2,615 results
All reviews seafood bar flagler steakhouse circle room circle restaurant italian restaurant an aquarium adult pool bathroom mirror top notch beautiful hotel grounds are beautiful over the top old world beach club ocean front partial ocean view pool side
Reviewed 4 April 2018

The “Flagler Club Experience” in no way meets its description, is certainly not worthy of its price. I felt we would have been better off in the main hotel. The staff is not welcoming or friendly.
There are far too many complaints to indicate.

Date of stay: April 2018
5  Thank mmjj40
Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

Fabulous location for family vacation. We stayed for five nights in two connecting rooms with ocean view. Lots to do and see. Beach and pool are beautiful. Kids loved the sports court and arcade.
Restaurants are terrific - lots of variety and all high quality. Staff were very friendly and service-oriented. Architecture and lobby are impressive.

Rooms are clean and well appointed. For a five star, I expected more update bathroom fixtures but all was clean and in working order (just dated). Hotel was at capacity but didn’t feel overcrowded. Only downside for a vacationer is the ever-present business conferences that take place on the lobby floor.

I’ve stayed at The Breakers twice before but on business. This was the first personal stay and it did not disappoint. Really nice stay. Will be back.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank 390ellenm
Reviewed 3 April 2018

Stayed on the 5 floor of this hotel for a weekend.Our room had a balcony looking at the ocean. We slept with the balcony door open listening to the waves, Amazing. All I can say is its top class. The best I have ever stayed in. Looking forward to the next time.

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

You must wonder why such a splendid hotel needs to make you feel so ripped off.
This is one of the best hotels of its kind in the world.
The two rooms were great
The service is generally Fantastic
The HMF bar for eating one of best experience s ever
Fish restaurant fantastic food service not to good.
Like the gym plus lap pool
Beach fun and so are all 3 pools
Pool area loved But Cabana could be better
All in all a great place which knows how to charge for everything .

However............
You just get done for every little extra they can find plus plus plus plus plus plus

They say if you can’t afford it don’t go
$90 for evening of kids camp lasting 4 hrs where my daughter had a great time .
The play ground is free
We got a free bottle of breakers wine it’s cheap but take it to a restaurant there pay $25 corkage plus 20 % that’s $30 for a cheap wine .
I went to fish restaurant they said they wold let me off the corckage charge or so I thought the put it on the bill is asked them to remove it they stated arguing, ok I said leave the 25$ on for the cheap bottle they gave me and remove the 90$ device charge the service had not been that good any way .
Ordered coffeee for the room it cost 15$
Plus 3 dollars to deliver it to room plus device plus tax plus plus plus $22 for a coffee to room .
And so it goes on .
My room is $2200 a night and I had two of them and I am charged $30 a night for parking a car.
Luckily I booked through Amex so got free internet.
I really do think hotels like this have got to rethink how they charge .
Coffee in room with a machine for instance would help.
Cabana cost me fo not one of the best rooms best part of $2000 dollars a day
It’s not that nicely fitted out with mouldy fruit in the fridge which is free though, don’t get me wrong its convenient to have but could be better needs returning .

Think about this if they stopped all the plus plus plus and just charged 20 dollars a room extra for everything it would make it so much better .

Date of stay: April 2018
3  Thank orange5255
Reviewed 2 April 2018

This place is a tired and rude cliche, stunningly overrated and shockingly overpriced. I was previously there a decade ago when it was good--so I wondered how could this place have fallen so far so fast? From the front desk, to the concierge to the housekeeping staff--all are annoyed that you need things like a hair dryer--that took 4 calls and half an hour to get. My room was not ready at 3:00 PM check in and I had to go to a conference, which I told them, yet they texted me incessantly in the meeting telling me to come get my room card keys. The second day of my visit, I had a free afternoon and was exhausted from work so I put the "do not disturb" sign on the door and tried to take a nap. The front desk called, very annoyed, and said, "We have been trying to deliver a gift to you but you have the 'do not disturb' sign on your door--so when can we bring it to you? It's been sitting here at the front desk for two days." Since they woke me up, and they were very annoyed, I said "OK, bring it now"--it was a little soup bowl of "welcome fruit" from the hotel which they forgot to put in my room the day before when I checked in. But by day two the fruit was rotting--the tangerine was moldy and leaking out the bottom into the bowl, the banana was blackening, the apple smelled old and was wrinkling and the top of the pear had gotten squishy and liquid was seeping out around the stem. I am not exaggerating or making this up. Since they woke me up, and sleep now seemed unlikely, I went to the Ocean Bar. Wrinkled and bald old men sat with twenty and thirty somethings with fake tans, cleavage and flaming red nails twirling over-treated hair extensions. I ordered fish tacos and two non-alcoholic sodas to watch the "show" at the bar. The fish tacos were snack sized--about 3 inches long and there were three of them-- and the drinks were just soda water with flavoring in it (basil and fruit juice). The bill was $78. The old men out-drank the cleavage; the old men paid--but apparently not enough; the cleavage left. The breakfast buffet was awful -- runny fake scrambled eggs, smooshed up smoked salmon in martini glasses (why?), supermarket breads and muffin tops, rubber pancakes, bacon and sausage--their breakfast is not as good as Starbucks or IHoP and that's insulting IHoP. I took the bowl of blueberries for the rubber pancakes as my breakfast. The dinners were just standard hotel food fare--fish cooked to rock consistency, shrimp that figured out to $12 PER SHRIMP (not per order or per shrimp cocktail--per shrimp; the $36 shrimp cocktail had 3 shrimp), pasta stuff and bloody meat. The hotel itself is faded glory--the colors in the conference rooms are screaming 1980--or maybe 1955--turquoise, yellow and beige. None of the conference rooms or hotel rooms are equipped for modern laptops, phones or Ipads -- the only plugs were standard plugs behind the desks in the rooms that you could not reach without moving furniture (and full of lamp cords) and in the conference rooms they ran extension cords from under the conference tables and plopped standard prong plug ins on the tables, so if you didn't bring the plug in addition to the Iphone cords you were out of luck. The tile in the bathroom is the same as it was when I was there a decade or more ago and there was black mold in the shower. Turndown and ice came just as I was getting ready for dinner each night -- I asked them to come back later. They did not. The whole place seems like they are just trying to grab as much money as possible before it gets turned over to AAA and franchising conventions -- oh wait, they were there this past weekend. I expected to see Tony Robbins real estate selling sessions. They probably left too. Like the old theaters of the 30s, this place has lost its glory and is running a B rated show until someone turns out the lights and sells off the land for condos--oh wait, they are doing that too..

Room tip: Insist on an ocean view room -- that is the only thing good about the place
  • Trip type: Travelled on business