All reviews rooftop restaurant sea spray an older hotel old florida the entire hotel ice machine tiki
Reviewed 4 February 2016

Our experience at SeaSpray was absolutely outstanding and, quite literally, this wonderful hotel SAVED our family vacation and became a place that we will be visiting time and time again in future months and years to come. After planning a trip with my 2 children to IslaMorada for more than 2 months, when it came to the day for us to leave, Mother Nature had different plans for us ... it was early December and South Florida was experiencing very unnaturally heavy rains ... at 5pm the day we were to depart for our trip, we discovered our trip had been canceled ... this was our first real family vacation together and it was all my 6-year old daughter had been looking forward to for the previous 2 months - working so hard in school to earn this vacation she was so thrilled to be able to take.

When I got the call at 5pm that our vacation was canceled, I hung up the phone & began crying uncontrollably - driving to my daughter's aftercare to pick her up only to have to break her heart by telling her that our vacation was simply no longer ... SO ... when I finally got to her school, I grabbed my phone & sat in the parking lot for a few minutes and started looking around for local hotels where we could possibly stay on such short notice ... when I found SeaSpray I was shocked - who could offer a hotel room on the ocean for such a reasonable rate? I figured it was some kind of 'bait and switch' so I called the hotel right then ... and the LOVELIEST person answered my call - Natalia :)

I explained my situation to Natalia - she was so compassionate and through my tears understood how much this vacation meant to my daughter & how canceling it was simply going to crush her ... within just a few minutes, my tears of sadness turned to tears of joy and laughter - Natalia not only confirmed the room rate was that which was quoted online but she also told me they definitely had rooms available for that evening or the following evening and we would be very welcome to come and stay at their hotel. I explained to Natalia that I simply needed to get my daughter home so I could explain to her and her brother together about what had happened ... and how a lovely lady named Natalia was still going to help make our family vacation happen.

Once the shock was absorbed by my children, I called Natalia back & booked our room for check in the following day - my daughter was right next to me when I was making the reservation and she actually spoke briefly to Natalia and thanked her for saving our vacation! We were booked into a very large & luxurious ocean view hotel room with a balcony and a small kitchenette that allowed us to bring our own food and drinks ... the weather did affect some of the regular outdoor events taking place at the hotel, but, from where we were sitting in our room, with the rain and wind howling like crazy, we were nothing other than THRILLED to be where we were!

My son & daughter took a few walks on the beach together (not caring at all about the rain) while I actually got to stay in the room and do something I rarely get to do ... take a nap!! We ordered a pizza for dinner ... watched a fantastic movie we had never seen (The Blind Side) and as the night closed, my son and I stayed up watching Netflix on his laptop as my daughter slept after having been completely worn out from her day ... I fell asleep that night and prayed with grateful thanks to Natalia ... and the SeaSpray ... for having made such a memorable event for me and my children. Being a single mom is never typically easy and while my children always have what they "need," it is very difficult to do for my children all that they "want" all of the time.

This hotel has become such a special place for us now - it renewed my daughter's faith (as well as my own) that everything happens for a reason ... from Day 1 of planning our trip to the Keys, it was already meant to be canceled in order for us to find The SeaSpray Inn. Before we left the hotel, my daughter and I were walking around the lobby Sunday morning & she saw a hotel rate card sitting on a side table and began to look at the various date windows and the corresponding room rates and figured out on her own that her birthday (in May) happens to fall during a time when the rates would be returning to off season so, right then and there, she asked me if we could return this year to SeaSpray to celebrate her 7th birthday ... I said "YES" immediately without any hesitation whatsoever.

I realize my review is slightly delayed but I simply could not, in good conscience, go without acknowledging the graciousness this hotel so generously offered to me and my children. While we couldn't enjoy the many amenities (due to the weather), we were able to see the beautiful pool, the tiki bar, and the roof-top restaurant offering a view of the ocean that could go toe-to-toe with ANY 5-star resort (the restaurant also offers outside table seating in hollowed out boats that have been re-conditioned with a table & 4 seats)! I made a solemn promise to my daughter that when we return to SeaSpray (this May for her birthday), we will spend the entire weekend there and her "party" will be in the form of her friends coming up to the hotel on Saturday to join us for a day at the pool. And then, that evening, we will dine in the rooftop restaurant ... she is already counting the days ... and so am I :)

When we return, we hope to see our favorite person on the front desk - Arizona - he was so helpful, cooperative and patient even as my 6-year old was running around the lobby (which also has a full-sized billiard table by the way) screaming how much she just LOVED SEASPRAY!!

Thank you, SeaSpray, again, so much for the whole new world you opened up for us ... we look forward to spending many more vacations with you :)

Karen Vasquez

Room Tip: There is NO way you will find such a luxurious hotel & phenomenal amenities anywhere within a 50-mile radius!
  • Stayed: December 2015, travelled with family
Seaspray R, Manager at SeaSpray Inn Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2016

Dear Karen
We are very happy that your vacation at Seaspray was outstanding. We are glad that you stayed with us.
We look forward to seeing you again.
Thank you.

Reviewed 3 November 2015 via mobile

Checked in to this hotel, got in the room and saw it was 2 beds so switched rooms. The front desk lady was great and allowed us to switch rooms no problem. It felt dirty and seedy so we decided to leave. I should say, the lady at the front again was very accommodating, I got to the car and realized my sunglasses were left in the room. By the time we got back to the room the sunglasses were gone. It was literally 2 minutes.. I am so bummed. Pretty sure it wasn't the front desk lady, but they are definitely gone

Stayed: November 2015
Seaspray R, Manager at SeaSpray Inn Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2015

Dear Guest
We clearly remember the day you had checked in and you had wanted a room with two beds. You then decided that you would like a King Guestroom. Then you checked into the King room and both of you went to get your luggage out of the car. After five minutes, the gentleman came back to the front desk and said that you have changed your mind and would like to leave. The front desk clerk reimbursed the credit card and the gentleman left. He came back immediately thereafter and said that his girlfriend had left her sunglasses in one of the rooms. The front desk clerk walked with you into both guestrooms only to find that there were no sunglasses left behind. The gentleman came back and decided to check both guestrooms himself only to find that there were no sunglasses left behind.
We understand that you have lost your sunglasses and the sunglasses were never left at our hotel.
It is unfortunate that you did not even stay at our hotel to enjoy our facilities and the close proximity to the beach and our rooftop restaurant and our outdoor Tiki Bar.

Reviewed 2 September 2015

Could use a bit of updating. The place is very clean, and the rooms are a nice size, but the furniture is way out of date. The location is very good. Within walking distance to the intercostal water way. Nice to walk the two and a half blocks to take a bench and watch the boats go by. The ocean in just steps away. The pool is very small.

Stayed: December 2014
Reviewed 21 July 2015

My husband and I have been staying here for about 20 years. This is why we chose this location to renew our wedding vows. We arrived here last Friday to find that the boardwalk behind the Hotel was closed down for repair. The boardwalk was where we were to have our ceremony. The SeaSpray got us in their Penthouse Restaurant, Mediterranean Taverna. We had wonderful food and a beautiful view. Our party was held on the pool deck. We had a wonderful time and wonderful service. Thank you, again, for everything!

Room Tip: We prefer the pool deck. It is more convenient for the pool, beach and a cocktail.
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank ediemaechristopher
Reviewed 15 July 2015 via mobile

Staff and Owners are amazing! We will be back! Thanks Rick for everything! Britt your awesome! This place is a wonderful location too. Tiki bar is nice too! Rooms were very comfortable and very affordable prices.

Stayed: June 2015, travelled with friends