Fisheating Creek Campground
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Palmdale
See available hotels
LaBelle Motel(LaBelle)
  • Pool
Rice's Motel(Moore Haven)
Lakeside Cottages(Lake Placid)
  • Beachfront
View Hotel
All reviewscamp storerope swingfisheating creekfire pitspanish mosstravel traileroutpostalligatorslasalleflorida
Reviewed 1 April 2015

Trying to find a last minute birthday activity I was recommended this campsite. Lets just say I gave the person who recommended it a big hug the next time I saw them.

My family and I had a fantastic time here. We stayed far in the back by the "swimming hole" and could not have had more fun. The rope swing was a major highlight for my wife and kids. The fishing was fun and we were able to put our kayaks in the water right next to our campsite.

Each campsite has plenty of tall, old trees decorated with Spanish moss and brush giving you complete privacy from the neighboring sites. It will definitely be our "Go To" spot for camping from now on and I expect we will make many great family memories there. Can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 February 2015

Friendly staff, the sites were clean. With sewer and wifi available. River was vey nice to canoe on. Well maintained!!! Camp sites are quite large with nicely shaded areas. The only down side is that it's close to Hwy 27.

• Stayed: February 2015
2  Thank Janine3904
Reviewed 20 February 2015 via mobile

I stayed here twice and my first time it was very quiet compared to the second. There is a big board at the entrance of the campground with rules and regulations. Which probably my neighbors didn't read it. They started partying at 10:30pm and go on until 1 am. The music was loud and they were screaming. I didn't complain at all because they had good music, but they have to respect other people that were looking to relax. The are were we camp was near the lake which is primitive . The vault toilets needs to be clean more often, i don't know how often they clean it but at least this second time did not smell. About activities, you can rent kayaks and boats, or bring your own. Also can fish in the river or do hunting. don't forget to get your license there is a lot of wildlife patrol. Talking about wildlife, we saw turtle, possums, rabbits, alligators and crows. There are available store in the main office and also showers are available next to bear loop.

Stayed: February 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 February 2015 via mobile

After years of coming here and recommending the place to everyone we can, we've stopped camping at Fish Eating Creek and choose to visit Koreshan or Myakka instead.

It's not the surroundings...

Fish Eating Creek is absolutely beautiful.

It's not the ridiculous three-day minimum on the weekends, on holidays, or really whenever else the manager feels they should institute the policy to make some extra bucks.

Annoying yes...

But not the end of the world.

It's not the fact that the campsites are so small. Or the fact that everything in the Outpost Store costs twice what it should.

Honestly, all of this can be overlooked because the place is just stunningly beautiful. We always loved camping there.

So no, it's none of that.

It's the crappy attitude of the people who run the place.

When I told the officer workers I thought the firewood was overpriced and wet, I was told "don't buy it"

When I told the office manager I thought the 3 night minimum policy was ridiculous, she promptly hung up on me.

So yeah. Eventually someone out there will figure out how to treat long standing loyal customers.

Until then - stay away.

• Stayed: September 2014
14  Thank Erik S
Reviewed 2 January 2015 via mobile

We camp in a new place every year for New Years. I found out about Fisheating through a friend and decided to try this place. Check in was smooth and the camp store was good and decorated nicely for Christmas. Since we reserved late we couldn't get a tent only spot so we were in P2, next to RVs. It was fine, we had nice neighbors, but the sites are all pretty small and not much privacy. The bathrooms could use a little better maintenance. The campground itself was lively. Kayaking the river was a great experience, but didn't get a chance to go on their hike. The real negatives for me though were: campground near the highway and railroad so it's constant noise all day and night and the mosquitoes were horrible. I would come back for the day to kayak, not too sure about camping though.

Stayed: December 2014, travelled with friends