See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 7 August 2011

My parents and I have been frequenting this motel for close to 20 years and my parents even longer. It is a beautiful and small motel with a great view and clean rooms. The owners are great and the rooms are clean. As long as the Ocean Crest is around I will always be staying there when I go to Florida. It's very close to shopping and downtown Daytona beach. Only about 40 minutes from St. Augustine the oldest city in America. Only about an hour from Kennedy Space Center and many other Florida attractions.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
7  Thank tkod211
Reviewed 30 July 2011

My husband and I found this quaint Mom and Pop motel 19 years ago by accident. I kept a postcard we got from there and recently discovered it hidden away. Decided to make reservations for a mini-vacation. This is an older (1940s) motel that was typical of Florida motels before the high-rises came to be. It has efficieny rooms and has an unblocked view of the Atlantic. Nothing fancy, just calm, peaceful, clean, and relaxing. The owners personally take care of you. We WILL go back and it won't be 19 years this time!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
6  Thank pmackw
Reviewed 9 April 2011

Our family has been staying at the Ocean Crest for over 30 years. My parents started staying there around 1977 I think - very close to the time that Marcie and Gordon became the owners/managers. Marcie personally attended to minor injuries of my children and Gordon's the same as he was back then...super friendly and helpful, offering southern hospitality despite that fact that he still has some kind of New York/New Jersey accent. The beach of course is awesome - flat and wide - perfect for young children and skim boarding. Great waves for older kids/teens and the perfect sand mix for castle making, etc.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
5  Thank MissTheYellowRoof
Reviewed 30 August 2010

My family recently stayed at the Ocean Crest for a weekend family get together and we all had a great time. We camped out at the beach all day and relaxed on the front porch in the evening. All the rooms had kitchenettes so we were able to prepare large brunches and dinners. The motel has Old Florida charm with modern conveniences. I'm looking forward to getting back!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
3  Thank KatieandKarl
Reviewed 12 August 2010

Let me start by saying if you are a Princess and the Pea--keep looking because you won't be happy. This motel is older and shows signs of its age. If you do not smoke, smoke bothers you, or you have allergies (smoke/pets) go elsewhere. The location is right on the A1A, so with pets or little kids, you need to pay close attention.

However, the location (if you are in Ormond) is perfect! Sit outside the room of a morning with your coffee and watch the dolphins swim in the ocean. The rooms are clean. The beds are comfortable. The rooms are large. Everything is functional (appliances, a/c; etc.). The owner is VERY friendly. Dogs have a large yard out back to do their thing. There are brick walls and could not hear what was happening in the next rooms. Free wi-fi. Few outlets in the room and cell reception is poor (one bar for Verizon).

The next time we go to Ormond, we will definitely stay there!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family