“Not What I Expected”
Review of Morimoto Asia

Morimoto Asia
Reserve with OpenTable
Morimoto Asia is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #448 of 4,120 Restaurants in Orlando
Neighbourhood: Lake Buena Vista
Description: Morimoto Asia is our first collaboration with Chef Masaharu Morimoto and the Japanese master chef’s first pan-Asian restaurant. Morimoto Asia will offer an entirely new experience for our guests, led by the creativity of Chef Morimoto, already one of the most inventive forces in Asian cuisine. Our culinary destination includes unique exhibition kitchens that showcase traditions like Peking duck carving and dim sum. Morimoto Asia’s eye-catching, 36-foot tall, two-story layout includes lounges, private dining spaces, and an exhibition glass encased kitchen that allows guests a behind-the-scenes glimpse of the culinary action. The second-level sushi bar and lounge have a separate entrance. Morimoto Asia is located at The Landing at Disney Springs ®, an entertainment-dining-retail district. With an overhaul and re-branding of this portion of Walt Disney World ® Resort, Disney Springs ® will present a fresh and new face to the magical kingdom that is sure to be an extraordinary experience
Reviewed 6 April 2018

I guess I went in with too high an expectation and got knocked off that plataeu. The ambiance is great and the room is really cool looking. This restaurant put a lot into it's decor and it shows. We arrived a little before our reservation and were told to come inside since they were just finishing setting that table. We then waited 15 minutes to be seated. It's fine but they defintiely weren't just setting the table. Our table was an awesome round table with an inner circle that can spin to share appetizers, it's a great table if you have a large group. We ordered drinks and shortly after appetizers. The drinks were fine except one person ordered a bloody mary which was really subpar. Very thin and watery and not indicative of a great BM at all. He ended up sending it back. Appetizers were up and down. Edamame was decent but I've had better. Just steamed and very basic. Toro Tartare was surprisingly fishy and not nearly as rich and flavorful as we've had before. Braised Pork Bao was excellent. The pork was cooked perfectly and the sauce was very tasty. The Bao bun was exactly what was expected. The portobello mushroom fries were pretty good too but needed the sauce otherwise they were a little bland. Then on to entrees. First off, if a restaurant is not going to serve dishes at the same time they MUST communicate to the table. Our server never said a word and we literally had people eating entrees with 4 separate rounds of food. Most were done eating by the time the last dishes came out. The sushi came out first, and it was fine but had a "rolled and kept in fridge for a bit" kind of feel to it. I've had so many fresh amazing sushi rolls and these left a little to be desired. Then the ribs and orange chicken entrees came out. I didn't try the Orange Chicken but the Ribs were very tasty. They are fried so be careful if you don't like fried food but they are really tasty and I found myself wanting more. Then the Peking Duck came out. It was good but luke warm at best and it cooled off so quickly. I really wish this dish could be hotter but it pretty good overall. Finally, two of the kids at our table got their food last which was Pork Eggrolls and Dumplings. Everyone was done eating when these came out. Our server seemed pretty new and was a bit frazzled by us being upset. I asked for a manager who did come over pretty quickly. She apologized and did take a discount off but since we are DVC members, we alreayd had 20% off. The extra % amounted to another $12 off the bill. It's fine, at least they tried to do something. Our waiter disappeared after we complained. I think he was a little scared to come back to our table. I really wanted to love this restaurant and I may give them one more chance once I am in Disney again. It really needs to be better or I won't be going back again.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,942)

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

My husband and I have been to the Morimoto in Philadelphia twice and loved it both times, but this location is absolutely stunning. The food lives up to the restaurant group’s standard. We had six people so we sampled a lot of different appetizers and entrées. Our favorites were the sashimi combo and the Peking Duck. Our waiter said they sell upwards of 100 Peking Duck entrées on a Saturday night so you know it is a specialty of this location! I have been going to Disney World for almost 40 years and aside from Epcot and some of the hotel restaurants, it is usually a mediocre food experience. But now with the newly renovated Disney Springs and the opening of Morimoto, we can finally have a world-class meal in Disney!

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Short and sweet: The best food in Disney. Go for the spare ribs they are to die for !!

We liked it so much, we went two nights in a row.

Better than having another meal with the Disney Characters

Reviewed 4 April 2018

I really expected a lot more from a Disney springs restaurant.
The food was alright, the ramen was good.
The sushi was not my favorite at all, I have had much better sushi at home but that is just my opinion.
The service was terrible, our waiter was slow, muffled talking so we barely understood anything he said. I had to ask for the eel sauce 3 times before he actually brought it to the table. We had another young man from the kitchen, coming to explain that the sauce for a dish did in fact have seafood which another friend at the table is allergic to. When asked if they could put the sauce on a side they laughed at our friend, saying that it's impossible to put it on the side, then continued laughing all the way back to the kitchen. I thought was extremely rude. And after that, our table was treated very poorly, not taken seriously at all.
I won't be coming here again. I did not have a pleasant experience at all.

Hopefully for others coming they will have a much better time than my table and I did.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

Wonderful place for Asian especially if you're in Disney Springs or close by. Wonderful décor and atmosphere. The ribs are amazing! So is the duck and also the Key West Shrimp.