“In need of a remodel”
Review of Rosen Inn

Rosen Inn
Ranked #103 of 342 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed 24 October 2017

I booked a room here late in the day around 6pm because the Hilton Garden was booked. I was given a king room one the first floor near the entrance. The hotel itself has a gated entrance with free parking for guests. There is a restaurant on site and a small store inside for basics which is a plus. I'm not a fan of hotels with the hotel room facing outside but there is some satisfaction knowing that there is a guard at the entrance. The room itself was oddly laid out. The dining table made the room tight and if you decided to eat on it, the a/c blows right into your face. Speaking of the a/c, the unit is rather old and VERY loud. I had to sleep with the sheets over my head. I did find a spider and a moth in the room during my stay. The hotel wasn't bad but considering I'm used to staying with the Hilton brand, this isn't a hotel I would stay at again.

Room Tip: Upper floor would give you good views
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
RosenHotels, Social Media Concierge at Rosen Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2017

Derrick H,

Thank you for sharing your concerns with us.

We do have a tower building that has a slightly different style and interior room corridors. If you plan on returning to the area, please reach out to us so we can help reserve a room for you or one of our other properties in the area that might be more suitable for your needs.

Thank you for choosing Rosen Hotels & Resorts. We hope to have the opportunity to host you again in the future.

Happy Traveling,

Stephanie M.
Social Media Concierge
Rosen Hotels & Resorts
guestinquiries@rosenhotels.com

Write a ReviewReviews (3,050)

Reviewed 21 October 2017 via mobile

Cracking hotel, great staff, great breakfast , great pool , great rooms , only slight complaint is the air con is on the floor next to the bed and blows right into your face but you get used to it ! (Good food on a budget )ponderosa just over the road all you can eat it’s bang on for only $11.99- $19.99 per person, get a done for less card extra 20% off, Buffalo Wild Wings further up the road another good place to eat beer reasonable and food great . I must mention murphys arms pub ( google it ) it’s down a side road next to gator golf , ( over the road south from Rosen inn ), they put the rugby league grand final on for us to watch it was the only pub in Orlando that would do it so many thanks to them !! finally download Uber before you travel from the U.K. and here’s the prices from the hotel that we was charged
Uber to universal $6 Uber to millers tavern / Hooters $8 Uber to seaworld $10 Uber to Disney $22 ( all on average )

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
RosenHotels, Social Media Concierge at Rosen Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2017

Thank you for your review, topslippy! I am happy you enjoyed some of our amenities such as the pools and Palms breakfast buffet. I am glad you were comfortable in your room and hope it was spacious. I am thrilled that our staff was friendly during your stay and could accommodate any request you had. I hope you had a safe trip home and visit us again soon!

Reviewed 20 October 2017 via mobile

We are just home from Staying here at the Rosen Inn Closet to Universal. We have stayed on International Drive the past few years, last year staying at Avanti which is a basic hotel but 100% better than Rosen Inn for same price. I was horrified at the state of Rosen Inn. It is on the 'dodgy' side of I-drive, any nice shops or edible food places require you to take the I-trolley up to the other end e.g. Bahama breeze etc. We booked Rosen Inn through our travel agent who assured us that it was basic but clean. It was not. We arrived after a long days travel to a dusty, mouldy room overlooking a car park. The AC was so loud it sounded like it might blow up. We are not fancy people and usually stay in budget hotels but we expect cleanliness. We immediately went down and asked for one of the newly renovated rooms..... believe me none of the rooms are recently renovated. The second room was just as noisy, dusty and dingy as the first but over looked the pool ( or puddle) so we stuck with it. Every night we itched as we lay on the terrible beds. We barely slept. We had one night at a universal hotel to get fast passes and it was the only night of the two weeks we slept. The pool area is dirty, the pool itself is tiny. The shop was awful. The wifi barely worked for us. The staff where rude. Honestly we cannot say anything positive about the Rosen Inn. Please avoid and take your family to Avanti for the same price, they offer free shuttle buses to Disney, have a Starbucks and are spotlessly clean. It's also a great location near pointe Orlando! And the Orlando eye.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple

MollyRH,

Thank you very much for your feedback, it is appreciated in improving the hotel. I am sorry that you had a horrible experience with us. I have forwarded your review for further assistance. Please look out for a message for me for your contact information.

Reviewed 19 October 2017

We stayed here as we always do from 24th September to October 11th this hotel is just right for us not overly expensive and nice and clean and well placed for visits to Universal parks we walk it in 30 mins (easy walk). We were in the main building on the 9th floor overlooking the pool and got to see the volcano across the road at volcano bay light up at night.
Check in was so easy and the staff so incredibly helpful. This is the first time we have come this early (normally mid October) and found it incredibly hot and were grateful for the air-conditioning in our room.
The pool is cleaned every morning and even I decided to swim in it this year (something I do not usually do) there is also ample sunbathing area and free towels to use.
this hotel has a breakfast dining room which is adequate or there are places to eat nearby.
The shop sells all you need for a holiday if you forget to pack something plenty of drink's and food as well. There is a small business centre for those who like to keep in touch via the net (small charge) and also prints boarding cards (no fee).
The front desk was always helpful when needed and a special thanks to Alexander Falcon and Marcia for suggesting applbees for a meal when it was raining
these two employees were so incredibly professional they deserve special mention
The rooms were cleaned every day and even the cleaners were nice and courteous
when it came time to leave we were able to keep the room for a extra few hours and even recommended a taxi to take us to the airport.
overall this hotel I rate as the best I have ever stayed in.The staff are brilliant and personally me and my fiancée would never even contemplate staying anywhere else
on international drive
Thank you Rosen inn for making our holiday fantastic

Room Tip: ask for a high floor main building away from lifts
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
RosenHotels, Social Media Concierge at Rosen Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2017

Thank you for your review, David L! I am glad that you enjoyed some of our amenities such as the Lite Bite 24 hour market, pools and The Palms restaurant for a buffet breakfast. I am happy that you were comfortable in your room and loved the view. I am thrilled that our staff could be accommodating, especially Alexander and Marcia. I will make sure to pass this along to management staff so they can recognize them. I hope you had an amazing vacation and visit us again soon!

Reviewed 19 October 2017 via mobile

We visited the hotel for a weekly business trip. Upon arrival our first impression was raising concerns. We visited an obsolete run down room that smell mold and found male genital hair on the shower towels. We asked for another room and they gave us a room that smelled worse! We asked to leave and get a refund of our hotel...alas the "policy" of the hotel did not allow. Since when a policy of a hotel does not allow refund of a room when the room was not used due to the severe unhealthy conditions? Disgrace for the reputation of a good brand name in the hotel field. terrible experience. Hope you enjoy the free money of one week...without usage of the rooms. Future customers beware...

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business

Chistos G,

I am sorry about your experience with us. Management staff is currently working with Expedia to resolve this issue as you reached out to them for a refund. Thank you again for letting us know of your stay.