“Golf Does Not Get Any Better Than This!”

Ocean Hammock Golf Club
More attraction details
Owner description: Named a "Modern Classic" by Links Magazine, this oceanfront 18-hole championship golf course features indigenous forest and wetlands, coastal dune formations and the Atlantic Ocean itself as a panoramic backdrop.
Reviewed 31 March 2018

The Ocean Course at Hammock Beach is by far the most beautiful and enjoyable course I have every played. The layout is challenging and fun. The conditions are top notch. The golf carts are equipped with highly sophisticated GPS, and even ball washers on each cart! The staff is incredibly friendly. Instead of the usual "keep pace with the foursome in front of you," we were told to take our time, enjoy ourselves, and were even advised as to which holes were the best to take pictures on! The Pro Shop is worth the trip all by itself. They carry some of the finest labels, some of which I never knew of before visiting Hammock Beach. Beautiful course, wonderful staff, from the cart/bag folks, to the shop workers, so the starter.

Date of experience: March 2018
"info"
"hurricane"
"florida"

Reviewed 11 February 2018 via mobile

Beautiful golf course, interesting layout and challenging. The Ocean Course is well worth a round for the keen golfer. Great views of the ocean.

Date of experience: February 2018
Reviewed 26 July 2017

The Ocean course is still recovering from hurricane damage and will open in "Fall 2017". Pity. So I opted for the Conservatory course designed by Tom Watson. OMG! Everything, I mean everything, you could want from a course is there. First, it's the "longest, hardest course" in Florida. Bunkers are everywhere, as is water. As my partner (member) informed me, there are 18 level lies on the course - the tee boxes. Undulations abound. It all makes for a challenge, but there are multiple tees to offset. Course condition is superb. No bare spots anywhere. Never seen truer greens. The staff was the friendliest I've ever encountered from the pro shop to the starter to the marshal to the cart girl. Cool water and ice provided. PLAY THIS COURSE!

Date of experience: July 2017
Reviewed 8 March 2017

The Conservatory Course is a well-maintained challenging course that is beautiful and a joy to play. The yardage is long and there are numerous bunkers. Golf carts are equipped with GPS to help with yardage determinations. The clubhouse looks like the Taj Mahal. The staff was friendly. The Ocean Course was under repair because of storm damage, but we were not disappointed to play the Conservatory.

Date of experience: February 2017
See more reviews
Reviewed 22 November 2016 via mobile

My fiancé and I played this course together on a weekday. There was no problem getting a tee time and we were not paired up with anyone.

The course was in great condition. Pace of play was fine. No problem to make long drives from the tee. I found the grass to be different. I don't know how to explain it, but I've never played in grass like this before. Also, the greens roll fast!

I really liked the golf cart, especially the tablet (great for distance, weather alerts, and ordering food). There were stations along the course for water and ice refills.

The staff were all friendly!

Overall, beautiful course and we would play it again.

Date of experience: September 2016