“Excellent budget hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #118 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
Jacksonville, Florida
“Excellent budget hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2012

I have stayed at nearly every Comfort Inn and Quality Inn in Orlando, and I think this was one of the better experiences I have had, even more so because it was one of the cheapest. And it is located in the very popular area, just minutes from Universal and the Convention Center and right on International Drive. The staff was polite and the front desk area was very welcoming. There was a large variety in the breakfast area which had plenty of seating and was kept clean and plentiful. The room was average for a budget hotel and seemed to be clean. My significant other thought it was a little musty at first, and he really hated the shower head. In the evening the wireless internet slowed down significantly with the heavy usage in the hotel. The elevator smelled funny and felt a little unstable. Overall it was a very decent experience, and I will be bookmarking this hotel for future budget trips to Orlando.

Room Tip: We were on the 6th floor.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank supercat912

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
Lanexa, Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2012

This is actually a decent hotel in a good location and rates are usually a good value. What nothers me is their hidden $2.50 mandatory safe fee that you learn about when you check in. I have never used it and would rather they just raise the daily rate by that amount and have no surprises. I am a Platinum Choice Hotels Privileges member. I emailed the General Manager of the hotel this morning voicing my concern but have yeet to hear back from anyone.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Chris P
Decatur, Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2012

We just returned from a weekend getaway. When we arrived the front desk clerk was very friendly, she made our check-in process quick,we found the room to be clean. We are late sleepers so we didn't try the comp breakfast. The pool area seemed to a bit small ( but ok if you have small kids ). The location was great, only about a 5-10 min. drive to Universal Studios/Island of Adventure. All in all we had a wonderful time. I would stay here again.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank ttep10
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2012

I was traveling to Orlando on New Years Eve, so I made a reservation at this hotel for one room, one night, a month in advance. The room I reserved was for a king bed. When I arrived for check in, the first thing they told me was that the room I reserved for, a king bed, was not avaialble, that the only room left was one with two queen beds. I was so exhausted I took it. When I went up to my room the key did not work, I went back to the lobby and told the person that the key was not working. He gave me a new key. Went back up to the room and it was still not working. After much hammering on the door, trying to get it open, it opened, because the guest inside woke up and opened it. I could not believe they gave me a room with someone already in it. When I went back to the lobbby to tell them this, he called the room and said this without even saying hello, "Who's this?". It turns out the room had been taken but not put on the system, so the reservation I made a month in advance was for nothing because there was no more rooms. I should mention, it was 3 A.M. The guy at the front started calling other hotels to see who had an available room for the same rate. He found one, about 15 miles away, by the airport and said I would have to go there to be able to sleep tonight. I could not believe it. No manager was available to speak to, and did not even call me back the next day when I called him. I would not stay at this hotel, even if it was for free. I am just one person, and a one time thing. But think about, what if you were next? To end the review, I got to the other hotel, at 4 A.M. and was treated with incredible customer service by the front man at the hotel, the Fairfield Inn.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
8 Thank Carlos G
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2012

You never know what to expect with budget type hotels but I found the hotel clean, the staff friendly, and the location excellent. There is a Golden Corral across the parking lot along with Walgreens and Bargain World for shopping. A McDonalds is also within walking distance. If the hotel is full breakfast can be a zoo, but that was my only issue. I would stay here again.

• Stayed December 2011