All reviews front desk sushi bar corner room beach side hotel restaurant beautiful beach lounge chairs beach service valet parking great weekend beach access off season kimpton priscilla gio ocean caruso
Reviewed 10 September 2018

This review is overdue. we stayed here for a 2nd time about 2 months ago. Valet does give you good service at $27.00 a night. It is what it is. Front desk personnel are professional and courteous. Kudos to Priscilla Ortiz the Assistant Front Desk Manager who went out of her way to make our moment very special. Thanks to -Miriam I think that's her name who greeted us. Nice to see Jay in the afternoon with her very pleasant attitude and smile. You can tell the front desk runs smooth. The view of my room (5th floor) was a sweet treat. The bathtub jacuzzi although very nice is a difficult one to get in and out because of its height. I can see older people risking a fall if they take this room. Again, my room was awesome and I will take it again no problem.

The service at the beach was good, the guys work real hard and have a pleasant attitude despite the fact that at certain times they have to go back and forth and check the pool as well. Give them a raise please. Some of the beach umbrellas need maintenance or better a complete overhaul. Food and Beverage: heavy issues during breakfast, people yelling in the kitchen (with the "f" word and all). There were 3 managers (we were told) but none could put the place together. Our coffee took forever, when it came it was watery,,,,, we were told they had gluten free bread which we ordered from the hostess (she does a good job but has no support) but it took 20 minutes until I called the server wh had forgotten to tell us that they did not have GF bread. Dissapointment. My wife ordered an egg white omelette instead and paid for it w/a credit card. At the beach we ordered the mahi tacos but the corn tortillas were real hard, I should have returned it but the beach personnel were very busy with the pool as well so I decided to fight the corn tortillas. The rest of our stay was good. The property is very nice. We went for dinner all 3 nights to nearby restaurants. While reviewing our final bill we saw that we were being charged the egg white omelette which we had already paid during the chaotic breakfast. The lady at the front desk took it off the bill kindly. We will be back but food and beverage needs to improve.

Room Tip: Oceanview or partial oceanview.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
PriscillaO292, Manager at Tideline Ocean Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2018

Priscilla O. AFOM- Journey305, we're so happy to hear that you enjoyed not only our awesome beach - but most importantly our exceptional staff. We strive for excellence when it comes to service, so we're pumped to read that you experienced just that. I do apologize for the less than stellar moments you had in the restaurant, and can assure you that this has been addressed for only flawless experiences moving forward. Thank you so much for sharing your review, we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 6 September 2018 via mobile

This boutique style hotel was pretty, clean with the majority of the staff extremely helpful and courteous.

The dinner was delicious, had a fresh swordfish....compliments to the chef

The beach furnishings are in need of being replaced or updated. Some of the umbrellas were bent and broken.

All in all it was a fun and pleasant experience.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank cyndiclay
Priscilla O, Manager at Tideline Ocean Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2018

Priscilla O. AFOM- cindiclay, We are so happy you decided to come check us out, and that you enjoyed your stay. Our management team is currently working on replacing furnishings out by the beach and pool area as well as the umbrellas to ensure our guests enjoy every aspect of their stay. We sincerely appreciate your business, and hope to see you again very soon.

Reviewed 29 August 2018

My wife and I stayed at the Tideline Resort July 7 - 8 2018.

We arrived at the hotel mid afternoon and decided to go down to the beach. No beach towels anywhere. No attendant either. 30 minutes later, the attendant shows up and tells us they are out of beach towels. This is suppose to be a high end resort????

The most annoying things was a couple of weeks later when my credit card bill showed up and there was a bogus mini bar charge added for $13.78. When I called the hotel they told me they would credit my account. The next month I get my statement and instead of crediting me $13.78, I only got a credit for $10.60, and then 6 days after the credit they charged me another $5.30.

BEWARE!!!!

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank mikefs
Priscilla O, Manager at Tideline Ocean Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2018

Priscilla O. AFOM- mikefs, to say I am disappointed in hearing about your recent stay would be an understatement. We take great pride in our ability to provide exceptional stays for all of our guests, so I sincerely apologize that you did not receive that service. I am currently working with my accounting team to check the additional charges that were reflecting on your account and will rectify this situation. I will be coaching my entire operations team on your review to ensure nothing but flawless operations occur moving forward. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback.

