“So sad...”

Tomoka Oaks Golf Club
Reviewed 16 July 2015 via mobile

This course looks like there has been a Zombie attack and no one has maintained anything for six months. It's so so sad since the layout and location could be really grand, but I have never in my 20 years of playing golf all over the world seen an official course so badly maintained. If you can play any sort of golf, go somewhere else. Staff was nice but told me that they do not know if the course is going to close and be made into housing area (could be a good idea). So sad. (Pictures of driving range and a 'fairway')

1  Thank Per H

Reviewed 24 January 2015

It's clear that the failing economy is having an adverse effect on the course - it seemed as though they were terribly understaffed. The kitchen had closed at 3:00 in the afternoon. Having said that, I can say that everyone from the back shop, pro shop and bar were extremely pleasant and made you feel welcome and appreciated. The course was in tough shape but for $ 20.00 including cart I'm not sure how much you can expect. Difficult to generate working capital at those rates. And yes .... sand everywhere.

1  Thank David L
Reviewed 18 July 2014

Beautiful course settles in beautiful part of Ormond beach easy to locate of north nova road by us1 great value for your money the course beautiful surround by upscale neighborhood and beautiful golf course homes

1  Thank Rick B
Reviewed 31 January 2013

If you do, then you're in the right place! Sand in the bunkers? Sure! And sand on the fairways, sand on the greens, sand in the parking lot... What a dump.

1  Thank Mark E
See more reviews
Reviewed 2 October 2012

I grew up playing golf on vacations with my family and playing this course at least once while we were in the area. Recently returned to find the poor economy did a number on it. What used to be close cut greens and formidable bunkers filled with fine white sand has been replaced by greens patched together amid weeds and mud for a trap.
I am glad that we didn't have to pay full price because I would have not felt as if I paid for a round of golf, but instead a walk through a recently harvested oak forest.

2  Thank Paul R