“Fun n the Sun”

Shipwreck Island Waterpark
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Plunge, ride, whirl, dunk, swim - whew! At the end of your day at Shipwreck Island, you'll be exhilarated, exhausted and soaked. Visit our tropical themed water park in Panama City Beach, Florida. Find us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Snapchat.
Reviewed 27 August 2018

Lazy river, wave pool and cool concoctions make this place a wonderful place to relax. Try Muy Wayne O's for a Great meal afterwards, u won't b disappointed!

All reviews
"rapids"
"ride"
in 52 reviews

Reviewed 24 August 2018

It is a fairly compact water park and it was super easy to walk around on level ground - which was a bonus for the less mobile in our party. The lazy river has a really good flow to it and it's really long, so that was one of the best 'rides'. The family slide (White Knuckle River) is really good and the other tube slides are fun, too, although you have to get pushed along by lifeguards in the Raging Rapids because so often you get stuck in the whirlpools. The toboggan slides are nice and fast. The Great Shipwreck, where you get to drop into the pool from a zip line was so different than any other park - I really liked that. The food is typical theme park fare and there are long lines at lunch time, but there are plenty of places to sit and eat and loads of tables and chairs for lounging. You have to bring cash to rent lockers, though, which is not very convenient. They do have the cashless system wristband for all other park expenses (food and shops), which is nice, but I wish we could have put the locker rental on that. There's lots of shade and they have many of the walking areas and ride ramps covered in astroturf or carpeted, so you only get burned feet on a few of the sidewalk areas. I did ask for a plain cup of water, however, and they will not give you one, which is unusual, as all the theme parks I've ever been to will give you a cup of water for free. A small thing, but something I noticed. Overall, a good park with lots to do.

Reviewed 22 August 2018 via mobile

I brought 3 teenagers (19, 18, 15) myself and my older friend who is 72. Wanted something to do other then the beach and this seemed like fun. Found the price very reasonable. The day we went it wasn't crowded at all we were able to get great seats at a perfect location. I was impressed by how clean the park was. The teenagers found lots of things to do and were able to repeatedly get on slides without much wait. Myself and my friend were interested in the lazy river I did this most of the day very relaxing. My friend had hurt her leg the day before so after a bit in the lazy river I helped her get out and she sat on our chairs there. After a little while with me in the lazy river again I got out to check on her. She moved where the rest rooms were cause it was covered and more shaded. She had her chair and her leg propped on the fence. When I asked if she was good she was but told me she had numerous staff come over to her to make sure was ok and offered her water, not just one employee but everyone that passed her stopped. I couldn't have been more impressed by this sometimes getting one employee to help or notice you anywhere is challenging but here they were all definitely there for their guest and couldn't have been more friendly. Customer service is super important and your staff this day were amazing!!! They also have a variety of food and drinks also very reasonably priced. Definitely worth a visit and we will be back next year

will_lark, Owner at Shipwreck Island Waterpark, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2018

Thanks so much for your review! We strive for perfection and are very proud we were able to give you a great experience!

Reviewed 21 August 2018 via mobile

Just wanted to let everyone know that this is the best and friendly water park we have visited. There are lots of rides and the best wave pool and lazy river. The boys enjoyed themselves

will_lark, Owner at Shipwreck Island Waterpark, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2018

Thanks and please come back!