“Leave your jewelry home!”

The Spa at PGA National Resort
More attraction details
Owner description: Treating yourself well is just one of life's luxuries at PGA National. From relaxing massages to wonderful skin treatments, including our locally exclusive line of Phytomer products, The Spa is yours to enjoy. Soothing amenities, impeccable personal service and more than 100 treatments await you, as well as our exclusive "Waters of the World" collection of healing mineral pools with salts imported from around the globe. Smooth the day away in one of the 32 private treatment rooms in our 40,000-square-foot Mediterranean sanctuary, that also houses a full-service hair salon and the Waters of the World Café, featuring Chef's Spa cuisine by the pools.
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

I’m honestly not one to complain often, but sometimes the truth needs to be told. I’m a local school teacher and know that a job isn’t always as easy at it seems but this has left the worst impression on me. For a “high class” establishment you’d think a trustworthy and customer first mentality would be a priority, but the following story may leave you scratching your head, as it did mine. I’m so disappointed on how this matter was handled...
A friend and I were at the Spa per a scheduled appointment. All of the services were fine however, I had forgotten to take off my necklace prior to my massage. The massage therapist requested that I remove my necklace prior to he beginning my massage. I mentioned to her that I was afraid to leave it behind since I rarely took it off, it was a necklace that my husband gave to me on our very first Christmas together. She insisted, so I reluctantly took it off. She then told me that she did not have a place for me to place it and that the best option was to place it in my robe pocket that I had to remove for my massage. Needless to say when the hour was over, I placed my robe back on and changed into my clothes and left giving the pocket not a second thought.
On my way out the door, a staff member offered to take both mine and my friends robes from us rather than placing them in the laundry baskets per the usual procedure. An hour after leaving, I realized that I had completely forgotten my valuable, sentimental necklace in the robe pocket. I called the front desk immediately and told them what had happened and if they could please quickly locate it. I explained the entire situation, where I was, which room I had been in, where the robe had been left, etc. I called an additional 8 times and spoke to 4 different people in a matter of 2 days. No one knew what I was talking about each time that I called and no one could help me locate it or even give me a simple answer as to what was being done to find it. I was eventually transferred to speak with the spa manager who also had no answers and then the security supervisor who also could not explain what happened to my valuable necklace that had been left in my robe pocket. While I was told that often times these items are quickly located, no one could give me any answers. I spent weeks on the phone trying to find out what had occurred in the hour of time between me handing my robe to a staff person and me calling. Still no one can give me any clear answers and the establishment has done nothing to make it right. My $700 necklace was considered not important per the PGA National insurance company, so they refused to replace my item. Be careful with this business as the staff is obviously not very honest and can not be trusted when something valuable is left behind.

1  Thank Rachel B
"perks"
"haircut"
"lotion"

Reviewed 13 February 2018

My husband and I got the 70 minute hot stone massage. The service was wonderful and did last the full 70 minutes. The spa has a cool, cavelike atmosphere and seems to be huge. The pool area was nice, but seemed to be a bit dated and needed a good cleaning.

Reviewed 25 October 2017

A friend and I arrived at the Spa and paid to upgrade our massages and proceeded to change into our robes to relax for the afternoon. Unfortunately, we were then informed one of the massage associates called out and only one of us would be able to have our massage that day. Ironically this same scenario happened last month when we came to this spa. We were issued our refund with no offer of apology for ruining our day off. The Spa manager nor the Hotel management we spoke to did not seem to care.
Since our visit I've heard similar stories from others who have been there and will NOT return. VERY DISAPPOINTING!

2  Thank davidmarleneg2015
Reviewed 17 August 2017

I usually visit PGA National Spa several times a year and have enjoyed multiple spa services. Sometimes the service is amazing and other times it is a huge disappointment. This last time, I had a haircut. The stylist was very good. She knew exactly what I was asking for. She was friendly and knowledgeable.

See more reviews
Reviewed 14 August 2017 via mobile

My husband and I had scheduled a 50 minute couples massage (on a Saturday) and were quite excited for this; unfortunately we left quite disappointed and turned off. From start to finish it was a big let-down.

-upon entering the spa and checking-in, we found ourselves in a line 7 people deep. There was 1 lady behind the desk checking people in, as well as checking people out. It took a solid 10 minutes before someone else showed up to greet guests and check people in. Waiting in line for that long to be welcomed is not a great first impression. This was a Saturday so I can imagine this is probably one of their busiest days so I'm not sure how this occurs.

-we were getting a couples massage. One might think there would be somewhere to linger and relax TOGETHER since services were booked together. Unfortunately, there seems to be a lack of integration for couples getting services together. Since we were getting a massage together, it would have been nice to have been able to enjoy the sauna or steam room together, a room to sit, talk and wait together, SOMETHING. Instead, we had to meet in the hall where there are 2 benches and sit there while watching staff cart around garbage, bags of dirty towels, etc. The whole couples thing seems to be an oversight for this spa, allowing minimal to no opportunities for couples to relax and unwind together prior or post services (other than the pools). Total bummer.

-we booked a 50 minute massage which ended up being 43 minutes long. I looked at the clock upon start and finish and this was not to be missed. When spending $300 for a "50-minute" couples massage, I would argue that every minute counts. To get shorted ANY amount of time is unacceptable.

-I asked for a gentle Swedish massage and was startled a handful of times when my massage therapist gouged me causing substantial (but fleeting) pain. Now, I'm no rookie to massages and know that some amount of pressure, and dare I say "pain" is typical but to be legit in pain and startled from a relaxing calm is not a good sign; especially when asking for a gentle massage. Now writing this review the day after my massage, I have legit tenderness on the spots where the massage therapist gouged me. Some soreness is always to be expected, but pain and pseudo-bruises are not.

-my Massage therapist must've been a smoker bc when she stood over my face region, I could smell her breath which smelled like a stale ash tray--- DISGUSTING.

- after our massage we attempted to sit out by the waters of the world--the long and short of is there were absolutely no chairs to be had. Tons of chairs with towels thrown over them but no people sitting in them, just claiming their spaces while getting services. Being that there was nowhere else for my husband and I to spend time together and utilize the spa facility, we left. Some type of policy should be implemented regarding use of chairs.

So again, pretty bad experience and I think the 2 stars is a bit generous. They say they just finished a renovation on the spa; having been there about a year ago, I honestly cannot say that I can see a bit of difference outside of the lockers in the women's locker room (which no longer use keys and have digital locks). This place leaves a lot to be desired. What a waste of money.

1  Thank Dratti