Open today: Closed

from USD 52.43
from USD 25.00
from USD 99.00
More Info
All reviews wave pool great water park all ages zip line kiddie pools white knuckle season pass shaded areas whole family year olds kids and adults lots of fun little pricey lockers parks rapids ride
Reviewed 2 October 2018

Very nice selection of souvenirs to choose from. Was disappointed they closed before time that was posted on door, but other than that a pleasant experience.

Reviewed 14 September 2018

Yes its older. Yes other parks have bigger slides and wilder rides. However Shipwreck is legendary. The staff is nice and helpful. The slides are fun for both kids and adults. Not too crowded either.

Reviewed 10 September 2018

My 2 year old daughter enjoyed the tadpole hole area. It was a great stop on our PCB weekend. Highly recommend

Reviewed 10 September 2018

.... a Lazy River Lacking Imagination.

As a water attraction , it is difficult to compete against the beach of the Gulf of Mexico close by but Shipwreck Island Waterpark holds its own.

What's not to like? There is free parking, a reasonable entry fee, concessions which are not exorbitantly priced, lots of tables with umbrellas, and, for a small-ish park, plenty of water attractions to keep a person entertained.

I like this park. I attended the last day of the season. It was a warm day with scattered clouds. Tropical Storm Gordon was coming but it wasn't here just yet. I thought the park busy but not over-crowded on this day which lent to an enjoyable experience.

I won't go into details about the rides themselves which one can read in other reviews or by visiting the web site. They were fun.

Where the park misses out on 5 stars is the thoroughly unimaginative lazy river and the no-action wave pool. The Lazy River had decent current, but that was it. No buckets of waters tumbling down on the course onto the tubers, no water jets squirting out, no whirlpool eddies or small rapids. No nothing except a meandering course. I was bored half-way through and nearly got out of my tube to walk the rest of the course to get out. This one put the L-A-Z-Y in lazy river.

The other major miss was the Wave Pool. I think maybe the interval between the running of the wave machine was about 20 minutes! Twenty Minutes!!? C'Mon. That is an eternity to wait. And! The waves themselves were not much more than gentle swells. I get the need for safety but this by far the most tedious wave pool I have ever been in.

For comparison's sake, I went to a a family gathering in Coeur D'Arlene, Idaho about two weeks earlier, attending an aunt's 80th birthday celebration. My family took a day to visit the nearby amusement park / water park, Silverwood. The wave pool there ran about about every three minutes it seemed. The wave action was what one would expect too - waves. That 3 minute-ish interval may have been too fast or unnecessary but waiting 20 minutes for the Shipwreck Island wave pool to begin its next cycle is a small cheat to its customers.

Reviewed 28 August 2018 via mobile

I was concerned taking my 4 and 2 year old but there was plenty for them to do. It was a great day for the family.

Reviewed 28 August 2018 via mobile

Great times had by 3 families with 5 kids under 10 (all 48” tall though). This was our 4th water park we visited this year from Ohio, to Tennessee, to Georgia. Nice variety of slides and concepts. Staff was polite and present. Felt safe letting the kids explore on their own using the buddy system. Well done Shipwreck island! Only negative, since we got there as it was opening there was a line to get in, since there was no line for online tickets, we quickly purchased via our phone, but when you go to the “online” line, they reference a “printed list” and of course we were not on it. A manager was quickly found and we were waved in!

Reviewed 27 August 2018

This water park is not huge but it has some good quality slides and water features. We went there to change from the beach and spend a very good day. The park and water were very clean, with a lot of food options (and food was actually pretty good for a water park). The staff there was very nice and helpful. It is not very big so you can go easily from one part to another. It was middle of July when we went and it was not too busy. The most we waited for a slide was about 10 minutes (and that was only one slide) most of the time there were almost no wait at all. Prices were very reasonable for the water park and it includes tubes for all the parks activities that will need them. They offer lockers for a fee (reasonably priced). They have a lot of shaded areas too and made sure to wet the grounds regularly when they were in full sun so you did not get burned. Overall it was a good family entertainment. They had water activities from the very little (toddlers have a full area in the park) to the adults. We have a 4, a 6, and a 9 years old and everyone had a blast. My only regret (and I was quickly over it) was that they do not allow the tubes on the wave pool.

1  Thank Seb_In_Kansas
Reviewed 27 August 2018

Lazy river, wave pool and cool concoctions make this place a wonderful place to relax. Try Muy Wayne O's for a Great meal afterwards, u won't b disappointed!

Reviewed 24 August 2018

It is a fairly compact water park and it was super easy to walk around on level ground - which was a bonus for the less mobile in our party. The lazy river has a really good flow to it and it's really long, so that was one of the best 'rides'. The family slide (White Knuckle River) is really good and the other tube slides are fun, too, although you have to get pushed along by lifeguards in the Raging Rapids because so often you get stuck in the whirlpools. The toboggan slides are nice and fast. The Great Shipwreck, where you get to drop into the pool from a zip line was so different than any other park - I really liked that. The food is typical theme park fare and there are long lines at lunch time, but there are plenty of places to sit and eat and loads of tables and chairs for lounging. You have to bring cash to rent lockers, though, which is not very convenient. They do have the cashless system wristband for all other park expenses (food and shops), which is nice, but I wish we could have put the locker rental on that. There's lots of shade and they have many of the walking areas and ride ramps covered in astroturf or carpeted, so you only get burned feet on a few of the sidewalk areas. I did ask for a plain cup of water, however, and they will not give you one, which is unusual, as all the theme parks I've ever been to will give you a cup of water for free. A small thing, but something I noticed. Overall, a good park with lots to do.

Reviewed 22 August 2018 via mobile

I brought 3 teenagers (19, 18, 15) myself and my older friend who is 72. Wanted something to do other then the beach and this seemed like fun. Found the price very reasonable. The day we went it wasn't crowded at all we were able to get great seats at a perfect location. I was impressed by how clean the park was. The teenagers found lots of things to do and were able to repeatedly get on slides without much wait. Myself and my friend were interested in the lazy river I did this most of the day very relaxing. My friend had hurt her leg the day before so after a bit in the lazy river I helped her get out and she sat on our chairs there. After a little while with me in the lazy river again I got out to check on her. She moved where the rest rooms were cause it was covered and more shaded. She had her chair and her leg propped on the fence. When I asked if she was good she was but told me she had numerous staff come over to her to make sure was ok and offered her water, not just one employee but everyone that passed her stopped. I couldn't have been more impressed by this sometimes getting one employee to help or notice you anywhere is challenging but here they were all definitely there for their guest and couldn't have been more friendly. Customer service is super important and your staff this day were amazing!!! They also have a variety of food and drinks also very reasonably priced. Definitely worth a visit and we will be back next year

will_lark, Owner at Shipwreck Island Waterpark, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2018

Thanks so much for your review! We strive for perfection and are very proud we were able to give you a great experience!