“great place to relax!!”
Review of Ocean Crest Motel

Ocean Crest Motel
Ranked #18 of 29 Hotels in Ormond Beach
Reviewed 7 May 2012

My husband and I live locally, both of us have demanding jobs. We really needed to find a place that was close to home within our budget and ocean front. If you need a place to go to to get some beach time and dont need to stay in a 5 star hotel, then this is the place to go. The owners will make you feel like family within minutes. The view is great no hustle bustle. You'll sleep like a baby!!!!!!!

Room Tip: kitchenettes are great if you bring the kids
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Kay W

Reviewed 7 August 2011

My parents and I have been frequenting this motel for close to 20 years and my parents even longer. It is a beautiful and small motel with a great view and clean rooms. The owners are great and the rooms are clean. As long as the Ocean Crest is around I will always be staying there when I go to Florida. It's very close to shopping and downtown Daytona beach. Only about 40 minutes from St. Augustine the oldest city in America. Only about an hour from Kennedy Space Center and many other Florida attractions.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
7  Thank tkod211
Reviewed 30 July 2011

My husband and I found this quaint Mom and Pop motel 19 years ago by accident. I kept a postcard we got from there and recently discovered it hidden away. Decided to make reservations for a mini-vacation. This is an older (1940s) motel that was typical of Florida motels before the high-rises came to be. It has efficieny rooms and has an unblocked view of the Atlantic. Nothing fancy, just calm, peaceful, clean, and relaxing. The owners personally take care of you. We WILL go back and it won't be 19 years this time!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
6  Thank pmackw
Reviewed 9 April 2011

Our family has been staying at the Ocean Crest for over 30 years. My parents started staying there around 1977 I think - very close to the time that Marcie and Gordon became the owners/managers. Marcie personally attended to minor injuries of my children and Gordon's the same as he was back then...super friendly and helpful, offering southern hospitality despite that fact that he still has some kind of New York/New Jersey accent. The beach of course is awesome - flat and wide - perfect for young children and skim boarding. Great waves for older kids/teens and the perfect sand mix for castle making, etc.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
5  Thank MissTheYellowRoof
Reviewed 30 August 2010

My family recently stayed at the Ocean Crest for a weekend family get together and we all had a great time. We camped out at the beach all day and relaxed on the front porch in the evening. All the rooms had kitchenettes so we were able to prepare large brunches and dinners. The motel has Old Florida charm with modern conveniences. I'm looking forward to getting back!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
6.8 km away
Super 8 Ormond Beach
Super 8 Ormond Beach
#2 of 29 in Ormond Beach

Been to Ocean Crest Motel? Share your experiences!