“Big Bugs,Falling Ceilings & Rude Staff... At least the kids had fun”

We can't find prices for this hotel
The Sandpiper Beacon Beach Resort
Ranked #5 of 48 Hotels in Panama City Beach
Reviewed 11 July 2012

AT LEAST READ FIRST BEFORE GOING
This was last years vacation spot. We requested 2 joint rooms beach front ground level due to having an elderly guest and 1yr old. First night there My 92 great grandmother 72yr grandmother and my mother (arrived 1 day prior than us) were given a room on upper floor with NO AIR CONDITIONING in August. When management was notified they were told they would have someone fix the unit or be relocated to another room. Well... after a day in the heat they were relocated to another room around 8pm. My mother and grand-mother were sitting in the kitchen area great grandmother on the bed when my mother noticed a growing crack in the ceiling. She ask my grandmother to come away from area. Once they were able to get her off the bed and into the kitchen area literally the CEILING FELL IN. HELLO!!!! Management was very rude about this acting as if it were no big deal and that the reason was because someone forgot the bath water was running and flooded the room above. Once again relocated to another room. Hey at least this one was where we requested but only 1 room the 2nd wasnt available even though we had paid for it. My family arrived at approximately 2am ready for bed and had to sleep on the nasty floor in our 1 room with 1 bed with at total of 7 ppl. When I, who made the reservations, went to speak to the manager boy was he RUDE. He stated that I was only making a scene and ( I ask for a refund for the room that wasnt available the previous night.) because other guest were checking in, refused to speak of the situation and had security remove me from the lobby without even giving me the chance to leave on my own. I never recieved a refund. Although they did give my grandmothers and my mothers gift certificate to the tiki bar the previous night for $15. Im guessing they thought this would calm their nerves from having the ceiling fall in. Now how many 92 yrs do you see running around a resort drinking????? Anyways, there are roaches that seemed to have found the mircale grow all in the room. I couldnt sleep for fear of one crawling on me. Other than this my kids had a blast with all of the activities available to them. At least when they held to the schedule given to us. Most activities were last min and we found them going on by accident. Other than the all the complications our family made the best of it and had a great time together. This could really be a nice place if there were nicer staff available. I know things happen and are uncontrollable, but a little concern or an apology would have went a long way with my family. I hope your vacation is better.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
5  Thank Daniel630
SandpiperBeacon, Manager at The Sandpiper Beacon Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2016

We apologize for such a late response to your feedback. 4 years have now passed since you visited us, and we have been continually making changes and improvements since then. We are deeply sorry that you didn't enjoy your last stay more. We'd like to invite you to visit us again. We're confident that you'll be pleasantly surprised. Thank you for your feedback, it helped us improve.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,129)

Reviewed 10 July 2012

We have been coming to the sandpiper since my daughter was born 16 yrs ago and use to have a nice stay. It seems as the years go by the hotel has taken a nosedive not only in appeal but service and cleanliness as well. We always enjoyed the activities for the kids but lately they seem old and dated or in repair. The rooms look almost the same as they did on our first trip to the hotel. The rooms now are nasty and unclean. Sure if you like seeing teenagers running around doing all kinds of stuff they shouldn't be this is your place. If you are looking for a family oriented place to have a quality vacation this is definitely NOT the place you want to be. This place has changed and not for the better and for the price you have to pay this place should be top class not last in class which is where it lands on my list. I can say I have good memories at sandpiper and the ones I have are the ones I will keep because there will be no more made there.

• Stayed: August 2011
2  Thank Bigdaddy71100

We apologize for such a late response to your feedback. 4 years have now passed since you visited us, and we have been continually making changes and improvements since then. We are deeply sorry that you didn't enjoy your last stay more. We'd like to invite you and your family to visit us again. We're confident that you'll be pleasantly surprised, and make more happy memories with us. Thank you for your feedback, it helped us improve.

Reviewed 10 July 2012

Great beach location. The rooms and the property amenities were very nice. Though the rooms were seemingly overpriced $300 plus per night for a suite (accomodated 8 people), it was well worth the money. Keep in mind that the hotel would likely classify as a 2 to 2.5 star. Otherwise, the beach and the location was well worth the cost.

Reviewed 9 July 2012

We made a last minute decision to go to Panama City Beach and planned to just find a hotel once we got there. We had a recommendation from a friend to stay at the Sandpiper Beacon. It was more than we planned to spend for a last minute getaway but this place had everything we needed on site. I was greeted by Keri at the front desk, which was busy but she was amazingly friendly and helped me decide on upgrading to a nicer, gulf front room. Our room was very clean and the view was amazing. There was a weird smell but I travel with small travel candles so it helped. Everything we needed was on the property. They have activites planned for the kids throughout the week. Family friendly karaoke was a hit with a bunch of people the night we were there. There's a grocery store, ice cream shop and a gift shop with all the beach needs. There are even little tiki bars for your big people drinks too. They have a bar at night too but we didn't take advantage of it this time. We really enjoyed our stay and plan to come back again. One of the main reasons was because of the service. Everyone we encountered was beyond helpful.

2  Thank headedtoTX
Reviewed 9 July 2012

The Sandpiper Beacon Beach Resort is the best play for all ages! You have alot of fun. You dont really have to leave the hotel unless you wanna go to pier park or something! The Sandpiper always has stuff going on for the kids! Volleyball tournaments,Inflatable Slides,Glitter Tattos,Putt Putt Golf,Big Yellow Slide,Balloon Art,Playground on the beach, Beach Activites and Contests on so on! Everybody in your family will love it! I know we sure did! The best part of it is that if its raining they have a indoor lazy river and swimming pool! What i say! You always have aomethig to do in any kind of weather! Also The Sandpiper Deli has some very delicous food!! We ate there everyday almost for breakfast and lunch. Thats why its called the "FUN" place!
I would recomend for you and your family/friends to stay here and have fun beach memories together!! :)

2  Thank emstidwell42