“Good size accommodation, looking a bit tired!”

Sheraton Suites Orlando Airport
Ranked #73 of 338 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersGold level
Maidenhead, United Kingdom
“Good size accommodation, looking a bit tired!”
Reviewed 27 April 2012

We stayed here whilst my husband was working and I accompanied him for a holiday. The hotel staff are lovely and extremely helpful. The room maid was a joy. The room itself as the title of the hotel suggests is a suite. Comprising lounge/study area with a fridge, coffee maker (coffee provided) and microwave. There is a desk with WiFi (fairly unreliable) and a hard wire connection (more efficient). A comfortable sofa, easy chair and flat screen TV. The bedroom follows off the lounge and we choose to have a king size bed (other options exist). Bed very comfortable, barely adequate hanging space but sufficient drawers. The bathroom was huge, lighting could be better but is ok. Other facilities include an indoor/outdoor pool with nice patio areas to relax. Pool towels freely available. Bar/Restaurant and Coffee bar is ok with a limited menu. The food we had there was fine. The area is generally hotels and a car is a must since there is very little available within walking distance. Very close to the airport and main road network. Good place to stay if you don't want to be in the thick of all the tourist attractions in Orlando, but can still reach them with ease.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
SheratonSuitesMCO, Manager at Sheraton Suites Orlando Airport, responded to this review, 3 May 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review and especially for your charming words about our staff. We work hard to provide exceptional service and your kind comments are much appreciated by our team. I am also glad to hear that you enjoyed our suites and benefited from our amenities and location. We look forward to welcoming you and your family back in the future!

Nelson Santos

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (182)
Reviewed 26 April 2012 via mobile

The staff was so helpful and Lady and Kathleen were so accomaditing. Thank you for a great visit.

• Stayed April 2012
Grand Forks, ND
Reviewed 24 April 2012

Got a great deal on Hotwire.com. Beautiful room. Close to airport. Great check in staff...warned us not to fill up our rental car at the closest gas station (where they charged $5.95/gallon!!!) but to travel about a mile to get regularly priced gas (this tip was very much appreciated). Lots of nearby restaurants. The environs/neighborhood has a lot of hotels but the grounds everywhere are pretty. Felt safe at night.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 April 2012

Our reservation was booked 3 months prior to arrival and I had 2 confirmation #'s as I had 2 seperate rooms booked . , 6 people in my party . I called the hotel in the morning to dbl check on my status & to tell them we would be arriving after midnight to 2 am range ! They said as long as I had my confirmation #'s my rooms would be there for me and they looked forward to seeing me on upon my arrival .
We arrived at 1:45 am & was shocked when the girl on the desk ( very unsympathetic ) told me , sorry Mam were over booked ! I said that can't be I have 2 reservations & 2 confirmation #'s ! I was beyond ugly , almost 2 am & 2 confirmation #'s & no rooms ? Come on , I called in the am & to arrive to this !
The Sheraton did put me up in another room which was nice of them but it was not my room type. I wanted a suite because they had a king bed & a pullout sofa bed ! I was given a room at another hotel with 2 doubles & when your used to sleeping in a king to go to a double isn't fun .
I have stayed at 6 different Sheraton / Starwood properties since & have had no problems whatsoever ! I feel if a hotel has your $ & your given a confirmation # they should not be given your room away !

• Stayed February 2012
Sonja G, Manager at Sheraton Suites Orlando Airport, responded to this review, 23 April 2012
I can not begin to tell you how deeply sorry I am for our lack of managing this unfortunate situation. Sometimes an overbooking occurs due to circumstances beyond our control, which is exactly what had happened in the week of your reservation. The fact that you went out of your way to let us know of your late arrival and we failed to secure a room for you is unacceptable. Please know that this is not our usual service level and accept my sincere apology. I invite you to contact me directly since I certainly want to make this right for you.
Pawleys Island, SC
Reviewed 21 April 2012

Attractive property with good location, amenities, food, and service. Convenient to airport and several restaurants. Nice suites with plenty of room to unwind or get some business done. Good for small to mid-sized business meetings. Excellent service from Jesus - our meeting room and banquet attendant (and occasional waiter as well - this guy does it all!), Deanna, Sandra and Nelson at the front desk, and Dave in the restaurant. My room was kept up very well for the week by Wendally in Housekeeping.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business