“It's all good but for the mold.”

EconoLodge Palm Coast
Ranked #9 of 11 Hotels in Palm Coast
Naples, Florida
“It's all good but for the mold.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2010

I was over the moon about this hotel. The beds are comfortable, there's a fridge, microwave and free wireless internet, and it was only $60 on a Saturday night. It was perfect. Then I went to take a shower and saw there was black mold all around the tub and even on the ceiling. Not cool, guys. That stuff isn't hard to clean up. All you need is some bleach and a scrub brush.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with friends
2 Thank outpostroad19
Traveler1Tampa, Manager at EconoLodge Palm Coast, responded to this review, 15 September 2010
We appreciate you taking the time to post a review and apologize for the inconvenience of having mold in the shower. Room cleanliness is something we take very seriously here at the Best Western Palm Coast and there is simply no excuse for the mold. This issue will be addressed with the appropriate members of management and resolved immediately. It seems other than that you were pleased with your stay and we would like the opportunity to invite you back the next time travel plans bring you to Palm Coast.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
La Crosse, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2010

BW in Palm Coast is an older facility, but well maintained. The room was clean and relatively spacious, and the pool was decent. Breakfast was adequate. Staff present when we checked in was friendly, but housekeeping had missed a room, so she was running between cleaning a room and working the front desk. Still, she was very pleasant and helpful. While we have stayed in better BWs, we would not hesitate to return.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
bwpcmanager, General Manager at EconoLodge Palm Coast, responded to this review, 29 October 2010
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your stay. I am pleased to hear you found our staff friendly and the hotel meet your expectations. We apologize for the irritation and inconvenience which may have been caused due too my staff not being at the desk. I have been working diligently with my team to ensure this matter is corrected and will not happen again. Please accept our apology and we hope to see you again soon.
jackson,ms
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2010

I love this hotel it was so clean and nice. Prices were reasonable! 60 bucks for double beds on a Saturday! The manager was so helpful. We were trying to find things to do so he gave us a list of them. I would recommed this hotel to anyone for a wonderful stay. Oh it was really close to shopping and interstate!

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
Ryan W, General Manager at EconoLodge Palm Coast, responded to this review, 6 August 2013

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at 386-446-4457.
32043laa
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2010

I actually checked reviews to stay in Palm Coast and this BW was recommended. What a mistake! There were so many things that weren't right. The minute we walked into the room...it smelled old and nasty. We are not smokers so our senses are high. There were cigarette butts everywhere. Thank goodness I always bring Lysol with me...it really didn't make a difference. It was pretty noisy all night long and be careful because there is a 2nd floor, but no elevator. There was noise from the bikes that came in later that night and then the AC. My daughter had to clean the pool before she would jump in. It was pretty gross. There computer system is older than dirt. Yes, it was inexpensive to stay, but unfortunately, we got what we paid for. Breakfast was okay but you can't fit more than 10 people in the joint and the hotel was full...go figure. However, have to commend the staff. They were good!

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank 32043laa
Traveler1Tampa, Manager at EconoLodge Palm Coast, responded to this review, 13 April 2010
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your stay. While I’m thrilled to hear our staff was friendly, I regret that the hotel did not meet your expectations. Cigarette butts all over the ground is unacceptable and not the standard of our hotel. We apologize for the irritation and inconvenience this caused. We are in the process of evaluating opportunities for improvement and appreciate your input!
Orlando
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2010

My stay at the Best Western was amazing. The rooms were beautiful, clean and smelled really good. When I checked in the front desk lady already know my name and had eveyrthing ready for me to check in. Her name is Malinda. She helped me out with places i should take my partner for a great dinner and a beautiful place we would go just the two of us and have a quiet evening. The next day we woke up to find that every staff memeber we walked past said " Hello, and good moring." It was nice to see that when i first wake up in the morning. Also the hostis was very nice to us when we went to eat breakfest. The food not only looked great but tasted amazing. I didnt expect such great food from a hotel. Then as i was leaving to go back to my room, i had a few questions about Palm Coast, and i asked one of the Housekeepers. She was very polite, kind and funny. Alyssa was such a great help and gave us extra towels. I told her i wanted to stay another night and she said that was no problem she would let the front desk know so i didnt have to go back down to tell them. She told me to just dial 0 on our phone in the room to let me know that we are staying over or need any other questions. About a hour later i recieved a phone call saying that my partner got into a car accident. I was rushing to leave the hotel when Alyssa asked me if their was somethign wrong and if she could help me with anything. I explained eveything to her, she began to help me with my things and told me that she would let the front desk know whats going on and that i would not be staying another night due to my partner getting into a accident. Everyone at that hotel is very kind and I would love to stay their again. The rooms clean, the staff was amazing, and what more can i say? It was just a amazing stay even though the ending wasnt what i had planned. Thank you Best Western and Malinda,Alissa and the rest off the staff that run this hotel. Keep up the great work. I will be back soon.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple