“Excellent”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Takeout
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Best oysters, raw & cooked! It’s worth the wait! No view and very small place but wonderful! This place is a must anytime we are in town.

Date of visit: April 2018
Write a ReviewReviews (1,474)

Reviewed 5 April 2018

My friend recommended this place, and let me know it was a small place. Oh my gosh! The food was wonderful! I had the grouper sandwich, and my husband had gator, and mussels. Oh how could I forget, the fried mushrooms are the best! Don't let this little place fool you! They have some of the most freshest, and best cooked seafood around!

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

When we first started coming to Panama City, this was our to go place for Oysters. But no more...the last time (and I mean the last time) we went, I was told the wait was 45 minutes. I get it, very busy. Can I have a beer at the bar? No, only if you order food. K, can I order a beer and drink it on the bench? No. Can you call us when our table is ready so we can walk around? No. Too busy, you’ll lose your place when I call you.
Can I find a better place up the street? Yes.
It’s called Salty Hog....it’s just around the corner, on the water, and they really appreciate your business!

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

I am not sure why this place rates so highly. I enjoyed the atmosphere which is basically a dive bar. The wait was somewhat long and outdoors only. We were able to bring a pitcher of beer outside to enjoy while we waited. Beer choices are slim. We did get 2 varieties of baked oysters which were very good. However, most of the food choices, entrees and sides, were fried. I did get some grilled grouper. It was ok. There wasn’t much seasoning on it. We asked about the vegetable sides and our waitress did not recommend them since the veggies were frozen and the green beans were canned. Overall, it was just ok.

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

I had quite a few friends recommended Hunt's while my family was in PCB. We had to wait maybe 45 minutes on a Friday night but it was well worth it. I always like to eat fresh oysters while visiting and had eaten some at another local restaurant a few nights before and was disappointed. Hunt's oysters were by far better. Their grilled Grouper... Oh my!! I would like to go back right now for more of both. This will definitely be a must on our future trips to PCB.