Fisheating Creek Campground
TripAdvisor
Clewiston Inn(Clewiston)
USD 80
TripAdvisor
All reviewscamp storerope swingfisheating creekfire pitspanish mosstravel traileroutpostalligatorslasalleflorida
Reviewed 23 February 2016

We just spent 3 days at fisheating creek and had a fantastic time. It was one of the best kayaking trips we have taken in Florida. We arrived on Saturday, the place was packed. Lots of families, dogs, noise. Our site was L-5, on the lake, away from the crowds. Very relaxing and quiet, even though the park was full. If you kayak, have them drop you upstream and paddle back to camp. Go early in the morning (9 am). We basically had the river to ourselves on Sunday. Beautiful scenery, tons of gators and birds, no houses, no people. When we returned around 2 pm, the park was deserted. We were the only campers on the lake Sunday night. We were told if you are there Sunday through Wednesday nights you have the place to yourself. The only reason for four out of five rating, the bathrooms were disgusting on Saturday. But the place was mobbed. Sunday and Monday the bathrooms were spotless. We will be back (during the week)

Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tom D
Reviewed 6 January 2016

When I made my reservations, I had specified to CHRIS that it was for 1 night stay. I was never told that there was a minimum of 3 nights on a holiday weekend. Apparently I was an exception for 2 nights. HAHA- While checking out on Sunday, the couple in front of me were complaining that they had been charged for an extra night.They would not refund me the extra night that was charged to my account.
This must be normal business etiquette for them to charge you extra.

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank Aileen V
Reviewed 6 November 2015 via mobile

We went for the Halloween weekend and we were please with the friendliness of the staff. Brittany and Chris were very nice and professional. We ran out of gas and Brook, the manager even assisted us with 5 gal of fuel. We stayed at P-1 were water and electricity is available. Wifi was able to be pick up at that particular campsite. Karaoke night was the highlight of our stay. The little store had a little bit of everything at reasonable prices but no beer or wine:( . The lake is beautiful and so is the river campsites but no water or electricity at those campsites. Clean restrooms with hot showers. Our campsite did not had cooking grill but we manage by re-arranging the fire wood. Overall, it was an amazing family experience. My girls love it and we will be back soon.

Stayed: October 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Amadeus M
Reviewed 27 July 2015

We have been coming here, to Fish Eating Creek, with all the kids every summer. It was always nice, then. This stay was horrible, the bathrooms we're filthy-I could clean it properly in 20mins. The grill pits were just all about non-useable- we had to go down 3 campsites to find one that had a proper grate, just for the kids hotdogs. The grass hadn't been cut in awhile, too long. On walking to the lake it was just a mess, liter all along the road in the bushes. Last year the gentleman who was there, I believe its Mike, was always collecting trash, very personable, the kids couldn't wait to see him. He took them on nature walks, He cared about the campgrounds, now it seems as if no one does. We'll never be back if this is how the new owners are going to run it. Its as if their Slum Lords-- discusting and uncalled for.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
4  Thank BigbirdElmo1
Reviewed 23 July 2015

We decided to make a test run in our travel trailer some place close by. We live about 60 miles from here. We are not the typical camping type. I like A/C, nice bathrooms and I hate bugs. I decided to jump right in anyway. We found that this place is so serene and peaceful this time of year. I was pleasantly surprised with the lack of mosquitos, the cool breezes, and shade trees. We rented canoes and took the creek upstream the first day. Yes, we did tip over, but thankfully did not see one gator. I have never canoed before and it was a little out of my comfort zone, but I really enjoyed the view and took lots of pictures. The next day we went farther up the creek and stayed in the canoe, we found a nice spot to take a break and stretch a little. I recommend the shuttle upstream because you only have to steer for the ride downstream. (we aren't youngsters). Next time we will do the shuttle. The water level was really good, 4'+ so no walking the canoe. We were referred to this place by our son who has camped there many times. He met us and thought it was great especially since he has gone 'in season' which is very crowded and noisy he says. The only downside is that the showers are kind of not great, but still ok. There is really nothing to do in the area, so bring plenty of ice, firewood, beer, wine, and food. You can buy ice, bait, firewood, and some items at the on site store also. Oh and bug spray, the ants were ferocious, I also recommend some of that great Benadryl spray for the bites or whatever else you might use. Sunscreen and a camera with a waterproof bag just in case. Happy Camping

Room Tip: For tents only pick #16 or #62 right on the creek. RV's that need hook ups are not near the water, but close enough
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family