“We made a bad choice”

SeaSpray Inn Beach Resort
Reviewed 2 September 2011

We found this hotel in a Florida Travel Saver guide (which has been extremely useful for all other hotels besides this one). I had a bad feeling when the man at the front desk was unfriendly and seemed as if we were keeping him from whatever it was he was doing in the back office before we arrived. We paid an additional $20 to have a room overlooking the beach. Well.... our room overlooked a back parking lot. You couldn't even see the beach. If I squinted and stood on my tippy-toes, I could see some water waves.

Then I turned on the water to take a shower. The tub immediately filled up with yellow sulfur-smelling water. It was completely plugged up. No way around it.... I had to stand in a full tub of this water in order to shower. Yuck!

Other than that, the room wasn't all that bad. But I will never go back there again and I wouldn't recommend anybody else to stay there. There are plenty of hotels in that area, and I'm sure they'd make you feel more welcome than this one.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lisa94501

Reviewed 3 May 2011

Booked stay at this property based on the ability to bring our dog. The propery is very well worn.....80's decor. The room was large, needs major maintenance attention. Sink overflowed, hair in shower, bedspreads that are creepy, mold on curtains, etc.

That being said, it has a nice location and the restuarant that serves breakfast and lunch is priced at more than fair.

If you want luxury, this is not it. If you want a place to sleep on the beach with a pet then this is a great value.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank CindyT_11
Reviewed 12 April 2011

We have stayed in many places over the years in our travels as a family. We've done timeshares, the big name hotels, and the "mom & pop" places. We have found good and bad in each of these categories. The truth is, we look for something unique to each area where we travel and have found that you find that in the local "mom & pop" places.

The Seaspray Inn was exactly what we were looking for. The price was better than we would've paid at a big name place (especially being as close to "right on the beach" as you can be) but the rooms were just the same as any place else. Our room opened directly onto the large patio with a pool on the end. And walking across a small parking lot to the boardwalk, we were on the beach.

The restaurant serves a very nice breakfast w/a view of the ocean that just adds that much to the value of the place! We didn't eat any other meals there as we were out everyday in different activities.

The staff was nice enough and we enjoyed our stay. We will definitely stay here again the next time we come to this area.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank TC-MN-Traveler
Reviewed 9 April 2011

Nice friendly staff at check in and out. Large clean room with beautiful view. This hotel is a bit dated but very clean. We very much enjoyed our stay and would most certainly stay here again. No frills, but definitely recommend this property for the money.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 March 2011

I went to the Internet to find a nice hotel for my husband and I to stay at Palm Beach Shores, Florida. I came across pictures of THE SEASPRAY INN BEACH RESORT. I checked out the rates and aminities the hotel had to offer and thought this would be a nice place to stay for the week. When we arrived I cannot tell you what a horrible shock it was to find that the hotel was not what was pictured on the internet and come to find out neither where the rates or the aminities. My husband and I looked at the room we were to stay in (OH MY!!) We got back in the car and went to a coupleof other hotels only to find they were booked up for the week. After driving for over eight hundred miles to get to Palm Beach Shores we were to tired to fight any more so we went back to the SEASPRAY INN and checked in. I have to tell anyone who is thinking of staying here that this place is old , outdated, the hallway smells, and it just does not feel clean. WE WILL NEVER STAY THERE AGAIN!!!!

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
7  Thank srdurham
Also consider these accommodations in or near Palm Beach Shores
0.3 km away
Palm Beach Shores Resort & Vacation Villas
Palm Beach Shores Resort & Vacat...
#2 of 5 in Palm Beach Shores
0.2 km away
Marriott's Ocean Pointe
Marriott's Ocean Pointe
#1 of 5 in Palm Beach Shores
7.6 km away
Best Western Plus Palm Beach Gardens Hotel & Suites & Conference Center
Best Western Plus Palm Beach Gar...
#7 of 11 in Palm Beach Gardens
0.5 km away
Portside on the Inlet
Portside on the Inlet
#1 of 1 in Palm Beach Shores

Been to SeaSpray Inn Beach Resort? Share your experiences!