volleyball fields (there is two by the way) that I think would be super comfy)

This place has 3 heated POOLS, one of them with a slide that my kids loved, outdoors, facing the street; one indoors with a tiny slide (we didn´t use this one that much) and located by a LAZY RIVER, and other outdoors by the TIKY BAR (which I didn´t visit), and what looked like a sunbathing platform and blocked the ocean view trom the pool, also by the HOT TUB.

There is also a mini golf, It´s free with your stay, me and my kids did it and they had fun. There is also a fenced playground in between the volleyball fields, very basic, my kids used them once not for too long, it´s probably a good fit for kids younger than 9, my kids probably didn´t play on it for so long because they love water... and they rather be on it....

They also have a green space where they do activities for the guests, (don´t know if it was because of the dates or if this an all the time thing), one day they had an inflatable water slide (which we didn´t use because we thought it was a every day thing, only to find out it isn´t. This activities are listed behind the map they give you with the location of your room after check in, (I left it in the car, and didn´t see it ´till it was too late, but it would be nice if while they give it to you they mention it), so make sure you check your map. And other day they had a movie night.... which we figure it out because this green space is located by this rooms balcony, so we saw the big inflatable screen and asked, free popcorn was provided.

There were some lounge beach chairs with an included umbrella, I assumed they were for this properties guests, I was approached by a guy saying that they were rentals. I believe the price was $30 (someone using them told me) and I assume this price is for the pair of chairs.

The Pier is relatively close, if you enjoy walking it´s around 1.5 miles away; great place for fishing.

Right at the beach, and free WiFi (not the best one after 6-7 when there is more people around, but is free so...)

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank chapina_colocha
Reviewed 21 October 2015

I took my family of four (two kids ages 14 and 12) to Sandpiper for a four night stay over a Fall Break weekend. I had done a fair amount of research, and I was aware that some folks had said that the rooms were at times dirty. This was definitely not the case for our room. We got a pretty basic room. A "motel" style room facing Front Beach Road that had a king sized bed and bunk beds. The room was VERY clean. The carpet was well vacuumed and the bathroom was spotless. The shower and sink worked fine, and I like the fact that the bathroom and the room had a lot of cabinet space where we could put our stuff down. The room had a mini-fridge and a microwave, which came in handy for heating up leftovers, cereal for breakfast, etc.

The bunk beds worked well for the the kids, and there was an additional closet with a room safe (although we never used the safe). There was not a chair in the room, which I thought was a bit odd. It is my understanding that there is quite a bit of variety of room types you can book, so you probably want to research the Sandpiper and plan accordingly.

There was some amount of noise the first couple of nights--kids running down the corridor and the like. However, the noise died down by 11 or so. Plus, after full days at the beach, we were so tired we did not notice most of the time anyway.

The location is great. Right on the beach, which is a fantastic clear-water, calm ocean experience. We saw dophins off shore swimming around, and it was nice to see the botton of the ocean. Bring goggles or a scuba mask--you can have a pretty good time just swimming around that part of the Gulf.

There is a restaurant right across from the hotel. We had a good breakfast there the first morning. Pier Park is close by, although it would most likely be too tough to walk it. You're better off driving. I do recommend checking out Pier Park. Also, Diego's for burritos--just a little farther down Front Beach Road from Pier Park.

I did get a drink from the "Tiki Bar" but it was a little too much of a "fruity beach drink" for me. They did have a full bar there, though, with daily specials. Lots of kids activities and karaoke--lots of TV screens for games. A true "beachside bar."

I think the best feature of the Sandipiper is they do take advantage of the location to give it a beach feel all across the back of the hotel (the side facing the Gulf). They have lots of tables with shade, the Tiki Bar, chairs on the beach for rent (with shade umbrellas) at reasonable rates. Sand volleyball courts and a mini-golf area. The hot tub was HOT but that came in handy for the colder October days.

I would definitely stay here again. I would probably look into one of the "suite" options for a longer stay. The prices were reasonable and the desk staff were attentive and extremely courteous and helpful.

Stayed: October 2015
2  Thank MeGusta H
Reviewed 20 October 2015

We stayed Labor Day weekend 2015, but we have been going to the Sandpipper Beacon Beach Resort for more than 20 years & we love it!! The staff is always accommodating to whatever we need & there are so many fun things to do. This is a family oriented resort with lots to do for the kids. The Beach grill has great food too. We also have our favorite rooms depending on how many of the family tags along. Can't wait to go back!!

Stayed: September 2015
1  Thank Vickie731
Reviewed 16 October 2015

There's something, "homey", about this place. It's not ultra fancy or high rise, but it is on the beach with guest parking across the street. The staff is very friendly and welcoming to the guests. I guess due to the atmosphere I've found that the guests at this resort happen to be a little more friendly. There are rooms right on the beach and some that face the street. There are a range of activities which you may or may not want to partake. The Coconut's restaurant is open for breakfast, lunch, dinner and late drinks and meals. The waitstaff there is just as pleasant as the others on the property. There's also the Tiki if you don't want to venture off the property. A good place to enjoy the sand and surf.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple