Laketown Wharf Resort
USD 356
HolidayInn.com
USD 388
  • Breakfast included
La Quinta Inn & Suites PCB Pier Park Area(Panama City Beach)(Great Value!)
USD 146
Beachcomber By The Sea(Panama City Beach)(Great Value!)
USD 302
Marriott's Legends Edge at Bay Point(Panama City Beach)
USD 368
Marriott
Beachside Resort Panama City Beach(Panama City Beach)(Great Value!)
USD 335
Comfort Suites Panama City Beach(Panama City Beach)(Great Value!)
USD 191
ComfortSuites
USD 259
Hampton.com
Aqua View Motel(Panama City Beach)
USD 147
All reviewslight showpineapplewater showfamily poollake townacross the streetfive poolsrooftop poolbunk bedsbedroom condoparking deckshort walk to the beachthree bedroomother resortsdish soapmaster bathup to date
Reviewed 12 March 2012

3 of my friends and I have just returned from a week stay at Laketown Wharf. This was our 2nd stay on this property. We loved it although it cost us a pretty penny. The elevators were slower than slow this time around because of all the spring breakers. At times the elevators wouldn't even come. The check-in/out process was fast and smooth. They make you wear these red armbands to identify you as a guest (I'm guessing this is a spring break policy since we didn't have to wear them last August). This made us feel safe. We didn't have any problems with anything in our room, but I'm sure if we did it would have been handled immediately. There was always some activity going on down by the main pool everyday. Also, if you're planning to stay here for your spring break there is a $500 damage deposit you have to pay, but if you don't break anything you get it back after you check-out. Please listen when they tell you not to throw/drop things from your balcony. We saw two groups get put out for doing so. We will more than likely be back this summer.

Room Tip: Request to be up high...the view is amazing! We were on the 18th floor and loved it.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
4  Thank shaunab90
Reviewed 23 February 2012

My husband and I went to Laketown Wharf for a mini-vacation. We absolutely loved it! The condo was decorated very tastefully and fully equipped. The location was terrific. You are walking distance to Walmart, Ripley's Believe it or Not, Wonderworks, several different Putt-Putt places, and Pineapple Willy's is across the street, so who needs to drive once you get there!

From the sounds of it, there was a Meth Lab incident during our visit. We NEVER knew! All I can say is that it is not the fault of Laketown Wharf and they must have been on the ball with the clean up. Because we never knew or even suspected something happened.

Even after hearing this...I would definitely return and stay there again. Actually I'm already planning another visit for the summer.

Room Tip: Get a room above the tenth floor for a better view of the Gulf.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank rjwilliams65
Reviewed 23 December 2011

5 pools lake front great view of the Beach from the balcony, light shows at night. I loooved this place and well return.

• Stayed: December 2011
1  Thank kdjonez
Reviewed 30 November 2011

Wow, was this a place to spend Thanksgiving. Did not have to interact with staff much as youngest daughter lives here, but everything was excellent. Clean rooms, very well stocked , right down to a corkscrew and the grounds were well maintained, and secure!
They even had us on the beach side so we could sit on the large balcony with a bottle of wine and watch the sunset at night. Made it feel like we were really on vacation.
If you are traveling to this area, this is the place to stay.

Room Tip: Ask for the "beach view side in the middle. That way you can see the Fountain Light show from you B/R window
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank travelnut
Reviewed 17 November 2011

My family stayed at the Laketown Wharf Resort for the annual Ironman Florida race. The Laketown Wharf far exceeded my expectations. The rooms were clean, spacious, and well appointed, we had a beautiful water view, and were conveniently located near all of the race activities as well as the beach (across the street) and shopping venues we needed (e.g., Wal-Mart). For the price, I don't know why anyone would stay anywhere else for Ironman Florida. The one downside is the size. This place is gigantic, on a scale I haven't seen outside of Las Vegas. When I forgot to bring towels to the pool (they ask that you not bring the room towels to the pool but don't actually provide towels at the pool - go figure), it took me over 15 minutes to go back to the room, get the towels and make it back to the pool. When we needed a new code for the door to our room, I had to make a 15 minute trek to the front desk to get the code. Most of the delay is caused by the elevators (there aren't enough of them and they go slowly) and the fact that the hotel was overwhelmed with Ironman athletes (they all need to go to the same places at the same times). Overall, it was a great place to stay and we had a wonderful time.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family