So firstly I should mention that apparently this chain is owned by a company that owns a number of other hotel brands which have hotels in the area. I originally booked to stay at the Rosen Inn, Closest to Universal however upon arrival (after a 10 hour flight from London and a $45 cab ride) I was told that my reservation had been moved to a different hotel without my knowledge. So we were sent to Quality Inn which is half a mile down the road. They paid for the taxi (which I would have expected). This didn't make a huge difference to my holiday but I imagine if you purposely booked the hotel because of its location you would be pretty mad if you had been in my shoes.
Anyway, the basic standards of the hotel are good. The rooms are big and clean enough and breakfast was nice and reasonably priced. There is also a mini-market and vending machines around if you get hungry and don't want to venture out onto International drive. There is lots to do and see on International Drive and lots of restaurants too. Out of interest, it is next door to the world's biggest McDonalds.The free shuttle to/from the parks is also good.
My biggest problem with my stay was the staff. The staff at the Theme park ticket desk looked at us like we were crazy when we asked for "one park, one day" tickets even after I explained that we were only there for one day. Why would I pay for two parks and two days when I wouldn't have the time to visit both parks? Secondly when we tried to book a transfer from the hotel to the airport (orlando international) the woman was FAR, FAR more concerned with closing her desk than she was with serving us. She took our money and gave us tickets but said that the shuttle company phone line was engaged so she gave us the number and said we had to ring them ourselves to confirm the reservation. Now when you travel from the UK roaming charges on mobile phones are extortionate. I wasn't happy with this at all so I went back to her to ask if she got through but complained to me as people (i.e me) kept interrupting her as she closed her desk. Eventually she rung my room to confirm the booking.
Now this is the bit which annoyed me the most: unbeknown to me, daylight savings time kicks in 2 weeks earlier in the US than it does in the UK.No one told us this. There were no signs in the lobby, no notes in the room NOTHING. Not even the woman booking the shuttle thought it worthy to mention that the clocks were going forward that night. Consequently we missed our shuttle the next day. We complained at the front desk but this complaint was met with judgy looks, disbelief and chuckles which I did not appreciate. We were told that they could ring us a taxi but that we would have to pay the difference between the price of the shuttle and that of a taxi. After much deliberation we eventually got them to pay the difference as I believe that a hotel should provide this type of service as they often have international guests. Not to mention they have world clocks hanging behind the desks.
This left a very bad taste in my mouth so I do not think I will be revisiting this particular hotel.
I'm not one to make complaints but I was really annoyed at the attitude of these particular members of staff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Rosen Inn International, an affordable Orlando vacation hotel near Universal Orlando(R) Resort, minutes away from world-famous entertainment and shopping, and at the center of International Drive. The Rosen Inn International hotel-also close to Wet 'n Wild(R), SeaWorld(R) Orlando, and Walt Disney World(R) theme parks-offers more than convenience in location. It offers comfort, security, and its own set of luxuries-and there's never a resort fee. Our deluxe standard double guestroom features two Simmons' Beautyrest(R) pillow-top mattress perfect for relaxing after a day at the theme parks while you enjoy premium cable channels or a movie on the 32" HDTV. Every guestroom comes stocked with a hairdryer, mini-refrigerator, microwave, iron and full-size iron board, single-serve coffee maker, radio alarm clock, and an electronic safe big enough for your laptop. We also have ADA compliant rooms with roll-in shower access. At Rosen Hotel & Resorts, our effort to provide a comfortable experience and stay also with peace of mind; our guests' safety is a top priority. Uniformed security officers patrol hotel grounds 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Our gated parking is also patrolled by security officers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia APAC, Wotif.com, Hooroo Pty Ltd, Hotels.com, Booking.com, HostelWorld, lastminute.com.au, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Hotelopia, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Rosen Inn International reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quality Inn International Drive Hotel Orlando
- Quality Inn Orlando
- Orlando Quality Inn
- Rosen Inn International Orlando, Florida