“Overwhelming Smell of Smoke/ Horrible Housekeeping”
Review of Ramada Panama City

Ramada Panama City
Ranked #25 of 31 Hotels in Panama City
Reviewed 12 April 2012

I knew we were in troule when we steeped off the elevator on the 4th floor and was overcome with the smell of cigarette smoke. The room (which was suppose to be non-smoking) had an odd neutral smell like there was something covering up another smell......Spent the day on the beach....came back around 6:30 pm-- the room had not been cleaned. Of course housekeeping came by at 7:00 pm and told us they needed to clean the room.....we told them we were headed out to dinner to come back in 15 minutes.....they refused. Each night as we were coming in and out of the hotel there were people hollering and fighting just on the other side of the parking lot fence....did not feel safe. The rooms were cheap....the service was non-existent, the smell was awful. The worst Ramada property I have ever stayed at!

Room Tip: Stay across the street at the EconoLodge. Don't eat at the Omelet House next door....only tak...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 1 April 2012

My husband and I recently stayed one night at this hotel on a trip to Panama City Beach. Check-in was very smooth, room appeared clean at first glance. However, the towels were dirty, not stained just dirty. When I pulled the blanket back to look at the bed I found a huge wad of hair. We aren't one to complain, but this was disgusting. So we complained to the front desk and got moved to a new room. New room was free of hair in the bed however the carpet was so dirty, I would not walk without shoes on. The bed was hard as a rock, and I understand some people like that but it wasn't comfortable at all. The walls were thin as you could hear the tv in the room next door. Overall, we were very disappointed in our room and very thankful it was just one night. I would not recommend this place to anyone. It takes a lot for my husband and I to complain our stay, but this place was ridiculous.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 March 2012

I recently traveled to Panama City for a weekend getaway,Tried to choose a Hotel with good ratings and within a close range to the Beach.So I picked Ramada It's a pretty good Hotel,but not as good as I thought it would be.first I picked a Non-Smoking room and when I walked to my room I not only smelt smoke coming from the room 2 doors down from me, but it was marijuana (I really hate this smell) How was they able to smoke this stuff on a non-smoking floor not to mention it's illegal?....also there was no toilet tissue So I went out and bought some,No soap/shampoo..The girls 2 doors down were out in the hallway from 11:30 to about 12:15 talking loud,The Breakfast is okay not all that bagels bread items seemed to be Old,So I didn't eat drank OJ and had some yogurt,Then to top it all off the day I was to check-out I removed my linen from the bed as I always do when I check out (to make it easier for housekeeping to put CLEAN linen on the bed,it's a habit) But WOW! what I saw on the bed sheets? (BLOOD) I immediately felt sick and mad to know that I slept on bloody sheets (Did house keeping not change this prior to my checking in? why would they put something like this on the bed?) I feel like I was cheated out of my money....The hotel was in close distance to the beach and shopping and eating places that's the only GOOD thing I can say,Well the young lady who checked me in was Very friendly and Helpful I must say (She was awesome in telling me of different places to visit) but the other employees that I came in contact with just seemed Anti-social like they didn't want to be bothered.It's an okay place to stay but not the best...Oh I have have pics of those nasty sheets.The room was nice other than the issues stated above.

Room Tip: Don't get a room close to elevator,make sure your room has enough toilet paper,shampoo/soap
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 March 2012

Me and five girlfriends went to PCB for spring break. The place is good for what youre paying but it wasnt located close to front beach where all the spring breakers are. There were no shower caps or shampoo/conditioner. The free breakfast was pretty good too. Had to wait for housekeeping to check out our room in order to check out which was a bit inconvenient.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed 2 March 2012

Had to come down to Panama City for Business. This Hotel was Nice. Rooms were clean and the Hotel is near the Beach. Also close to the Beach row on Panama City Beach.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business