“family holiday”
Review of Rosen Inn

Rosen Inn
Ranked #103 of 342 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed 19 August 2012

this was my family's first trip to florida and they were very happy with the hotel,pool,games room and location for attractions.staff couldn't have been more helpful,always polite and smiling.coffe shop breakfast buffet could do with a little improvement but all in all well worth the visit.even the room maids were playing a little game with the e.t.doll being tucked up in different ways when they were cleaning the rooms.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank john p
RosenHotels, Manager at Rosen Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2012

Thank you for letting us know what you think. We are glad you have a good holiday and hope to see you again soon!

Write a ReviewReviews (3,048)

Reviewed 16 August 2012

We stayed there for 4 nights during our stay in Orlando.

The hotel is well located, on the International Drive, with lots of restaurants and attractions at a walk distance.

It is also very close to Universal Studios (5 minutes by car). In the lobby, you can buy park tickets and shuttle to the parks, I don't really know what is offered as I was driving a car and had already my tickets.

The hotel lobby is like an airport hall. There are always people waiting for check-in / check-out, shuttle, park tickets and it is loud. Staff at the front desk were not really nice but not rude neither, I felt like they were really busy, with lot of people to deal with and lots of incoming calls, so I guess they just wanna go fast and handle you request as fast as they can.

The hotel room was very good, very clean and comfortable. You also have a fridge and a microwave in the room, which is very convenient as the breakfast is not included in the price. So we drove to the nearest Wal-mart and bought some snacks.

I am very disappointed with one feature of the hotel, which is the wifi. On the hotel's website a "complimentary in-room wifi service" is advertised, though, during our 4 day stay I can tell you that the Wifi was very slow and very random. You always get disconnected after 1 min and then you cannot reconnect. It was really a nightmare and I finally gave up trying because It would took 30 minutes of trials to finally reach the page you wanted to see. The hotel proposes a wired connection in the room, but you have to pay a fee (9$ if I remember well) to use it. I felt like the free wifi was just a scam to get people to buy the wired connection and this is not acceptable.

Overall, It was a good stay for a great price, but if you want to stay there, you have to know that the wifi might not work well and that breakfast is not included.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Nummy2
Reviewed 16 August 2012

I did not choose this hotel for my 3 week stay in Orlando, but due to my first choice hotel being renovated I was transferred to this one. The check in was ok, although there was a slight problem due to the fact that I smoke and the hotel is completely non-smoking. I had chosen my previous hotel based on the fact that they had a smoking floor. They did try to accommodate me by putting me in the west wing, where you can just step outside your door to smoke. This would be ok for a couple of days but I found it annoying for a 21 day stay.
The room (451) was ok, not the cleanest but not filthy by any means. The room was cleaned daily, although the staff seem to ignore the 'do not disturb' signs. The reception staff were friendly and helpful, although they refuse to order you a normal taxi, and instead get you a taxi which will cost you more than 4 times the price of a real cab... better to phone yourself.
The location is excellent for Universal (25 min walk), Wet and Wild (5 min walk) and other attractions on I-Drive (Seaworld, Aquatica, Ripley's, etc) are easily accessible using the I-Ride trolley service. The free wifi in the rooms is very patchy, and it is $9 a day to use the fixed line internet. The AC worked well enough, but was very noisy. Fortunately I can sleep through noise, but if you can't this could be a major problem.
The breakfast is ok, but is much better just across the road at Ponderosa. The Shogun Japanese restaurant attached to the hotel has excellent food with very entertaining cooks.
I have definitly stayed in much better accommodation on I-Drive, but this hotel would be good for non-smokers, on a budget, who are visiting the parks all day.

Room Tip: If you are a smoker ask to be located in the west wing, as you can just step outside your door to sm...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank KnightD69
RosenHotels, Manager at Rosen Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2012

We appreciate your feedback. We try to provide the best quality for the best price. We hope that you will one day give us another chance. We would love to welcome you back.

Reviewed 10 August 2012

Stayed at this hotel this summer(july 2012), with wife and grown-up daughters,in one twin room.Very,very pleased with our choice,ok, it may not be the posh-est hotel on i-drive,but as i said,it ticks all the boxes.Clean,comfortably,pleasant staff,and above all fantastic location, restaurants,diners,cafe's,bars,shops,you name it,all within walking distance,safe walking distance as well,never felt threatened the whole holiday,despite reading reports urging caution.Only a 5 minute drive from universal,20 to disney at most.Hope to return to orlando in future,had a fantastic time, and would ,without doubt try to book into this hotel.Only negative was,the selection on the hotel bars juke-box hadn't been updated since the early 80's.But this was really the only gripe...

Room Tip: we chose high room,and would again(less noise from lobby)
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank michael b
Reviewed 9 August 2012

I would come back again with a group because the location is perfect. I had a back to school road trip for youth, and there was plenty to do around the Hotel and everything was in walking distance. We were there on tax free weekend. So it was a very busy weekend. Location was great and the breakfast was very good. The group sales mgr. Ms. Angelina Motley was super nice and made sure everyone in our group was satisfied with their room, and if there was a problem it was handled right away. Kodus to the front desk ladies who were getting us all checked in thanks a bunch for the smooth check-in.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business