“Taiwan Homey Feel”

Taipei 101 Taiwan Cuisine
Ranked #25 of 176 Restaurants in Oviedo
Cuisines: Chinese, Taiwanese
Reviewed 20 October 2018

Dropped in by accident for my first time and it has been good experiences. I always visit the dessert next door, one day tried to bring some dinner home and found this place.

I am an Asian and have been to Taiwan for many times, try to find the same taste from here and it doesn't disappoint me. I can say here gives me Taiwan Homey Feel.

I ordered to go the first time, love their reusable containers that safe to put in microwave and I can use it again at home. I dined in the second time, even there were only 6 tables inside and some outdoor seatings, it's pretty quiet.

Here what I ordered:

1. Lu Rou Fan Bian Dang (Braised Pork Belly Over Rice Meal Box), every Meal Box served with minced pork over steamed rice, noodles, braised egg and seasonal veggies!
~ The minced pork was seasoning just like Taiwan, steamed rice was soft and hot, braised egg and braised pork belly were a bit dry but tasty. OH the noodles and seasonal veggies were to die for!!! Overall, Good.

2. Dou Fu Gan Lu Wei (Braised Dry Tofu)
~ Lu Wei is a traditional style food in Taiwan, may not have a strong taste for westerners but once you try it, you may like it. This Tofu tasted a little blend for me, maybe I become Westerner already. HAHA

3. Niu Rou Tang Mian (Spicy Beef Noodle Soup), MUST TRY
~ If you want to know the taste of Taiwan, TRY THIS. The spices and seasonings they used in the soup were identical as in Taiwan. Beef was tender, noodle was just right. LOVE THIS!

4. Oyster Omelet
~ The traditional way to make Taiwanese Oyster Omelet is to add potato starch for special texture. With the hot sauce on top, it's just like home taste. Good, I like this!

5. Mi Fen Chao (Taiwanese Rice Noodles, Minced Pork, Carrots, Bamboo Shoots, Cabbage, Celery, Fried Shallot, Cilantro)
~ OMG, they provide this in meal box and it's SO GOOD, so I ordered it separately this time for a full meal. Al Dente texture with perfect seasoning. Remember Mi Fen has to be dry and Al Dente. MUST TRY!

6. Taiwanese Shrimp Fried Noodles
~ Love they made it fresh with Wok and provided Wok Hei, it's crucial for Chinese to cook food in a wok, you can tell the difference. However, it's not specifically for my taste.

If you want Taiwan homey feel on Orlando, you have to come here. The owner's so caring and friendly. He cares for every single customer, he remembers most of their names and makes sure everyone got taken care of. The BEST service and good Taiwan taste.

Well Done!

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed 20 April 2018

I am glad that I was out of town visiting this place, because if it was located anywhere close by, I'd gain a lot of weight trying everything out.

This restaurant specializes in authentic Taiwanese comfort food that you're not likely to find in most places. The restaurant is quite small, seating 25 people altogether if you count outdoor seating. However, based on the fact that most things were served on disposable or takeout containers, I surmise that most people probably plan to takeout their food, although dine-in is available quick-service style (order at counter, get served at table). It's very casual, but if you are craving Taiwanese food, you're probably used to street vendors anyway. The server was friendly and helpful and spoke at least Mandarin and English (we didn't test him on Taiwanese).

I gather that certain specialty items run out quickly, such as their meatballs, so if you want those, best to get there early. On the day that we were there, my friend wanted them, and considered taking all ten of them that were available, but eventually settled for four so that someone else would have a shot at them.

The food was flavorful, and the fried tofu and tendon appetizer dishes were especially delicious.

Note that they are open from 11:30 AM to 8:00 PM daily, so make sure you don't expect a 9 PM closing time, or you'll be disappointed.

Date of visit: April 2018
2  Thank AHW676
Reviewed 25 March 2018

It is a really small place but the food was phenomenal. The Simmered Pork rice box was very flavorful, albeit a bit greasy but that's the nature of the dish. The corn/eggdrop soup and the side dishes complemented the rice nicely.

The beef noodles reminds me of my mother's cooking (a very high compliment), the large chunks of marbled meat simply melts in your mouth without having to chew. The Lu Wei platter had a nice variety of textures ranging from the crunchy pig ears to the buttery pig intestines. Although if you are not a hardcore offal fanatic this might be a bit intense?

This is now one of my favorite Chinese/Taiwanese places in Orlando, I would definitely come back.

I would like to see them use less plastic though, there was no need to serve our rice/platter in plastic containers when we dined there, and they clearly have bowls for noodles/soup.

Date of visit: March 2018
1  Thank ymilesz
Reviewed 11 January 2018

This is an excellent "hole in the wall" restaurant for true Taiwanese food. We had the hot and sour soup (one of the best I've had), the beef stew box (very good, but if you do not like tendon, it won't be for you), the dumplings (perfect) and the beef noodle soup (delicious, but again, beef does have tendon). The menu is diverse and the customer service is very good. The portions are generous.

Date of visit: January 2018
1  Thank travelfan275
Reviewed 6 January 2018

If you go by the size of the restaurant, then you would be unimpressed. But this "whole in the wall" location has much more to offer. From the excellent cuisine to the friendly service, this is an Asian restaurant that should not be missed. The type of food offered is what the owners like to term "Taiwan Street Fair Food", and it runs the gamut of Taiwanese cuisine. I would definitely recommend it to anyone desiring to enjoy good home-cooked Asian cuisine.

Date of visit: December 2017