Fisheating Creek Campground
LaBelle Motel(LaBelle)
USD 213
  • Pool
USD 73
Lake Grassy Inn & Suites(Lake Placid)(Great Value!)
USD 108
Clewiston Inn(Clewiston)
USD 77
Plaza Travel Inn(Clewiston)
USD 67
All reviewscamp storerope swingfisheating creekfire pitspanish mosstravel traileroutpostalligatorslasalleflorida
Reviewed 21 February 2015

Friendly staff, the sites were clean. With sewer and wifi available. River was vey nice to canoe on. Well maintained!!! Camp sites are quite large with nicely shaded areas. The only down side is that it's close to Hwy 27.

• Stayed: February 2015
2  Thank Janine3904
Reviewed 20 February 2015 via mobile

I stayed here twice and my first time it was very quiet compared to the second. There is a big board at the entrance of the campground with rules and regulations. Which probably my neighbors didn't read it. They started partying at 10:30pm and go on until 1 am. The music was loud and they were screaming. I didn't complain at all because they had good music, but they have to respect other people that were looking to relax. The are were we camp was near the lake which is primitive . The vault toilets needs to be clean more often, i don't know how often they clean it but at least this second time did not smell. About activities, you can rent kayaks and boats, or bring your own. Also can fish in the river or do hunting. don't forget to get your license there is a lot of wildlife patrol. Talking about wildlife, we saw turtle, possums, rabbits, alligators and crows. There are available store in the main office and also showers are available next to bear loop.

Stayed: February 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 February 2015 via mobile

After years of coming here and recommending the place to everyone we can, we've stopped camping at Fish Eating Creek and choose to visit Koreshan or Myakka instead.

It's not the surroundings...

Fish Eating Creek is absolutely beautiful.

It's not the ridiculous three-day minimum on the weekends, on holidays, or really whenever else the manager feels they should institute the policy to make some extra bucks.

Annoying yes...

But not the end of the world.

It's not the fact that the campsites are so small. Or the fact that everything in the Outpost Store costs twice what it should.

Honestly, all of this can be overlooked because the place is just stunningly beautiful. We always loved camping there.

So no, it's none of that.

It's the crappy attitude of the people who run the place.

When I told the officer workers I thought the firewood was overpriced and wet, I was told "don't buy it"

When I told the office manager I thought the 3 night minimum policy was ridiculous, she promptly hung up on me.

So yeah. Eventually someone out there will figure out how to treat long standing loyal customers.

Until then - stay away.

• Stayed: September 2014
14  Thank Erik S
Reviewed 2 January 2015 via mobile

We camp in a new place every year for New Years. I found out about Fisheating through a friend and decided to try this place. Check in was smooth and the camp store was good and decorated nicely for Christmas. Since we reserved late we couldn't get a tent only spot so we were in P2, next to RVs. It was fine, we had nice neighbors, but the sites are all pretty small and not much privacy. The bathrooms could use a little better maintenance. The campground itself was lively. Kayaking the river was a great experience, but didn't get a chance to go on their hike. The real negatives for me though were: campground near the highway and railroad so it's constant noise all day and night and the mosquitoes were horrible. I would come back for the day to kayak, not too sure about camping though.

Stayed: December 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Xflor
Reviewed 2 December 2014

According to the office, we stayed during the busiest time of the year - Thanksgiving weekend. We stayed Friday and Saturday nights.

When I go camping, I want to feel like I'm in the wilderness - I want relative privacy and quiet. Also, I want outdoorsy things to do - hiking, biking, canoeing/kayaking, wildlife viewing, etc. Facilities are nice but not necessarily required.

In this review, I'm speaking about the primitive campsites, not the RV side of the park.

This campsite is relatively nice and well-maintained. Likewise the facilities. You're likely to be exposed to all types of camouflage fashion. That is the extent of my positive feedback.

However, the sites are right on top of one another; you will get to know details about your neighbors you may not care to know - you'll clearly hear their conversations, their arguments, their snoring, their music, and anything else going on in their site or in their tent.

There is no quiet time. Yes, the posted quiet time starts at 11 p.m. but it is not obeyed nor is it enforced. While we were there, it was redneck party central. The first night was karaoke. It began at 7 and ended at 10:30. You cannot escape it no matter where your site is located. It's loud. I don't know if they do this every Friday or not.

Campsite parties went as late as 1:30 a.m. You'll hear all different kinds of music from different sites, people laughing, yelling, swearing, etc. People walk through your campsite at any hour with no regard to courtesy. Someone was shooting a gun (was not firecrackers). A couple of others were very proud of the engines in their trucks and wanted everyone else there to know (hear) it too. There is a train line that runs along the entrance and east side of the park. The variety of car alarms was almost musical. Friends with us decided to call the posted phone number for assistance. The line went unanswered, they left a message, and the call was not returned.

There is one 1.5 mile trail and it was flooded, so no hiking. There is no bike trail though you can ride laps around the park. The park is along highway US 27 - three lanes of high-speed travel - no biking there. There is a small river for canoeing and kayaking. It's not bad but FL has much better to offer.

Our wildlife sightings consisted of a bunch of turkey vultures constantly prowling the campsites and one, fat squirrel. That's it. But we did hear some stuff at night.

Bring your own wood. We bought four packs of wood from the campsite store. The wood was soft and moist and would not burn. Call me crazy, but I took it back and asked for my money back. I was refused: "All sales are final." So, we drove 15 miles to the nearest town and bought better wood.

We had a good time because we enjoyed the "vacation" with our friends. But I will not stay here again. This is not my idea of camping. Maybe it's yours.

• Stayed: November 2014, travelled with friends