“Worth the Wait!”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

When we are in the area this is our favorite place to get a good grouper sandwich at a good price. We always have to wait at least 45 minutes at dinner time, but it was well worth the wait! Next time we are in the area, we’ll be back!

Willie1020, Manager at Casey Key Fish House, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2018

Thank You .,, mamamillion,,

WillieTia

Write a ReviewReviews (1,222)

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

Thoroughly enjoyed a late dinner on Monday night during spring break. Hostess very friendly and accommodating, good food all around and our server Eddie even chased me down so I didn’t forget my leftovers!

WillieTia,

Reviewed 2 April 2018

The fish is excellent and service great.
Last visited Easter Saturday - called ahead at 7:30 for party of 8
We had a short wait - not long enough to visit the nearby tiki bar that has live music.

It is old style Florida - extremely casual - plastic chairs - beverages also served in plastic.

The fish dishes our group ordered ranged from entrees, sandwiches and fish and chips.

Avoiding the fries I ordered vegetables and was surprised by excellent carrots (with ginger) and perfectly cooked green beans.

Willie Tia

Reviewed 2 April 2018

Arrived with a party of 5 and was able to be seated immediately. Unfortunately, next to a screaming child. But the food is excellent. You cannot go wrong with the almond snapper. My son even liked the ginger carrots!

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

We have been to Casey Key many times and we liked it being by the water especially around the end of the afternoon. The food used to be good, but now it seems more about the atmosphere than both of them together.

We usually got the dinners which were tasty and I loved the vegetables. These dinners pretty much haven’t changed over the years, so we thought we would try and change what we got.

We ordered the calamari and I got the shrimp basket and my wife got the grouper sandwich. The calamari seemed like it was deeper fried with too much batter. It was very crunchy which took away from the calamari itself. I would prefer a lighter batter. My scrimp platter was greasy with also too much batter. My wife’s sandwich was so salty, she could not finish it. I did like the coleslaw.

Casey Key used to be a must go kind of place. Now it is just living off its reputation. We’ll look around for something better.