Reviewed 28 August 2018 via mobile

From the moment I arrived, the property was fairly maintained and nice.
Check in early wasn't a problem. We went directly to the room. They have valet parking, its about $29/night with in and out privileges.

Balcony had a nice view. (Parital Ocean View Room). The shower was really nice and clean. The bathroom was clean overall.

The blanket had stains on them and I informed housekeeping. They replaced the blanket but after that I was ehhh. Balcony could have used some cleaning as well.

The bed in our room can definitely be replaced. It felt as if it was going to break, and was squeaky.

The workers in the resort were nice. The beach is definitely not busy and they have enough beach chairs for everyone to use and lounge on.

I give the hotel 3/5 for cleaniness. rooms could use some work and the bed needs some work.

Valet parking is expensive in my opinion. Downtown Miami has cheaper valet parking.

Beach is relaxing and clean.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple

Priscilla O AFOM- Sandeep S, first and foremost - thank you so much for sharing your feedback. It is through direct feedback such as yours that allows us to see our opportunities to grow. We appreciate your notes regarding the comfort of your bed, Housekeeping and parking . All three items of which we know can make or break our guest's stay, so I can assure you that these have been addressed to ensure flawless stays moving forward. On the other hand, I was super pleased to read that you enjoyed our property so much! Thank you for your business, we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 24 August 2018

For our semi-annual long weekend girls' trip my friends and I booked a room at the Tideline--it was a "deluxe" room with partial ocean views. First the pros: our room, which had two double beds, was relatively spacious and appeared modern and clean. The deluxe room came with a bottle of red wine and a cheese plate (some of the cheese was moldy though). The pool area was very nice and perfect for lounging or hanging out in the water and talking and drinking. There were also almost no children there when we were there--mostly 30 or 40 something friends and couples (which was great--we all have kids and were there to get away from them, lol). The beach area was also expansive and clean, with a fair number of chairs and a beach side-attendant. The water was also surprisingly clear although we had some floating seaweed that was a bit annoying but fine. Drinks from the bar were expensive but very good (berry crush was amazing and I'm not normally a fan of fruity drinks). Also the terrace had gorgeous views of the ocean and was never overly crowded--great place to have drinks or eat. We also met a lot of interesting people--it was a friendly place.

Cons: Rooms are decorated with dark wood and dark floors, which doesn't feel very "beachy." Also, the tile floors tend to hold onto sand and other tiny grit that sticks to the bottom of your feet and then ends up in the bed. The pool is actually in front of the hotel and not near the beach, which wasn't a huge deal because it's private and nicely landscaped. But overall, many of the furnishings around the pool and beach are clearly a bit tired. Service at the pool was pretty good but service at the beach was terrible. But the biggest issue we had at both beach and pool was that they were constantly out of towels. We always had to wait ten or fifteen minutes for new towels and then someone would show up with a stack of about ten towels and be mobbed by everyone waiting. This happened two days in a row at different times and locations and appears to be a chronic problem. The other major problem was that people were allowed to "save" spaces with umbrellas, which were also in short supply. We watched one pair of loungers under an umbrella by the pool with a few belongings laid out go unoccupied 90% of the day. When we asked the attendant if we could have the umbrella we were told no because the "people were still using it." Same issue at the beach--one guy saved his spot in the shade with a magazine and the attendants protected it all day long even though he never came back.

Overall, I'd say its about 50-50 whether we would go back there. We have also stayed at the Eau Palm and will likely book there again next year for a more consistent, upscale experience. But it's not a terrible spot--we had a great time and the issue with towels should be easily sorted out by the hotel (not sure why it's an ongoing problem).

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank selaineh
Priscilla O, Manager at Tideline Ocean Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2018

Priscilla O AFOM- selaineh, thank you so much for taking the time to share your recent experience. It is through direct feedback such as yours that allows us to see our areas of opportunity and grow as a company. I can assure you that I am currently reviewing your comments with my management team to ensure we are making the appropriate changes. Please don't hesitate to contact me directly when business or pleasure brings you back to Palm Beach and it will be my pleasure to ensure your stay is flawless. Thank you again for your time and for your business.